X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• erosion issues at work

i am currently at work on the hill side of hole #4 there is right now at this time a bigger landing spot UNDER the basket and when i get done you should not have to worry about your disc rolling down the hillside all the way.

Originally posted by psychodwarf View Post
    i am currently at work on the hill side of hole #4 there is right now at this time a bigger landing spot UNDER the basket and when i get done you should not have to worry about your disc rolling down the hillside all the way.
    How far down are you going to place the retainer? I would recommend 20 feet. That way you still have to make a putt if you don't throw an accurate shot. Is hole 4 close while you work on it? Would make sense.
    Relax and enjoy your hair
    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
      How far down are you going to place the retainer? I would recommend 20 feet. That way you still have to make a putt if you don't throw an accurate shot. Is hole 4 close while you work on it? Would make sense.
      it would make sense but then i would not get good player input .. as for the retainer wall that will be a series of them going all the way down the hill this is the only safe way to save the hole and the hilside

Comment

Originally posted by psychodwarf View Post
        it would make sense but then i would not get good player input .. as for the retainer wall that will be a series of them going all the way down the hill this is the only safe way to save the hole and the hilside
        You would not get good player input? By good player input you are talking about what bad players wouldn't say good things because their putt only rolled 20 feet down the hill instead of all the way down
        TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

i could use some help with moving some dirt if anyone would care to help .

Comment

When?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Johnson View Post
              When?
              every day till LCO still need some more rebar stakes for keeping the logs in place ,, thanks everyone

Comment

IF anyone would like to help out on a work party at downriver i will be down at hole #4 for most of the day friday (6th) and all most all of sat(7th). working on getting some trails and erosion work done before the summer hits and it will be almost impossible to get things done .. thank you

Comment

Hole 4 ,6 & 8.

The putting area at #4 has been cleared out and the heavy materials for its improvement are stored at the base on the downhill side. We're looking to get some input and involvement from C Re before taking any further action, especially with regard to the high side of the fairway.
                  The branches have been removed from the river side of hole 8 and moved inland. A more substantial footing is needed there. The branches would be 'OK' if it were only trail maintenance but with the proximity to the green it only creates a hazard. There are some natural materials stored on the approach end of the green which may be suitable for a curb along the edge of the green.
                  I will be at the work party today to help with what Jon has to suggest and to help with setting up a temporary hole 6 for use in the LCO.:
                  Both Bob and Jon are taking a hard look at the hole 1-hole11 juxtaposition and there may be some movement there for the tournament as well.

Comment

An easy fix is to add an o.b. line between 6 and 9using the trees just to the left of the fairway of 6. When I am on the tee of 9 I throw my most stable boss 80% not worrying about hyzering into 6's fairway.. Adding ob would require players to actually control their drives. As far as 11 and 1 goes, I would putt in a new pin on hole 1 over by the rocks. I would have the pros play the long tee on on 11 and ams play the shorter tee on 11 because I think its safer to be able to see the shots coming in.
                    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
                      I will be at the work party today to help with what Jon has to suggest and to help with setting up a temporary hole 6 for use in the LCO.:

Just wondering what the problem with #6 is... seems we have problems all over the course but I have never heard complaints about #6.

What is the issue with this hole?
                      When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                        An easy fix is to add an o.b. line between 6 and 9using the trees just to the left of the fairway of 6. When I am on the tee of 9 I throw my most stable boss 80% not worrying about hyzering into 6's fairway.. Adding ob would require players to actually control their drives.
                        Not too many people can pull off a par there with a roc, most people try to throw a driver that distance... Won't this increase the number of discs going down the bank toward the river?

This suggests that we are making a change that will increase the erosion potential along a 100 yard length of the river. Greatly increasing our potential negative impact.

I still don't understand the up side though, maybe I am missing something.

Comment

The issue is not drives from the teepad, but rather, upshots that travel wide to the left and land at the #6 tee.
                          "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by Burge View Post
                            The issue is not drives from the teepad, but rather, upshots that travel wide to the left and land at the #6 tee.
                            So the club is moving the pad forward?
                            Keep it out of the firing line for both #4 and #9?
                            I can understand that.

We have a ton of area to extend #6 anyway.

You must admit though, we are watering down the course by changing one hole at a time without a plan.
                            I am not trying to complain, please do consider a master plan for DR though. We could all benefit from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Burge View Post
                              Yeah I know. If you put o.b. between the two holes you effectively change the holes. Also I would add a mando to the right of the tree on hole 6. Make it a must righty hyzer since that's pretty much the opposite on hole 2
                              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X