X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Course records

Anyone know the official and unofficial course records at High Bridge?

I see Nate Sexton has shot a -10 on the PDGA site.

I've heard that a few people have shot an -11, but I can't confirm it. I think Eric Brown, Jeremy Thornton, and someone else?

I also heard that Dario Re' had an absolutely ridiculous -9 on the original 9 hole layout. That is insane, since I think it would include either catching birdies on both holes 3 and 14 or getting an ace or two to cancel the pars.

Can anyone add to these or confirm them?
    We're at our best when it's from our hips

My best is only a 10 here even with an ace on 13 it should have been lower but oh well I Aced 13 yeeeehaaawwww.
    I said whippet, whippet good.

Comment

It was only your 153rd time acing 13, right?

Comment

If I only had a nickle for everytime I aced that? wait that would only be 40 cents. I guess It will have to be another tourney ace to be any fun, when theres an ace pot. Im trying to throw backhand at it more now, with my whippet of course.
        I said whippet, whippet good.

Comment

I shot a 4 down the other day. Not close to a ten down but what can you do?
          My average has dropped from 59 to 54 so it's getting better. Still Tuesday of last week I shot a 63 .
          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
          Cleveland Brown

Comment

Pat Blazek had a -12 during LCO, which is the record as far as I know.

Comment

i shot a - 6 on the new "A" layout my personal best ( although it was my first full round other than doubles last week)

Comment

Wayne Miller put up a -8 not too long ago on the A layout, which is likely the current course record.

Its good, but its definitely beatable

I also saw him deuce hole 10 alt today. He threw a roller that turn topside a bit too early and ended up about even with the normal pin along the path to the right, and canned the jump putt from there.

My personal best on the A course still remains -1 which I shot the first day I played it. Less than fantastic...

Comment

wayne can shoot really well when there is nothing on the line..
                  ask him how many times hes beet me in a tourny

Comment

i think the b layout will play a few strokes easyer( on average) the a layout has easier birdies but it has four of the five hardest holes ( #4,5,10 and 14) the only really tough hole on the b course will be 13

Comment

My only concern with the A and B layout is that both the super short ace runs (7 and 13) are on the same layout.

If nothing else, this might skew ace pot buy-ins for the two different layouts

Comment

the new teepad for # 1 makes the b placement an ace run as well

Comment

Hmmm, that is true.

Is there any way to push that new teepad back some and possibly to the right to make the B placement both more challenging and to keep discs away from the transformer?

Alternately, could we just eschew the normal placement for hole 13 and dig a new A layout pin a little shorter and to the left of the B layout pin? There is a good size green and it would still make 13 a tunnel shot, just a different one (slight righty hyzer, lefty turnover). It would be a easier than the B layout pin still, but enough of a challenge to be a worthwhile hole.

Comment

i looked around that area and couldn't find another spot that worked.
                            moving the pin is possible, my hope is that playing the new position will let the old green( behind and up the hill) grow back a little

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X