X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
    No waiting, I just went out and hung around with Gordy. Helped tidy up a little bit and just enjoyed the day. Looked at a few changes to Jumanji for the LCO.

Unlike last year the the Porcupine 13 will be much more of a challenge for the Intermediate players. They will be playing on part of the Final 10 Pro Course.
    Interesting, and I already had problems getting a decent score out there
    One generation plants the trees while another gets the shade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
      No waiting, I just went out and hung around with Gordy. Helped tidy up a little bit and just enjoyed the day. Looked at a few changes to Jumanji for the LCO.

Unlike last year the the Porcupine 13 will be much more of a challenge for the Intermediate players. They will be playing on part of the Final 10 Pro Course.

As an AM2 player, this is great news for me. The only drawback to last year's event was the huge backups that we had, and if there are extra holes to better spread the players out, then that should go a long way in correcting the problem.

PS- I was just wondering why some people think that Porcupine is the easier of the courses? I think that Hawk is easier by a fair margin, and I personally would rather play Cape Fear than to take on that spiky bastard again. Love 'em all though, and as they say: the checks in the mail Bob!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Johnson View Post

As an AM2 player, this is great news for me. The only drawback to last year's event was the huge backups that we had, and if there are extra holes to better spread the players out, then that should go a long way in correcting the problem.

PS- I was just wondering why some people think that Porcupine is the easier of the courses? I think that Hawk is easier by a fair margin, and I personally would rather play Cape Fear than to take on that spiky bastard again. Love 'em all though, and as they say: the checks in the mail Bob!
        Whoever said Porcupine was easier than the Hawk hasn't played the courses or did really bad on Hawk and really good on the Porcupine.

In defense of the Hawk I have seen it become more challenging every year. Holes #1, #2, #11 #13, #14 have all been changed over the years and the course is better for it.
        Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

• He is Risen

Its only 10:00 now and I'm up already. We're having a big breakfast and Mimosas. We're bringing fixins for lunch and plan to have the gate open by noon. It looks like a beautiful day so far so come on up and check it out. $5/car. Pack it in , pack it out. Gor.

Comment

• Hi Gordy,
            Made it out yesterday with a couple friends for the first time. I am in love. hahaha...

Anyways, we attempted to navigate I believe Hawk (the "easy" course) but lost our way on hole 11 or 12 (one of the long boys running along the ridge and underneath the huge powerlines). I was wondering... is there a course map available or even GPS coordinates of the courses that I could get a hold of? I can't wait to come out and play again soon but we could definitely benefit from a map (or tour guide ).

Thanks for making such an amazing DG wonderland!!
            Last edited by Simmeltron; April 26th, 2011, 11:35 AM.
            -

Comment

• Hey Gordy- are you going to be open this weekend? Also, I saw on another thread that the AM2 group is going to be playing on part of the pro final nine course. Do you know what the final layout will be? Super excited to get to play some new holes, and I definitely think that it will help with the flow of things.

Comment

• First of all to give a response to the previous post, not Sean.

Originally posted by Sean Johnson View Post
                Hey Gordy- are you going to be open this weekend? Also, I saw on another thread that the AM2 group is going to be playing on part of the pro final nine course. Do you know what the final layout will be? Super excited to get to play some new holes, and I definitely think that it will help with the flow of things.
                Right now the signage for the Hawk and the Porcupine are being removed so I can dedicate signage to the Jumangi course for the LCO. Specific signage is also underway to mark the Porcupine '13'. The Final '10' will also be another layout, generally along the Porcupine route.....Some GPS work is presently underway to create a map to provide guidance for the LCO players.... In the meantime, if you want to play Hawk, or Porcupine, or Fear,you will need a guide.I recommend you play Jumanji right now.........Sean, I will be open this Sat. and Sunday even if I have to have someone cover for me. The Porcupine '13' will include the long hole #1, the Final '10' #2 (without the special conditions) and then thru #8 and then #13, #14 #15, #16, #17, and #18. This sequence of holes will take about the same amount of time as it will take 135 of the other players to complete the 27 hole Jumanji....For the Final '10' there will be variations and improvements. You guys have asked these questions and there is much more information regarding the LCO pending ....We're about 25% full with 4 weeks to go. The 'O' in LCO stands for 'open' so first come, first served. Thanks for asking. Gordy

Comment

• What time will the gates be open? I was hoping to get time in on porcipine, but I'm always happy to play any course out there. Of course, I've got some white dog whisky to bribe anyone who wants to guide for me

Comment

• Got to go to Home Depot

Originally posted by Sean Johnson View Post
                    What time will the gates be open? I was hoping to get time in on porcipine, but I'm always happy to play any course out there. Of course, I've got some white dog whisky to bribe anyone who wants to guide for me
                    Sean, Shooting for 10:00. Got to pick up an air compressor to keep all the tires pumped up.

Comment

• Open this weekend? I've got to get some Jumanji practice in.
                      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                      Cleveland Brown

Comment

• Hey, General.

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                        Open this weekend? I've got to get some Jumanji practice in.
                        On Sat. please go to the CPO (Corbin Park Open). As for Sunday, I'm still finding out what we're doing for Mom's Day. We will be open on Sunday, though. I'll post a specific time as the morning approaches.......The LCO courses are all laid out including the Final '10'. # 8 on the Final '10' is a very long hole where the green is directly behind the House Mound. This year the fairway for #8 will only be 60' wide at it's maximum and may tend to give the top pros second thoughts . The next hole, #9, from atop the House Mound, will have an 80' wide lake just to the left of the pin, so big righties beware. There is now also a guided path down from the tee up there which will be helpful to most (it won't be easy for Stimp to get his cart up or down the House Mound, but perhaps his caddy could just roll it around the nice Gallery Path at its' base.) Gordo

Comment

• Escalator maybe?

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
                          On Sat. please go to the CPO (Corbin Park Open). As for Sunday, I'm still finding out what we're doing for Mom's Day. We will be open on Sunday, though. I'll post a specific time as the morning approaches.......The LCO courses are all laid out including the Final '10'. # 8 on the Final '10' is a very long hole where the green is directly behind the House Mound. This year the fairway for #8 will only be 60' wide at it's maximum and may tend to give the top pros second thoughts . The next hole, #9, from atop the House Mound, will have an 80' wide lake just to the left of the pin, so big righties beware. There is now also a guided path down from the tee up there which will be helpful to most (it won't be easy for Stimp to get his cart up or down the House Mound, but perhaps his caddy could just roll it around the nice Gallery Path at its' base.) Gordo
                          Which caddy would that be? Better keep working on those cart paths.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stimpi View Post
                            Which caddy would that be? Better keep working on those cart paths.
                            you would be better off stimpi if you brought a lama so your caddy could give you a lift down the house mound .

Comment

• Llama

Originally posted by psychodwarf View Post
                              you would be better off stimpi if you brought a lama so your caddy could give you a lift down the house mound .
                              That's gotta be one of your better ideas, Joe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stimpi View Post
                                That's gotta be one of your better ideas, Joe.
                                you mean to tell me stimpi that I have bad ideas ? hmmm. i never new ...lol

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X