X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Bridge SDGA Pro/Am doubles weekly

*05/10/2010* High Bridge doubles are on hiatus until the fall, probably. Its tournament season, so the only weekly that I'll be running will be Wednesday at Downriver at 5:30pm.

[old info]The idea is to showcase some new pin placements that have been added, to spread info as needed, and to have fun.

The first info that needs spreading: Do Not play any temp holes or any golf at all across A Street. The anchors there are being dug up soon because the land is reserved for a dog park. We do not want to get complaints from them because it will negatively affect our ability to get a course put in at People's Park.

The SDGA working on getting a course planned for People's Park and the section of land north of Riverside, and more details on that to follow.

It will cost $7, and the payment breakdown will be:
    $5 payout
    $1 club for course maintenance and improvement (new pins at High Bridge was their latest venture, and more is planned for that area)
    $1 ace pot (SDGA is fronting $50 to kick this off! $50 MINIMUM, $100 cap.)

We currently do a CTP each week for a spanking new disc for everyone, too!

The flyer and payout schedule are attached.
    Last edited by Parks; May 10th, 2010, 09:43 PM.
    We're at our best when it's from our hips

Thanks Lyle

Hey thanks for getting this up so fast Lyle
    If anyone needs info on the event feel free to give me a call
    509-389-5451 Joe

Comment

FLYER

See attached flyer for info on event

Comment

Thank You

Thank You to all who contributed at the meeting. A lot of good constructive info and ideas. Especially Thanks to Joe and Lyle for their investment into seeing the Club and courses move forward by bringing their energies and talents to the table> you guys are
        Jaymie

Comment

I'll definately keep that in mind, sounds like fun. I don't necessarily like the idea of a mandatory ace pot - I think it should always be optional - but I also don't thinks it's a big deal. I might try to make an appearance here and there.

Comment

Good idea Scott, I'll run that by the mass on Saturday and see if they'd prefer an option. Please swing over, it's been too long

Comment

I'll try to make it out when I can for sure. I also don't like the idea of having to pay the $5. I think the best option that might help bring in new players would be to let people skip the $5, just pay the $1 to the club with an optional ace pot, and if the player doesn't want to pay the $5 then they are just not eligible for the payout at the end. Beginners are not going to want to pay $5 that they know they won't have a chance at winning back. Again just my 2 cents, it's an option that we have been doing in North Idaho for a couple years and we seem to get some really good turnouts - lots of beginners (which is both good and bad).

Comment

Its Pro/Am, so really everyone has a chance at winning.

Wayne Miller and Eric Brown have both backpacked many Ams to victory at High Bridge

Comment

I have just recently started playing dg and love it. I am progressing well, but cannot be considered anything other than an Am. I think it's totally fine to charge anyone who plays the full price for the league. I played my first doubles tourney a few weeks back in Vancouver, WA and won back $1.50 or my $2 entry. $7 may be a little steep, but I think every one should pay, and hope to get a payout. It's about playing well, so you can win. In fun of coarse, but who doesn't want to have a good round and get paid for it. All I'd say is that you could lower your entry to $4 or five bucks. Payouts would be a bit less, but you'd still be getting club funding and the ace pot. Which I think is a good thing, because I plan on getting some aces in the future(hopefully when I'm playing league and can cash out!) hahaha. Hopefully I'll see you guys Sat. and Sun. as I'm in town and hope to play both days.
                  I don't think am's need fear not getting in on the pay out since it's a pairing of a pro and an am. My first doubles league round I was randomly paired with the guy winning the league. It was great.

Comment

First off Lyle, I just now paid enough attention to see that it will be run as a Pro/Am format. I was just thinking that it would be singles because that is what I am used to with the North Idaho Recreators Weekly Leagues - my bad, I am a little slow sometimes

Second, gandylion, the last thing that I am worried about is not playing well enough to cash. I am certainly not the best disc golfer around but I think I can sometimes hold my own. However, where my concern is is with my wife. Neither one of us can see paying $7 for her to play when she has very limited abilities, doesn't really care about competative play, and has very little shot of getting an ace (unless the hole was about 150ft.). I have no problem paying $7 for me to play every once in a while but I don't like the idea of having to pay that much for her.

Again, when I first read this thread I was just assuming it was a singles format - that's what I get for assuming - and that would then make it easy for someone to forgo all of the other fees except the $1 to the club. My bad. I'll see if I can convince my wife to go, otherwise perhaps I'll see everyone there without my better half.

Comment

Scott, I can't speak for Joe but I am open to running one day as Pro/Am doubles and one day as another format, as voted on by the people who are attending.

I mostly want to get as many warm bodies out to the course as is possible, and the format is merely a means to an end in that regard.

If people want to do singles handicap/scratch, and have an optional pay-in for everything but the dollar for the club, then I would be more than happy to oblige.

That being said, I know you can cash in any format I've had decent luck cashing as a Pro recently in doubles and singles, so I know you wouldn't have any problem doing so.

Comment

31 people today, 2 discs donated by SDGA as CTP prizes.

Payout was top 5 teams (~33%):

$60 first (Mike "the Mouth" Harris and Aaron Merrill)
                        $40 second (Kevin Sakus and Lyle Parks)
                        $30 3rd (??)
                        $15 4th (??)
                        $10 5th (??)

I saw Cole & Wobbly Bob, Darrin Case and someone, and David Bodey and someone? playing off for the last three places, but I didn't see who won.

Thanks to everyone who came out and played.

Comment

I would say the Sat doubles were a blast. I can't really see any better way spending my afternoon.

I would like to see the start around 10 am but that is just me.

Comment

Curt McGregor was running a doubles event at 10am, but I'm not sure if he plans on doing it at Downriver, Highbridge, or at all.

His number is on some flyers at Downriver and you could give him a call if that floats your boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                              31 people today, 2 discs donated by SDGA as CTP prizes.

Payout was top 5 teams (~33%):

$60 first (Mike "the Mouth" Harris and Aaron Merrill)
                              $40 second (Kevin Sakus and Lyle Parks)
                              $30 3rd (??)
                              $15 4th (??)
                              $10 5th (??)

I saw Cole & Wobbly Bob, Darrin Case and someone, and David Bodey and someone? playing off for the last three places, but I didn't see who won.

Thanks to everyone who came out and played.
                              I'm pretty sure Royer and Ben got 3rd outright, David and Cody Miller got 4th, and Cole (me) and Bob got 5th. It took 5 playoff holes to determine 4th and 5th! Nice work everyone!!
                              PDGA #42116

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X