X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improvements on DownRiver golf course

I would like to thank d.vansot and zach,corey,steve,ryan,josh,brandon,chuck the SDGA and Action Materail for the gravel and bark for the course.. More work will be ongoing so if any would like to help out i have rakes,shovels wheelbarrow when i am down there working and any help would be greatfull.

again i would like to say thank you to those that have helped ..

joe p barnett

SDGA membership whip

Props to everybody who put in work on this! I'd love to get in on the next work party if at all possible.. just let me know next time you're going to be down there working.
    SDGA PR Guy.... bringing the Public to the Relations... or the Relations to the Public?

Comment

I'd love to get a round in with you peeps sometime here soon. Unemployment means unlimited availability! (Okay, so I'm putting a positive spin on it)
      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
        Unemployment means unlimited availability! (Okay, so I'm putting a positive spin on it)
        Sorry for the thread drift - So Stu, does that mean that you won't be able to have extra sleeves made for the NIDGC? I also don't foresee getting my beer payment anytime soon either huh?

Comment

Course looks the best it ever has, good job Joe and volunteers...

Comment

thank you golfers

I would like to say a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to all the people who had lent their time and energy to the improvements to DOWNRIVER.. Eric Brown,Ryne,Matt & Benny(2 brand new players to disc golf)tyler (erics son)Josh,Brandon & Chuck,Steve, Darren & Zach V,Kimmer & Ron,Raymond,and Mike ..Without thier help I would STILL be down there working hard to make it less muddy and a great place to play.. So THANK YOU GUYS VERY MUCH THE COURSE LOOKS GREAT NOW ..

Comment

HELLO ALL I did say there was more work coming .. well here it is ,the Parks Dept called me and wants to go and do some tree trimming at downriver this thursday and friday .they would like our help in moving all that they trim and take down to area where they can bring in thier chipper and chip away..

Comment

Let me know when and I will be down there helping.

Comment

Pick Up Sticks Work Crew

Saturday morning at 9:00am

Downriver DGC

Bring Donuts to Share

Thursday and Friday the Urban Forestry Dept. will be cutting dead trees, thinning out the pecker poles and generally making the Urban Forest at Downriver healthier. On Monday and Tuesday they will be coming back to chip all that they have cut. They have asked the SDGA to gather the cuttings into one location for them over the weekend. We get to keep all the wood chips to use at the course.

Please come out and help us.
                  Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

I heard a bunch of stuff got cleared out. Any pictures yet?
                    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                    Cleveland Brown

Comment

Joe

The work that Urban Forestry performed off the side of #14 is truly transformational. I think there will be far fewer 11s thrown on the hole from now on. Thanks for gathering the players that helped and representing the Club.

Comment

Ouch!

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
                        The work that Urban Forestry performed off the side of #14 is truly transformational. I think there will be far fewer 11s thrown on the hole from now on. Thanks for gathering the players that helped and representing the Club.
                        Well, that's a relief!! Can't wait to see it :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                          Pick Up Sticks Work Crew

Saturday morning at 9:00am

Downriver DGC

Bring Donuts to Share

Thursday and Friday the Urban Forestry Dept. will be cutting dead trees, thinning out the pecker poles and generally making the Urban Forest at Downriver healthier. On Monday and Tuesday they will be coming back to chip all that they have cut. They have asked the SDGA to gather the cuttings into one location for them over the weekend. We get to keep all the wood chips to use at the course.

Please come out and help us.
                          Joe is asking for helpers for chipping all the cut trees at Downriver. The Urban Forestry Dept. will be chipping at Downriver Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this week and Monday and Tuesday of next week. Show up at 9:00 am or after and help get this project finished.
                          Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

work party

there will be a work party Thursday at 930 working on tee boxes tools needed wheel-borrows shovels levels please come help

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X