X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the LCO

For hole #1 there will be a temporary pin back in the gap toward the rocks which will make the hole a little longer and a little straighter but does not substantially alter the hole. The objective is to provide more spacing between play on #1 and #11. I do suspect the pad for #11 will be removed from the pavement or placed in the original pavement (rec, am) position. Jon and Bob are working that out.
    For hole #6 there has been a temporary pad staked out about 88' in front of the existing pad. Also the area behind the 6th pin has been cleared of dead and down sticks and duff. Several of the leaning trees have been returned to an up right posture in order to open up the playing surface. The pin is about 85' deeper than the current position in a flat grassy area. The high righty hyzer will probably still be the shot of choice from the tee.
    The other adjustments in the #7, #8,#9 area will include marking the 7th tee area as OB for shots in play on hole#8. For hole #8 and #9 the OB will be marked at the top of the slope and not at water's edge. The OB line will return to water's edge as you approach #9
    These modifications are for the event only. The Club is not obliged to employ any of these themes going forward. If any of these concepts presented for the LCO are met with favor from the locals you're welcome to them.

Comment

damn

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
      The other adjustments in the #7, #8,#9 area will include marking the 7th tee area as OB for shots in play on hole#8.
      NOOOOOOOOO.... not the tee for #8. That's where I always land!

Comment

So... You aren't playing Downriver... But a temporary downriver set-up?
        Are the TD's planning on changing everything back after the tourney?
        Seems a pretty vital question...
        When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
          Are the TD's planning on changing everything back after the tourney?
          Seems a pretty vital question...
          Seems hardly a viable, much less a vital, question. I believe Gordy clearly stated:

These modifications are for the event only.
          ....squeak...squeak...squeak...squeak...squeak...
          "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

putting an ob there isn't going to stop people from throwing on hole. Putting an ob by 6 WILL cause golfers to change their shot, AND will speed up play.
            Relax and enjoy your hair
            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Going to see the new changes at Downriver tomorro. Should be interesting.
              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Burge View Post
                Seems hardly a viable, much less a vital, question. I believe Gordy clearly stated:
                Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
                If any of these concepts presented for the LCO are met with favor from the locals you're welcome to them.
                This completely contradicts his earlier comment, making my question extremely valid. Gordy has a history of wording his statements such that they can be interpreted in multiple ways. His post was ambiguous at best and I see the writing on the wall. If these changes are not reverted back to their original positions, it will be a HUGE deal.
                Not a week later, not a month later, when the tournament is over.

If the changes are for the event only, then actually answering my question shouldn't be an issue.
                When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
                  This completely contradicts his earlier comment, making my question extremely valid. Gordy has a history of wording his statements such that they can be interpreted in multiple ways. His post was ambiguous at best and I see the writing on the wall. If these changes are not reverted back to their original positions, it will be a HUGE deal.
                  Not a week later, not a month later, when the tournament is over.

If the changes are for the event only, then actually answering my question shouldn't be an issue.
                  It would seem you have a history of complaining...especially when you say you aren't. Gordy's post is extremely clear and does answer your question. There is no contradiction between 'changes' and 'concepts' since one is a physical result and the other is an intangible idea. You're implying ambiguity where there is none. In your reality, you have already found Gordy guilty of leaving the changes in place before the event has even occurred. How about you wait until after the LCO to see if the changes are still in place? Then, if they are, please feel free to twist up yer panties and climb back on your high horse because I'm sure we will all feel safer with you back on the case of routing out the marauding band of rampant club members that is plaguing the course with unauthorized changes. Oh, the humanity!
                  Last edited by Burge; May 18th, 2011, 10:25 AM.
                  "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

That's the price you pay

Originally posted by Stimpi View Post
                    NOOOOOOOOO.... not the tee for #8. That's where I always land!
                    Since out at the Mound I always think of you and your cart when doing path enhancement(in a positive way)(I think that's how the word enhancement plays) the OB around the tee at DR #7 for the Tourney( where you usually cash BIG TIME) is just another way we force you to up your ante. And by the way thank you for adding cash to the LCO purse. Love, Gordy.....Thought of you and your gang of troubadours all through the full moon.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                      Going to see the new changes at Downriver tomorro. Should be interesting.
                      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

New 6 is bad at best. I saw 25 drives on this hole and the best shots kept landing 45 ft. from the pin. Drives that were better finished in the rough with no putt. Furthermore your average golfer (throws 250 feet) has no route to throw. I don't like replacing a classic hole with a poke and hope oddball shot next to a dangerous and thick hillside, I fell trying to retrieve my disc...... My suggestion is paint from the trash can tree, to the first little tree(about 55ft from can), to the second little tree(100ft further), to the last big tree (60ft). You can easily line it up from the trash can tree. The same hole, 6, a mando on the 2nd big tree from the original tee-pad on the left. Leftys could still throw a flex shot which they used to have to do when the course was originally layed out because of a tree that used to grow from the right side allthe way to the left side and blocked that gap.. Man that was an awesome tree, sure miss it. I remember my lefty and side arm friends throwing a sweet flex shot on that hole. Changing 1 into a lefty hole and making 2 a nasty ob lefty shot and making 6 a double weird route shot and you've effectively gotten rid of every righty hole on the course.
                        Nate Sexton if your reading this you might want to re think coming
                        TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Putting ob on 6 and 9 makes me change my drive on 9 which will keep people on 6 safe. It will also raise the scores on a hole that used to be a much tougher 3 because drivers didn't go as far so easy and stay that stable. Now it becomes a tough and fair "tough par 3".
                          With a mando on 6 there is no way that anyone throwing on 6 is going to have to worry about 9 or vice versa.
                          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

The island idea around hole 7 will not change my shot one bit and anyone on tee of 7 is still in danger of getting hit . In my opinion it's not a good ob idea because its goofy, life the lake of trees on 2. Which at least serves a purpose. This ob will only slow play as people are going to be trying to figure where they went o.b. On a hole that already backs up, doesn't seem like a good idea.
                            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X