X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FWWDGC Wildlife

Just wanted to highlight some of the wildlife we encounter on our course.

This guy (or gal) was just sitting in the grass next to Blue 15's tee.

These two have been hanging around the course for several days now. If you know our course this is kinda out of the ordinary seeing as how it is located in the middle of town. This is next to Blue 1's basket

Comment

Walla Walla is a wild palce... Wasn't a cougar spotted in College place not to long ago?
      Throw What You Know.
      "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
      PDGA# 45989

Comment

Seeing wildlife on the course is awesome, and is one of the major factors that got me into disc golf.

Last night I saw a red headed sapsucker (woodpecker) while we were putting on 8 @ Tuesday Twos. Although not particularly rare, this is among the most uncommon member of the woodpecker family that we get in our area. I've only seen one once before, also at Orchard park. For some reason, my partner wasn't overly impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
          Walla Walla is a wild palce... Wasn't a cougar spotted in College place not to long ago?
          Yep. It was actually spotted near the clocktower on Whitman Campus here in WW, which is 4 blocks from my house

Comment

Those pictures are very cool.

Get any gators?

Comment

That owl looks like he just had a tasty meal.

I'm wondering why it let you get so close without flying off, though.
              We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post

It was really young, like it had just started flying. We were worried that it was sick or something, but when we went back by that spot and hour later it was gone so we were hoping it was alright. I took that pic with my phone from 6" away.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun View Post
                  Those pictures are very cool.

Get any gators?
                  Gaitors? Yeah I got a pair, didn't think it'd make a very good pic though

Comment

A friend and fellow golfer in Eugene works with owls - I'll see if he can identify the little scamp - I'm thinking it could be a young barred owl...

Originally posted by maccallum View Post
                    Just wanted to highlight some of the wildlife we encounter on our course.

This guy (or gal) was just sitting in the grass next to Blue 15's tee.

Comment

Barred Owls (if that's what it is...) aren't very afraid of humans.

Same with spotted owls, they just happen to live in places that are more remote than golf courses.

This Barred Owl sat in a tree at Lake Fenwick for an hour while I and a few other groups threw around it without caring much at all:

Originally posted by Parks View Post

Comment

Originally posted by maccallum View Post
                        These two have been hanging around the course for several days now. If you know our course this is kinda out of the ordinary seeing as how it is located in the middle of town. This is next to Blue 1's basket

That is pretty sweet unless you are tying to play. But still cool every time I have played the course I can only confirm squirrels and mosquitoes.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X