Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the purposes of simplicity its a par 3.

If you want to call it by its actual difficulty, then it and Cape Fear #4 are the only par 4's out at Four Mound.
    We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

What is the length of Porcupine 15? And what is the length of Cape Fear #4?
      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

450ish and 570ish, respectively, would be my guess.
        We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Hey G, any thoughts on getting together a work crew this fall? And are you open tomorrow? Thanks!

Comment

OOPS!

Originally posted by ChEddy View Post
            Hey G, any thoughts on getting together a work crew this fall? And are you open tomorrow? Thanks!
            I will be open in about an hour or so. I did a post on Thur but neglected to post it. Sorry about that. The rain has made it real nice

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
              450ish and 570ish, respectively, would be my guess.
              Porky #14; 445' Fear #9 535' but plays like Greenland on a Mercator projection. I reccomend the polar route.

Comment

Fear #4

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
                Porky #14; 445' Fear #9 535' but plays like Greenland on a Mercator projection. I reccomend the polar route.
                Hole #4 on Cape Fear is called Picabu Street cause you can just barely get a peek at it from the t-box. The monster tree just to the right of the line of play is called the Half-way House because you may have to spend some time there for 'rehabilitation'. The hole is also called the 'noose' hole because after you play it you may need one. The hole tapes out at 450' but has not been re-verified in a long time. If someone wants to re-measure it thats fine with me.

Comment

Tee-Off

Tee-off times will be available on all three course starting just after 10:00 am Sunday the 25th. I apoligize for not remembering everyone's names so please dont be hesitant to re-introduce yourselves. Its been a great year meeting all you newcomers.

Comment

The funny thing about that Cape #4 is that the three times I've played it I've thrown par.

As for Porcupine's signature hole, I'm happy if I walk away with a 4. Played it twice. Both times I've got a four barely.

Shooting birds on it would be epic!!!
                    Cleveland Brown

Comment

Nov. 1st

Bob will be your host this Sunday, Nov. 1st . He will have the gate open @ 11:30 am. Ya'll be good and have a great time! Gordy

Comment

Four Mound open Nov. 1

I'll be out at Four Mound around 11:30 am on Sunday.

Hope you can make it, Bob
                        Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Hey Gordy are you gonna be open this Sunday? I've got a few people that have never been out to your wonderland of discgolf amusement and frustration.
                          Cleveland Brown

Comment

Come on Gordy! I've been doing that open 4 mounds dance. Now hopefully I've perfected it and you open up on Sunday even though it's only supposed to be 42 degrees for the high. I guess I'll just have to bring a flask of Jagermeister and keep myself warm that way.
                            Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                              Come on Gordy! I've been doing that open 4 mounds dance. Now hopefully I've perfected it and you open up on Sunday even though it's only supposed to be 42 degrees for the high. I guess I'll just have to bring a flask of Jagermeister and keep myself warm that way.
                              Yes, at 10:00am on Sunday the 8th you may arrive. PS. Porky #15 is probably the most complex hole at the reserve; short on the right is deep dense rough. Midway on the left is deepdense rough. 2nd shots, even if in the clear, are on sloped terrain throwing diagonally upward. From up on top chipping in may not be a given. Good putt attempts can roll away. 4 is good.

Comment

Originally posted by ChEddy View Post
                                This coming Sunday, the 15th, we'll be open @10 am. Theres some new tractor work on Porky #s 4,5 &6. If anyone is interested in moving some loosened rock to clear the fairways or make borders I'll waive their car fee. Such a deal! The look of the hole by spring time will be much enhanced and very mowable. Right now its just WTF muddy. We'll have a nice fire goin to warm ya up. Gordy.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X