X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tee pads

hello everyone !! I and some SDGA club members(and some not) have built and leveled out a PROTOTYPE tee pad on hole #17 the folow thru pad that is there now will be replaced with paver bricks ..please put all comments here as i would like to make ALL of the tee pads look as good and level as that one .. B.T.W It only took a crew of 4 5hrs to put that in and cover it with gravel so WE all have a safe place to throw from ..

thanks
    Joe Barnett
    volunteer groundskeeper/caretaker/membership whip

are the teepads modeled after the new cherry hill pads? except for being about 2 feet to short, I think there great. perhaps stuart and I will head down there to check it out.
    Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up to the roof and gets stuck - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Big Red View Post
      except for being about 2 feet to short, I think there great.
      If you are referring to the Cherry Hill pads being too short that is exactly why I throw with, and am most comfortable with, a 3 step run-up almost exclusively. I can throw off of any teepad with comfort. As for the players who insist on having an acre to throw, well, it seems as if there are no teepads big enough to suit them. Just having a little fun with ya Big Red

I am curious to see the new teepad on DR#17. Sounds like what I used to throw from at Bengal Ridge in Pocatello. Maybe I will actually get caught up enough on my homework to go play this weekend, we'll see.

Comment

Prototype

The overall frame is 12' long with a space for the tee pad about 9 1/2' and about 22" for either pavers or an additional piece of pad for the follow-thru up front. Separating these two sections is a piece of 4x6 on the flat to absorb the brunt of the follow thru. The overall frame is meant to be flush with grade. The pad and follow thru area are also meant to be flush with the frame; not over it. If the front of this built up area needs to be retained (like hole #2) we will do so. We will also sculpt out the area behind the tee to provide a walk-up and smooth transition onto the tee surface. We intend to have this tee in finished condition by the Cup.

Comment

I will come check it out today.

Comment

Do we need to pick up pavers for the front of the box?
            Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
              Do we need to pick up pavers for the front of the box?
              no gordy is gonna go finish it ..ask him what he wants

Comment

I like 17's pad now. No more downhill orientation on the pad means no more worries about twisting my ankle.
                "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                Cleveland Brown

Comment

Check it out

# 17 is looking mighty fine. Check it out if you haven't already. Way to slay it, Team Joe

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X