X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gravel

Big thanks to Joe and crew for spreading gravel over the muddy spots at downriver and making some paths. Good job guys

and chips

If any of you out there in the tree trimming business can talk your boss into some cheap or free wood chips for DR and/or HB the Club would greatly appreciate a hot lead for this material. Joe intends to have chips spread over the gravel around the greens to make them play a little softer.

Comment

Soft

The Club has ordered 18 yards of ground bark to put around the baskets. This will help the greens absorb spring rain and soften the basket positions a great deal. With the gravel underneath the current muddy conditions should stiffen up a bit and when things dry out it wont be so dusty. It takes a lot of material to upgrade an entire golf course so please be patient with Joe's effort to acquire and distribute these two firms of new ground cover. Please call him and ask him when he will have his crew on hand to do the work so you can pitch in..... ... All these little upgrades will make for one fine Downriver Open this April and provide the playing public with enjoyment for the rest of this year and those to come..... Join the SDGA and help keep it all happening. Thanks, Gordy

Comment

I went out to Downriver for a solo casual round on Sunday while my wife was doing some other stuff. I don't get out there often and don't think I've been there since sometime last summer but I have got to say that I have never seen that course looking so nice. I am impressed with everyone who has helped out there. The cleaning of debris, making walking paths more obvious, new gravel, tee signs and benches, etc it all looks nice. I liked some of the small changes that I saw as well most notably hole hole 14's tee pad moving back is a nice touch. I only made it through 14 holes before I had to leave but I left utterly impressed with the amount and quality of work that had been done out there. Nice work SDGA volunteers.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
          I went out to Downriver for a solo casual round on Sunday while my wife was doing some other stuff. I don't get out there often and don't think I've been there since sometime last summer but I have got to say that I have never seen that course looking so nice. I am impressed with everyone who has helped out there. The cleaning of debris, making walking paths more obvious, new gravel, tee signs and benches, etc it all looks nice. I liked some of the small changes that I saw as well most notably hole hole 14's tee pad moving back is a nice touch. I only made it through 14 holes before I had to leave but I left utterly impressed with the amount and quality of work that had been done out there. Nice work SDGA volunteers.
          as the groundskeeper (not a paid job ) i thank you Scott W .My crew and i have been busting butt to get a lot done before DRO so we are glad you like it

Comment

needing helpers ..

i have had a truck load of gravel AND a truckload of bark sent to downriver and will be spreading it around this week if anyone would like to help that would be great .. just need a shovel and a rake .. thank you

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X