Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gordy #21004
    replied
    Nov. 1st

Bob will be your host this Sunday, Nov. 1st . He will have the gate open @ 11:30 am. Ya'll be good and have a great time! Gordy

Leave a comment:

• General Scales
    replied
    The funny thing about that Cape #4 is that the three times I've played it I've thrown par.

As for Porcupine's signature hole, I'm happy if I walk away with a 4. Played it twice. Both times I've got a four barely.

Shooting birds on it would be epic!!!

Leave a comment:

• Gordy #21004
    replied
    Tee-Off

Tee-off times will be available on all three course starting just after 10:00 am Sunday the 25th. I apoligize for not remembering everyone's names so please dont be hesitant to re-introduce yourselves. Its been a great year meeting all you newcomers.

Leave a comment:

• Gordy #21004
    replied
    Fear #4

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
    Porky #14; 445' Fear #9 535' but plays like Greenland on a Mercator projection. I reccomend the polar route.
    Hole #4 on Cape Fear is called Picabu Street cause you can just barely get a peek at it from the t-box. The monster tree just to the right of the line of play is called the Half-way House because you may have to spend some time there for 'rehabilitation'. The hole is also called the 'noose' hole because after you play it you may need one. The hole tapes out at 450' but has not been re-verified in a long time. If someone wants to re-measure it thats fine with me.

Leave a comment:

• Gordy #21004
    replied
    Originally posted by Parks View Post
    450ish and 570ish, respectively, would be my guess.
    Porky #14; 445' Fear #9 535' but plays like Greenland on a Mercator projection. I reccomend the polar route.

Leave a comment:

• Gordy #21004
    replied
    OOPS!

Originally posted by ChEddy View Post
    Hey G, any thoughts on getting together a work crew this fall? And are you open tomorrow? Thanks!
    I will be open in about an hour or so. I did a post on Thur but neglected to post it. Sorry about that. The rain has made it real nice

Leave a comment:

• ChEddy
    replied
    Hey G, any thoughts on getting together a work crew this fall? And are you open tomorrow? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Parks
    replied
    450ish and 570ish, respectively, would be my guess.

Leave a comment:

• General Scales
    replied
    What is the length of Porcupine 15? And what is the length of Cape Fear #4?

Leave a comment:

• Parks
    replied
    For the purposes of simplicity its a par 3.

If you want to call it by its actual difficulty, then it and Cape Fear #4 are the only par 4's out at Four Mound.

Leave a comment:

• General Scales
    replied
    Yeah thats the hole. Threw a beautiful drive on it too. SS Avenger thrown hard and flat. Turned perfectly. Forgot to ask. Is it a par 4 or 3?

Leave a comment:

• Parks
    replied
    #15. Its the long one that goes up the hill to the right, then another couple hundred feet to the pin across the top.

Leave a comment:

• Wobbly Bob
    replied
    Huh?

Which hole is the signature hole on Porcupine?

Bob

Leave a comment:

• General Scales
    replied
    So it was a pleasure getting to come out there on a Saturday. Loved the fact that we were two of maybe six people that came out. Never had to see or deal with anybody else.

Porcupine is now my favorite of all the courses out there. Was Cape Fear but now thats changed. The signature hole on Porcupine is just brutal. Makes me want to work on my side arm.

Thanks Gordy for a great time. My buddy Hefe says thanks for the beer. Next time I'll bring you one myself.

Leave a comment:

• Gordy #21004
    replied
    Let it warm up a Little

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
    Come on Gordy!!! Open the gates tomorrow!!!! I've been doing my open four mounds on Saturday dance. Hopefully it worked?
    The brutal cold will slow me down tomorrow am so think 10:30 gate opening.There are a number of things I'm puttzin around with so come on out. G. On Sunday I'll shoot for 10:00 am. Dress warm.

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X