Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well put Joe, Please do not go across A Street and practice the holes that will never be there.
    Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

i will go down this morning and move teepads for 5 and 6 and possibly clear the greens on 7 and 9
      i will also move 1s tee so the pole is not in the way

Comment

here is a rough draft of the work that we still have to complete

Highbridge park disc golf course

1. Complete final three alternate pins ( holes 8, 15 and 18 ) and replace anchors on
        alternates for 13 & 14.

2. Measure and map both A and B layouts.

3. Repair teesigns and install kiosk at hole 1 and install “next tee” signs where needed

4. Grade and secure teepads.

5. Repair and prevent erosion on holes 5,6,15 and 18

Comment

EROSION

[QUOTE=catalystdg;45200]here is a rough draft of the work that we still have to complete

1. Complete final three alternate pins ( holes 8, 15 and 18 ) and replace anchors on
          alternates for 13 & 14.

3. Repair teesigns and install kiosk at hole 1 and install “next tee” signs where needed

5. Repair and prevent erosion on holes 5,6,15 and 18[/QWhat kind of materials do you need for the work on item #5? Gordy.

Comment

Originally posted by catalystdg View Post
            here is a rough draft of the work that we still have to complete

alternates for 13 & 14.

5. Repair and prevent erosion on holes 5,6,15 and 18
            6??? Move the normal 13 pin short and to the left of the alt pin (big green area) since the normal position is kind of a nothing hole. This will make use of the fairway that was cleared for the alt, and allow this area to regrow. Good idea/bad idea?

Also, why would 8 get an alternate pin? It seems more fitting to make an alternate teepad back behind the current one since there is plenty of room and some decent lines (assuming we can use that area).

18 could also possibly benefit from an alternate teepad instead of a pin.

Also, a good system for indicating the current layout could be implemented at the hole 1 kiosk and the hole 11 tee sign. Basically, you have a place that says A layout on the left and a place that says B layout on the right. Below them are those hook eye screws (see picture). Then you just tie a ziptie through the screw that is below the current layout.

This system is cheap, easy, easy to understand, and vandals can't change which layout is being indicated like with some systems. It was the best way that I could find from posting a thread asking about it on another forum: http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums...hp?f=3&t=15558
            Last edited by Parks; December 11th, 2009, 03:30 AM.
            We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

moving hole 13 i agree with but is something that needs to be brought up at the next meeting. hole 8 will get a alt pin as well as an alt tee( with just an alt tee hole 9 teepad becomes a problem) hole 18 is something that needs discussed( i really don't have any ideas)
              as for identifing which layout is in play your basically on the same page as what we were discussing at the meeting

Comment

Hellyer Park in San Jose uses something similar to indicate pin positions. Basically there was a hole on the sign next to each pin positon and a bolt (with locking nut) in the correct hole. That was really cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  Hellyer Park in San Jose uses something similar to indicate pin positions. Basically there was a hole on the sign next to each pin positon and a bolt (with locking nut) in the correct hole. That was really cool.
                  I heard some people comment that idiots would take the bolts. Less incentive to take a ziptie since once you break it you can't use it.
                  We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                    I heard some people comment that idiots would take the bolts. Less incentive to take a ziptie since once you break it you can't use it.
                    The ones I saw were locking bolts - pretty tough to get off.

Comment

A report from Jeff Crum concerning his latest visit to the Park's Dept.

Here are the notes from Jeff's latest trip to the Park's Dept.
                      Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                        Here are the notes from Jeff's latest trip to the Park's Dept.
                        Thanks Bob.
                        Actually I didn't go to the Park Department - But I did go somewhere with a Park Department official that was very encouraging... Check out the article and you'll see what I mean...
                        Rely on Me

Comment

Sweet I'd be all over a course at Sekani since it's like ten minutes from my house

There seems to be something wrong with the file format on your report, however. I converted it to a PDF which might be more easily viewable:
                          Last edited by Timber; December 17th, 2009, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X