X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilac City Open Hole #1

During the Lilac City Open, hole #1 at Downriver was moved back about 40 feet and a little to the right of where it was.

This poll is to find out what our local players thought about the temporary pin position.
    It was a great position.
    75.00%
    It was an okay position.
    18.75%
    It was a poor location.
    0.00%
    It was a terrible position.
    0.00%
    I don't care either way.
    6.25%

The poll is expired.

Fly free and straight to the pin!

Yeah! Keep it! It should stay that way for a multitude of reasons that have been expressed on numerous threads in numerous ways, ad infinitum.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

I think that this is a much better hole than the old placement. It's safer, more difficult, and simply more fun. Plus, there is definitely an ace run just waiting to happen there.

Comment

I did like the new longer position on hole 1 as well. I like the fact that there are 2 sleeves there which allow the hole to be changed up a bit on occasion which is always nice. If I had to pick just one position I would go with the newer longer one but prefer the idea of using both.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
          I did like the new longer position on hole 1 as well. I like the fact that there are 2 sleeves there which allow the hole to be changed up a bit on occasion which is always nice. If I had to pick just one position I would go with the newer longer one but prefer the idea of using both.
          there are THREE pin placements on hole #1 there is a shorter one same as the longer but to the right ..

Comment

I fully support the #1 changes. Adds difficulty without changing it up too much. The changes to #6 were a totally different story... All I can say is I'm glad the old is back.

Comment

I definitely like not getting bombed on by the big turnover from 11. I also like the fact that there is really only one clear route and it's straight down there. There is a sidearm hyzer and a HUGE backhand hyzer line at it. Definitely not the way I'd play the hole though. I'm going to say as well that I really did enjoy hole 6 for the tournament. Was not as bad as everyone made it out to seem. I had an easy time carding the 3 and if I'd putted better that day, it was an easy 2.
              "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
              Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by CityLightsBurn View Post
                All I can say is I'm glad the old is back.
                I concur...the old #6 (which is really the old #7) needs to remain. First time I ever hit a tree, during my very first round, was on old #7....good times.

Now, let's start playing the old #8 backwards....but from the tee at the top of the hill. Yeah...get out the big sky-hyzer for that! HOOOAAHH!
                "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Well everybody so far wants to keep the new change and yet it's back where it was.. I don't understand. Same with hole 11. 6 needs an ob line between 9.
                  Relax and enjoy your hair
                  TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                    ...yet it's back where it was.. I don't understand.
                    I share your bewilderment...

Comment

Number one is back in the original position because it was a temporary change for the tournament.

I wouldn't want anyone saying that I was redesigning the course with out club approval.

As for number eleven, someone disliked it enough to tear large holes in a $125 rubber mat. So it's back where it was.

As is six.
                      Last edited by Wobbly Bob; June 7th, 2011, 06:15 AM.
                      Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                        I wouldn't want anyone saying that I was redesigning the course with out club approval.
                        You know, Bob, there's really only one particular person that would go so far as to accuse you of such a heinous act -- and he doesn't even like to play DR...oh, that's right...he doesn't like to play DR because you're always out there changing it silly me....

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X