X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add Alternate Pin Placements.

So I threw my personal best at Highbridge yesterday, a 48 . Had a wonderful game but started to think maybe putting in some alternate pins could make the course more challenging. I'm sure this has been discussed before. How hard could it be?
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

If your a SDGA member you can ask the people in charge those questions they could be answered there I would hope. I know there was a time Downriver was going to get some new pin locations but I dont know what ever happened there, I dont know who told Matt and Troy to dig holes that were never used, but I think who ever told them should do half of the new ones. if we ever got any? I think we need to have a fund raiser for new anchors? But I know that any kind of little tourney you do the SDGA wants there cut (what ever that is) so there should be plenty of money in the club for anchors? But all in all dont take this from me join the SDGA and look for the answers there.
    I said whippet, whippet good.

Comment

Hell I work in a metal shop. Making the sleeves would be easy. The real question is would alternate pins be allowed by the city since it all has to be approved by them before the S.D.G.A approves it (at least I believe it's this way).

Wouldn't it be nice to have 5 further down the hill though? I'm tired 230 foot holes and less. Putters should never be used for drives. Come on S.D.G.A!!! Let us all know.
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

it would be nice to have 5 down further, but from what I heard is that the parks dept doesnt want us to have any of the holes crossing the queer road. So I dont know how long or if we need to chage those holes around or not. Again if you go to a meeting you can tell them making sleeves for the anchors is easy and you can do it, then maybe the ball would get rolling on new pin placements. It's just trying to get the club going on stuff. I have been part of the club for a while and they move slooooooooow to sloooow if you ask me. Cherry hill, Corbin all have alt pin locations and those courses are fairly new? GO IDAHO Wreckreators. So we need more motivation in our club we need to start spending money on improvements, like new tee signs?
        I said whippet, whippet good.

Comment

New tee signs would be excellent.
          Cleveland Brown

Comment

So the 48 has jinxed me into throwing a 57, a 56 and a 66! Play the best game of my life at that course and now start throwing it worse then I was playing it last year. Amazing how that seems to happen.
            Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Eric whippet Brown View Post
              If your a SDGA member you can ask the people in charge those questions they could be answered there I would hope. I know there was a time Downriver was going to get some new pin locations but I dont know what ever happened there, I dont know who told Matt and Troy to dig holes that were never used, but I think who ever told them should do half of the new ones. if we ever got any? I think we need to have a fund raiser for new anchors? But I know that any kind of little tourney you do the SDGA wants there cut (what ever that is) so there should be plenty of money in the club for anchors? But all in all dont take this from me join the SDGA and look for the answers there.
              Hi, Eric. I'm the guy who asked Troy and Matt to scope out some new placements at DR. I'm not so good at hole diggen anymore but the spirit is there. I think I can answer a few questions though. Yes, the Club has $ for stuff like this and C-Re or someone should still have 5 or 6 anchors we could use. Yes, this would be a Club decision and compared to a lot of other stuff we're trying to move foward on this could be relativly simple. Remember, HB is waiting for public $ to rebuild the course and the idea is for alt placements to be the location for the new baskets. Again, we, the 'user' group are waiting for action from Parks (not Lyle). In the meantime I don't think it would be that big of a deal for the Club to spend a little bit of $ and effort to provide some new 'looks' for us. Re; Club Cut. We used to have regular weekly events that generated a buck or two per person to the Club. Most recently Cory and Brian Baily ran them. At the same time there have also been non Club events and that is the subject of considerable discussion which I will not elaborate on here. The result is that folks are tired of the debate; don,t want to be a part of it and as a consequence attendance in either type of event is way down. Anyways, those dollar bills from weekly events and membership is where the money for all the stuff installed at the courses comes from. Gordy. PS 4-Mound is open tomorrow, $5/car.

Comment

All I know about this is that it would be so nice to move hole 5, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16 17 and 18. 1 and 2 would also be pretty easy to find alternate pin locations for. Now if it ever happens that is a different story. Making anchors isn't difficult. Especially if you work in a precision sheet metal manufacturer and have an owner who plays disc golf whenever he can get out to a course. Come on SDGA, don't let the Idahoans show us up with their courses and alternate pins (and soon to be alternate pads @ Corbin) on all their courses.
                Cleveland Brown

Comment

How do i get the anchors?

I am interested in installing the new anchors at HB. I just need the key to the locks and the anchors themselves. Please let me know. I guess a few bucks from the club for concrete would help too but not be a showstopper.

Comment

Originally posted by joeroyer View Post
                    I am interested in installing the new anchors at HB. I just need the key to the locks and the anchors themselves. Please let me know. I guess a few bucks from the club for concrete would help too but not be a showstopper.
                    Joe, Call me. Gordy.

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                      All I know about this is that it would be so nice to move hole 5, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16 17 and 18. 1 and 2 would also be pretty easy to find alternate pin locations for. Now if it ever happens that is a different story. Making anchors isn't difficult. Especially if you work in a precision sheet metal manufacturer and have an owner who plays disc golf whenever he can get out to a course. Come on SDGA, don't let the Idahoans show us up with their courses and alternate pins (and soon to be alternate pads @ Corbin) on all their courses.
                      do you realize or care that those of us that golf with our kids and go out just for fun really enjoy the short holes!!!!!! seeing my kids (12 & 14) putt for birdy is great. take out the short holes and you take the fun out of it for a lot of people that are just starting or golf with their families.
                      Work is for people that dont golf!!!!!

Comment

Roadhog, I think you should maybe check out Eagle Ridge

My understanding is that there is a small course there with a few short holes.

Why not take the kids out there and play a few rounds?

Alternately, I see you are out in the valley. Corbin Park in Post Falls is about the same drive from there as High Bridge, and it has some great short holes that your kids might like even better.
                        We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

played them all in the area. except four mounds and fairchild. I really enjoy the course layout at high bridge. it is actually my favorite couse in the immediate area. some long some short is great on a course. if all the holes are long whats the point of having a FAMILY sport! when new players and families go to play how long do you think they will stick around if they are scoring 6 or 7 per hole because ALL the holes are too long. leave it with some long and some short so that EVERYONE can enjoy it, not just the long throwers!
                          P.S. theres also a short course in CDA called blue grass. played that too.
                          Last edited by roadhog; November 3rd, 2009, 05:51 PM.

Comment

how hard would it be to find land in the area and build a long course? instead of limiting where the average can go and have fun. someone out there has to know of someone with land to do such a thing. build it as long as you want. call it a pro course or long course.

Comment

The SDGA had its board meeting last night and we decided to go ahead with adding 18 more holes at highbridge nine will be put in over fall and winter and another nine in the spring.( providing we raise the funds to purchase all 18 $7000 or so)
                              Last edited by catalystdg; November 4th, 2009, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X