X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Parks View Post
    Curt McGregor was running a doubles event at 10am, but I'm not sure if he plans on doing it at Downriver, Highbridge, or at all.

His number is on some flyers at Downriver and you could give him a call if that floats your boat.
    Not that big of a deal I can make noon work. I will just have to give presents to keep the wife happy.

Comment

12/5/09

We had 21 people show up on this chilly day.

$55 1st Wayne and Jeremy with a smoking -7
      $35 and $15 2nd and 3rd was a three way tie at -3 and a playoff, if you know who took home the bacon let me know

Jeremy picked a sweet 150 Star Sidewinder for his CTP prize.

Gordy and C-Re' donated a full-color Challenger and two SS Voodoos, respectively. Bob/the SDGA put up an Aviar for the CTP bin as well.

I am currently taking donations of NEW discs for the CTP bin. Lets get that plastic that you don't throw out of the boxes in your basement and into the hands of players who will use it.

The ace pot currently stands at $74, which is quite tasty!
      Last edited by Parks; December 5th, 2009, 10:55 PM.
      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

12/12/09

We had 24 people show up last Saturday.

$55 1st David Bodey and Cole Swanson -8
        $35 2nd Tom Stephens and Tom Hoiseth (Tom Squared beat Miller Squared in a playoff) -7
        $20 3rd Wayne Miller and Cody Miller -7
        $10 4th Lyle Parks and Luke Burgell -5

Chris Hilgert snagged a Star Sidewinder for his CTP prize.

Joe Royer donated a Champ Starfire on Sunday to the CTP bin.

I am currently taking donations of NEW discs for the CTP bin. Lets get that plastic that you don't throw out of the boxes in your basement and into the hands of players who will use it.

The ace pot currently is at the cap of $100. With a few ace run holes at High Bridge, this could be a nice paying day of disc golf for someone!

Comment

12/26/09

We had 27 players, despite the chilly weather.

$60 1st Josh Erickson and Tony C -7
          $35 2nd Wayne Miller and Ben Carpenter -6
          $20 3rd Lyle Parks and Mike Harris -6
          $15 4th Eric Brown and his partner -5

Christopher Re' took the CTP and nabbed a (surpise!) Gateway disc, an E Sabre.

The ace pot currently is at the cap of $100.

Comment

1/2/09

We had 24 players this day.

$55 1st Derek Fulton and Brian Bailey -9 (nice!)
            $35 2nd Jared Person and Mike Harris -8
            $20 3rd Lyle Parks and Codey Miller -5
            $10 4th Stimpi Steve and Cole S -5

Derek Fulton took the CTP and grabbed a Champion Starfire donated by Joe Royer.

The ace pot currently is at the cap of $100.

Comment

30 January Doubles at People's Park

Doubles this Saturday will be played at People's park. There are currently 12 roughed out bucket holes in place. Either meet over at the People's Park parking lot or at High Bridge 11 like normal. Cost will be $5, no club fee and no Ace pot. Bring a note pad for ideas, help make the course better before the baskets go in. This round is really just to get ideas about what you think of the layout. It is very safe to say you will see something no one else has and we need that feedback. Unless someone wants to donate $1500 to hire a professional course designer, we are going to do it this way.
              Last edited by joeroyer; January 27th, 2010, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Peoples park current layout

File is attached at the bottom and you should print it out and bring it with

All tee pads are marked with yellow ribbons.
                2's tee pad walk straight towards the river after playing #1 and follow the bank to the right to bush with ribbons. Throw east past first group of trees east then across field and down the hill into the woods.
                3 is up the road then left on the crest of the hill, ribbons on bush, bucket is down by old large oak tree.
                4 is straight west just past and next to the tree line across the road, throwing to the hidden power pole.
                5 is near the large log near the road south west of 4's bucket 200 feet, you'll throw back down the tunnel straight north.
                6 Cross the road again to the small knoll where the road forks. The mando tree is the largest one in sight when facing west and leans slightly to the left. Basket is 200' down the trail and off to the right.
                7's tee is 80' from 6's basket throwing straight
                8, go west from 7s basket down path into woods
                9 is 100' south east of 8, just off the road throwing through the trees to the top of the hill
                10 walk down the hill you just threw up, on the road, go left(south) when you are past 9's tee
                11 is 150' south east of 8's bucket on the inside of the curve of the road. Basket is through the small tunnel straight south.
                12 is south east of 11's bucket near the top of the hill, throwing past the large trees to the basket in the field

Last edited by joeroyer; January 27th, 2010, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Your map looks like it has cocks and balls all over it.

Which is fitting for People's Park in its current state.

Comment

Just got off the phone with Joe, Doubles will be at High Bridge this Saturday at noon.

Comment

Lol Parks that's funny.
                      I said whippet, whippet good.

Comment

My friends and I have recently started playing the doubles at Highbridge, but we will NOT be coming back for the following reason: Our group was 4 ams, the group in front of us was 6 pros. There were 8 groups of ams today, so why were all of those pros playing together? Trying to guarantee a payday I guess. If this is the integrity level of the SDGA, we do not want to be a part of it.
                        Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

Comment

Maybe u should have played with the AM group that won it?? I happen to be in that group of 6 and there wasn't a group of 6 PRO's. So before you go and bash the SDGA you should check out the facts 1st there guy.
                          I said whippet, whippet good.

Comment

Kris, I appreciate that you did come on here and voice your criticisms. If people kept their concerns to themselves or just mindlessly bitched then nothing would ever improve.

Here's my take on this:

That group of 6 was me (playing Pro, though I'm not qualified to do that even in these events) paired with an Am (Ben), Eric (Pro, by any account) and his Am partner Chris, Darrin (Pro at High Bridge, Am everywhere else), and his Am partner Edgar (can shoot well, hasn't lately, but in either case I think they were a couple strokes out of the deep paying cash).

The group that won it: David (playing up as a Pro) and Brandon (Am). They both played Intermediate (not even Advanced Am!) all last year in PDGA tournaments.

That being said, there were ZERO Pro/Pro pairings. If we had done random draw, that wouldn't be the case. We did not have enough Pros to do full Pro/Am (the preferred format), and that is partly because we had 38 people show up and there are barely 19 Pros in the area. So unless we're pulling Pros from Tri-Cities and Missoula for our weekly, full Pro/Am just isn't going to happen in that case.

As for how the groups are flighted out, its pretty much just find a group and find a hole. We could mix it up more by organizing it with cards, but then people complain about not being able to play with friends and long walks to their starting hole. I generally just let my partner pick or try to grab a team of people that I haven't played with in a while.

Its a balancing act and I can't please everyone, but I want to make it as fair and enjoyable for the players as possible. How would you suggest improving the event?
                            Last edited by Parks; January 30th, 2010, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Solutions

Please read my latest post at http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...ead.php?t=4024.
                              Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Doubles this Saturday, 2/27, is canceled this week due to the Corbin Ice Bowl out in Post Falls.

Doubles on Sunday this week at Downriver is still a go.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X