X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member for life or hole sponsor..

The biggest project thats been completed by any one member has to be Troy Farley spending 50 hours fixing High Bridge baskets damaged by vandals. He saved a broke club thousands of dollars. He should be a member for life. He should have a hole sponsored at High Bridge by the SDGA in his honor. We would haven't gotten those cages fixed in less than a year and he did it in 3-4 weeks.. That was a ton of work he squeezed around working full time+ Quite a few people already think this. Alot of Newbies don't actually know, which is why I'm saying it. what he has done.. Much respect Troy
    Relax and enjoy your hair
    TNT Yardworks.com

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
    The biggest project thats been completed by any one member has to be Troy Farley spending 50 hours fixing High Bridge baskets damaged by vandals. He saved a broke club thousands of dollars. He should be a member for life. He should have a hole sponsored at High Bridge by the SDGA in his honor. We would haven't gotten those cages fixed in less than a year and he did it in 3-4 weeks.. That was a ton of work he squeezed around working full time+ Quite a few people already think this. Alot of Newbies don't actually know, which is why I'm saying it. what he has done.. Much respect Troy
    Judging by the response I am guessing that most club members think they are entitled to the work that Troy put in.. Sure puts a bad taste in my mouth. $90 an hour for a metal worker times 50 hours is $4500 Anyone else donating that kind of loot to the club??
    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Judging by the response I am guessing that most club members think they are entitled to the work that Troy put in.. Sure puts a bad taste in my mouth. $90 an hour for a metal worker times 50 hours is $4500 Anyone else donating that kind of loot to the club??
      I have no idea who Troy is but I am very grateful that he did what he did. Really an amazing amount of charity. Kudos to you Troy!
      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

I wanna work metal.

$90 an hour for a metal worker times 50 hours is $4500 Anyone else donating that kind of loot to the club??
        If he's making that kind of money, we should just give him an honorary Doctorate.

Comment

I remember when the baskets got vandalized and the next thing I know the baskets are fixed. Troy just stepped up and took care of the course. For doing that the club and and non-club players were extremely grateful. I think that we could put up some type of acknowledgement on the Kiosk (as opposed to a tee sign) at High Bridge to thank Troy for what he did for the club and the players.

Making Troy a Member for Life for the 50 hours of work that he donated to the club and the game he loves would set a precedent that might be hard to follow. There are many club members who have donated more than 50 hours to the club and the game we love. Should we make them Members for Life too?
          Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Oh wow I hadn't heard about this but it is people like Troy that give me faith in humanity! Bravo and thanks!!
            -

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpi View Post
              If he's making that kind of money, we should just give him an honorary Doctorate.
              He makes no where near that but he had to have the use of some seriously heavy duty equipment to do what he did and he snagged a bunch of free materials that if we would have had to pay a shop to do what we had done thats what it would cost. He makes good money because he is highly skilled but his work is seasonal..
              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Isn't this a topic for Highbridge?

Vadar did this Cadillac repair work back in the good old days, maybe 2006 or so. He individually cut those reinforcement rings out of a single piece of steel and after re-truing the destroyed basket trays he welded the rings to the bottom side. The diagonal braces were the finishing touch. It dawned on the rest of us then: We are not worthy...... At the suggestion that we dub our course at Highbridge 'Farly Park' I believe his response was 'don't be ridiculous.' Maybe the suggestion is worth revisiting. We could make a sign and put it on the kiosk. ps. Troy also helps me from time to time with my implements which make it possible to keep the 4-mound driveway open in winter and the fairways mowed the rest of the year. All Hail Vadar.

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                  Making Troy a Member for Life for the 50 hours of work that he donated to the club and the game he loves would set a precedent that might be hard to follow. There are many club members who have donated more than 50 hours to the club and the game we love. Should we make them Members for Life too?
                  50 hours in the small amount of time while working full time was extremely impressive. Nobody has done $4500 worth of work for free that single handedly kept a course in the ground. Can't hail Vadar but beware the power of the Darkside
                  TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

I don't think anyone can deny the commitment that Farley has to disc golf in the area.
                    We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Let's see. Has anybody else spent the last 14 years putting courses in the ground, with his own money and time? Well, there's Gordy. Let's take a guess about how many hours, and how much of his own money, he has spent so we can play disc golf, here in Spokane. Let's add up Wobbly Bob's hours and see what we get.
                      Volunteerism isn't about recognition or paybacks or free stuff. It's about doing what you love so others can do it too. Not about personal gain.
                      Any of us who volunteer are important to the sport, and set a good example for others to follow, when they want to contribute their time and money, but pulling one or two out of the ranks for more than an honorable mention amounts to favoritism.

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpi View Post
                        Let's see. Has anybody else spent the last 14 years putting courses in the ground, with his own money and time? Well, there's Gordy. Let's take a guess about how many hours, and how much of his own money, he has spent so we can play disc golf, here in Spokane. Let's add up Wobbly Bob's hours and see what we get.
                        Volunteerism isn't about recognition or paybacks or free stuff. It's about doing what you love so others can do it too. Not about personal gain.
                        Any of us who volunteer are important to the sport, and set a good example for others to follow, when they want to contribute their time and money, but pulling one or two out of the ranks for more than an honorable mention amounts to favoritism.
                        I'm not Troy asking to be recognized here. I haven't even told him I was putting this up. I appreciate the above and beyond stuff that everybody that has contributed to our golfing experience here in Spokane has been apart of. Gordy and Bob are front and center in the club and in the community and most golfers know and appreciate what they have done and what they are doing for the club. When the time comes I'm sure there will be a tee sign with their names on it.
                        With that being said all of Gordy's large donations like baskets for the club and teepads were all to my knowledge repaid by the club. The time that Bob and Gordy have given has been enormous. They are recognized for that. Troy isn't in my opinion and he kept the course in the ground when we could have lost the whole thing.. Remember that land grab course you designed? What do you would have happened if we were absent to that land for a year?
                        TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Justin Shrack wrote the grant for High Bridge Trail improvements ($4815) that was just accepted. That's a lot of materials. Let's see some volunteer action for this project. We only have one year to use this money, so let's get to it.
                          Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X