X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hardest of The Three 18 Holes.

So since I've played every course out at four mounds at least twice now (everything but Jumanji 3 or more), it's time to start a hardest course thread.

In my humble opinion I'd believe it'd be Cape Fear. For some reason I can start out throwing par on every hole till I get to 9. Then all of a sudden 4's become a bad habit. I think my best is 7 over. I was glad to take it.

Porcupine's signature hole I think is the hardest overall hole on the course. Anybody care to chime in?
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
    So since I've played every course out at four mounds at least twice now (everything but Jumanji 3 or more), it's time to start a hardest course thread.

In my humble opinion I'd believe it'd be Cape Fear. For some reason I can start out throwing par on every hole till I get to 9. Then all of a sudden 4's become a bad habit. I think my best is 7 over. I was glad to take it.

Porcupine's signature hole I think is the hardest overall hole on the course. Anybody care to chime in?
    Thats funny. I have truoble parring any of the first 5. Then I pooch #7 & 8 and hope for a four on 9. 10 eludes me. Can't reach 11. But I can parr out from 12 and maybe catch a deuce on 18. Generally there are problems everywhere, due mainly to the distance. There are so few deuce opps. G.

Comment

cape fear is definately the hardest of the three but also the worst designed ( being that there is little to no variation from one hole to the next)
      porcupine in my oppinion is by far the best course with a wide variety of shots and distances
      the green course used to be a good course but some holes were made longer with out any thought other than making it harder but really only made it harder for people that can't throw far.
      All in all its a fun course to practice and improve your game but not a good tourny course by any means.

Comment

Hardest

Cape Fear is definitly the hardest because it has the most rocks.

Comment

I actually think Porcupine is a little bit tougher overall, mostly because of the fact 4 of the last 6 holes are doozies with some others before them that will sure make you think. My best on Cape Fear is +4 and my best on Porcupine is +5 - it doesn't help my arguement that I think I have only played Porcupine twice.

Comment

New deuce op on Fear

Hole #12 on Cape Fear has been changed: Now after you putt out on #11 you head due west (left) to the new tee box. It's the tee for what was originally the shorter Hawk hole, a pretty easy hyzer par or deuce or thumber deuce. The hole is no longer part of Hawk but is in the Jumanji layout. It is now formally Fear #12. After you putt out you go due west (left) and pick up again with original Fear #13. I think it gives Fear a little more variation and the move eliminates the old confusion between HAWK #8 and FEAR#12 which were tooo close together. Hope you like the change. Gordy.

Comment

If you throw 500 feet than red is easier than blue but if you only throw 450 than blue is easier if your a good golfer. I only need 3 discs to play red(c.fear). It is much more monotonous than blue and is more of a chore to play than the others.. Anyone that's played DBD or hole 13 and 14 at high bridge can tell that I love challenging holes ( I designed). Red is just boring except for holes 6,7,9,14 and 16 Which I love. 2 could be good with an actual green and one tree that's growing up quick in the middle of the fairway. 4 would be good if the green was loosened up. 5is poke and hopeish. 8 is forgetable but you don't want to forget your birdie. 10 needs a concrete tee like no other, teeing uphill on loose carpet is like putting bags on your feet to go play on the ice. There are alot of hole out there that would be WAY easier if the teeing surface was more adequate. If hole 3 had 10 extra feet behind it I would rip a 360 off of that sucker!! Would make it much cooler. Hole 14 needs a tree cut right on the hyzer line to the basket. It is 15 foot high and blocks the only (really tough) hyzer line on this hole. Unless routless holes are the new cool thing. Speaking of 17 needs an actual fairway. Although I did throw a 360 on this hole an chained out on an ACE at LCO! 18 would be better if it wasn't for the spindly bush off the tee and if 1 tree was removed to make for the cahnce of a really sweet ace instead of a really lucky one. my .02
              Relax and enjoy your hair
              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Jumanji#3; AKA Cape Fear #4

AKA Picabu St.and the Halfway House; AKA 'The Noose Hole'.......I did a little work on this hole today. I took out about 5 trees that lie right up the middle and removed a few more branches along the way. I also paced it off because I never trusted the original 450' measurement. So the hole lets a good fairway drive have leveler and more direct chip shot. It gives the fairway players a better chance to keep up with the mighty righty hyzers. On the flipside, it's about 70' longer than before. I ask you; does that mean the hole is harder or easier?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
                  AKA Picabu St.and the Halfway House; AKA 'The Noose Hole'.......I did a little work on this hole today. I took out about 5 trees that lie right up the middle and removed a few more branches along the way. I also paced it off because I never trusted the original 450' measurement. So the hole lets a good fairway drive have leveler and more direct chip shot. It gives the fairway players a better chance to keep up with the mighty righty hyzers. On the flipside, it's about 70' longer than before. I ask you; does that mean the hole is harder or easier?
                  I think some tests are in order.
                  "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                  Cleveland Brown

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X