X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the City jump in???

I'm curious to know will the city stand up and jump in with getting Highbridge DGC a city run course? There is federal grant money there just waiting for our course, it seems that the city is dragging there feet. It's starting to feel like it will never happen. "Help me SDGA, you're our only hope!"

Isn't there a course already at Highbridge Park? What do you mean? How about using grant money to build a NEW course?
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Well, the money is specifically for High Bridge if I'm not mistaken.
      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

It has been about three years since the first hint that federal monies would be commited to the renewal of HB. The best part is that we have all enjoyed DG there for six years due entirely to the efforts of SpoParks and the SDGA. At present the SDGA is simply letting the wheels of progress slowly turn. There is a landscape design firm that is under contract with the City to render the SDGA's suggestion into a blueprint for construction. While this firm feels that overall progress on this project is 'lagging', they, never-the-less, would ,in our opinion, be the first ones to know of new action on this front. In the meantime consensus in the SDGA is that their energies and $ are better invested in other areas, such as a DG developement east of here in the Valley. This topic will be drawing a lot of attention in upcoming Club meetings. Again thank SDGA for the ongoing DG opps at HB. #21004 out.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X