Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow and Course Updates?

Gordy,

Whats the snow situation looking like on the three courses that are being played on Saturday and Sunday? Just want to know if I should be extra boots for the two rounder.

Also, how bad is the snow flying at your place now? It's not so bad in the Valley but I bet it's a ton worse up that direction. Just trying to prepare to get my ass handed to me this weekend. Been a long time since I shot Hawk or Cape Fear (pretty sure I've actually forgotten the layout of Hawk and I'm sure that I've forgotten most of the layout of Fear). Can't forget Porcupine though since I've played that one the most.

Thanks
    Stuart
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

See post under Wa Events; St. Patty's Classic

Stuart, The built-up snow is really what is hard to clear. There are three tees I know of that we could scrape down and add a rug to the top .(Porky #3, Porky #18 and Hawk #17) Those will be addressed tomorrow. I expect most of the new snow to melt off, but there are still a lot of snow fields. Yes, bring back-up boots and socks(especially if you play your in-water lies) Thanks fer askin. Gordy

Comment

Snowbound and Down

The driveway into Four Mound is plowed and is plenty good for front-wheel drive. It's fine for two-wheel also but the climb up Spring Hill (Four Mound Rd.) could be tricky due to daily conditions.....There is plenty of cleared out parking around the Clubhouse and the road out to Fear 1 and Hawk 1 is plowed.....The snow on the courses is in drifts up to about a foot and has a fresh crusty top. The tees are au natural......A 23' antenna mast on top of the House Mound and 500' of co-axial cable provide crispy free HD TV for watching the playoffs. Bodes well for Super Sunday.......Happy New Year to You.

Comment

Clubhouse

The old Clubhouse(shack) is currently under renovation. All the interior walls have been removed and all the perimeter walls are skinned down to the studs, wiring all removed and insulation gone. There will be a remodeled kitchen and bath, new slider windows and new doors. A wood stove is already installed and the scrap wood is warming and drying the interior.
        The big plan is to turn it into a studio where Jaymie can splash all the paint around she can. Can't wait!
        When you come out for your round this weekend come check on the progress.

Comment

It's a foot deep

The in-town courses look like they are melting out pretty quick but at the Mound it's generally a foot deep everywhere. It's also just crunchy enough on top that you don't know if you'll stay on top or break through.....So it's alot of work to just walk atound. The Clubhouse is coming along though and smells like sawdust instead of old dead mouses so that's an improvement! The Super Bowl Party last weekend was a high anxiety affair and it was tough to see the Niners come up short there at the end. Thanks to all you solid 49er fans for getting me through the pain. Next Year!

Comment

Ducks on the Pond

Pond is at full capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
              Pond is at full capacity.
              Does that mean we can go swimming now?
              Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Cape Fear

Jaymie and I call #8 on Cape Fear ' Going to Edmonton' Any of you who have ever been to Edmonton know it takes a while. From the old tee the new tee is back 120', behind the hedge and in the open. It is slightly elevated.
                The pin is beyond the original long position, back where there are a pair of green metal gates. The pin is nestled in front of the connected gate panel sections which serve as a backstop to the green. This backstop is about 12' behind the hole (kind of like the corral on Porcupine #18) However there is no OB.
                The early 1/3 of the hole has been cleared of lots of old logs and such and all off the trees that line the fairway have been pruned up nicely. This new configuration tapes out at 726'. Very much like going from Red Deer to Edmonton. From the green its a short easy walk to the tee of #9, Cape Fear.
                The tee for #9 has been moved back 100' to a broader and more generous tee box area. This is the tee we played in the two Fundraisers so a lot of you already know it. The hole measures 635'.
                On #10, the Three Towers, I'm trying to get a lot of the rock under and around the third tower cleaned up and make a decent path up the middle. We'll see. Other than a new bench and a fat 10' piece of Fly 18 that won't slide around there are no changes.
                From the original tee box at hole 11 some of you may remember a small mound directly behind it and slightly to the left as you turn around and face it. That's where the new pad is. It is 40' longer and aligns much more directly on the sight-line to the pin. The fairway going up the hill has been cleaned up a LOT, so from the tee you'll have a much fairer landing zone than before, especially if you can put your drive on the hill. The longer tee makes the new hole 425' not including the 50' rise.
                Come take a look. Bring some plastic.

Comment

Got 4" of snow today and burned two BIG slash piles. There will be more in the next few days and temps will be 30 to upper 30s so this might hang on. The drive in is still good for 2wd so far. 7Mile Rd has been sanded in the steep and shady parts but when it gets icy watch out! I plan to keep the driveway open as much as possible so golfers (and us) can get in and out.....Also, the tee signs have been brought in (except the Fear signs) We plan to produce new signs by spring (and 'Next Tee' signs) Gordy

Comment

The snow right now hardly dusts the tops of your shoes. I got in 18 holes on Christmas Day in my high-top tennies and didn't get cold feet.......I recommend starting on Porky #1 and playing through #9. Then play Fear #7 down the hill. Then jump over to Hawk #11 and finish the rest of Hawk. That's 18 holes; no cliffs, no rocks, not too many hills...........Half of the tees on Porky are swept clear, same on the Hawk. On others you may need to tee on the side as the snow melts and refreezes. See you Sunday.Seahawks game will be televised in the Big House @ 1:30

Comment

Four Mound is like Minnesota right now; Land of 10,000 Lakes. It reminds me of when we did St. Patty's last year; play the lie or move it and take the stroke. ...There are still areas of soft snow up to 6" deep. We'll be open on Sunday for those who don't mind soggy feet. So Sochi.

Comment

There's no more snow and not much puddling. If there's not much rain over the next few days the track should be pretty fast for the St' Pat's on Sunday, 3/16.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X