X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slash Piles

So since before the LCO there has been 3 huge slash piles at downriver by hole 6. Honestly its only gonna take one cigarette butt to set the whole course on fire! I like how we can "CLEAN" up the course but leave the mess behind..I wonder how long it will take to get some punk kids to set one of those on fire and there goes our course...

I believe there is a particular board member who is wholly responsible for those...

...nuff said.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by Burge View Post
      I believe there is a particular board member who is wholly responsible for those...

...nuff said.
      Agreed!

Comment

then spread the chips around the baskets known for mud during spring/ winter...
        Last edited by Tek Zeus; September 28th, 2011, 12:20 AM.
        It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.sigpicJohn Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by Tek Zeus View Post

then spread the chips around the baskets known for mud during spring/ winter...
          i have been tring to get the board to do just that . but it seems THAT is not important enough to spend the clubs money on ....

Comment

...or we all could go down there and have a stick chuckin' contest
            "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by Burge View Post
              ...or we all could go down there and have a stick chuckin' contest
              i wanna play !!!!

Comment

We have to do something about this before we loose our course and im sure if downriver burnt down the city will take high bridge from us!

Comment

ORGANIC.. i have been talking to the board members and i am trying to get a chipper down there so we can do 2 things while there ..1.clean up brush piles ..2. spread the chips on some of the fairways. but some of the board members do not think is worth the 185.00 dollars to rent a chipper for 8 hrs .... that is the problem that we have now .. so keep posting maybe someone will listen ..(i hope).. i still wanna do a stick chucking contest ...

Comment

piles undone

On Sat last weekend I went down and broke two piles of sticks and logs down. I rearranged them as path borders. The work can still stand to be finished; I only put in about an hour till I was pooted out.
                    If we want bark we can just order some up. It will have a lot more value as cover than the de-composed sticks and we'd get about 10 times the volume for the money we'd spend on a chipper to make splinters ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
                      On Sat last weekend I went down and broke two piles of sticks and logs down. I rearranged them as path borders. The work can still stand to be finished; I only put in about an hour till I was pooted out.
                      If we want bark we can just order some up. It will have a lot more value as cover than the de-composed sticks and we'd get about 10 times the volume for the money we'd spend on a chipper to make splinters ourselves.
                      Good thought Gordy... I had initially loved the idea of chipping it all but if, as you say, we could get that much more bark for the price then why not? Oh yea, the $$$ and approval.
                      -

Comment

We can get bark for both HB and DR. Rakes and wheelbarrows. It would be a nice warm-up for the heavy lifting later at Highbridge.

Comment

More sticks

There is a motion before the Board to rent a chipper to do clean-up of slash at DR. Some of you may have noticed some additional stick piles around the course in the last few weeks. We'd actually like to stage as many sticks for chipping as we can to take better advantage of the time the chipper will be on site. The objectives are; general clean-up, tee area and greens improvement, and the clincher; fire risk reduction.
                          There is no timetable for this yet, but Bob has said that he is willing to direct a crew. There's a lot going on right now with the new Sekani project in view, but I agree that this one would be a good one to knock out before the freeze. ps. Joe has four new trash cans to replace some of the old ones.-------get yer schticks together! Thanks, Gordy.

Comment

Sorry

Sorry there's been no action on the above post. The Board and the Membership have both met since the last post. Nobody brought the issue up so I guess there's not a lit of interest in doing this work at this time. Maybe another time? Gordy

Comment

are you the one who made the piles? you couldn't bring it up?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X