X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a big fan of the new layout...

i dont really understand why it has been changed in this way. i know that there are plans in the works and somethings still need to change. i wish that we could play the old 21 hole course again cuz that was course that i played on for the first time and i have been playing for 14 years now. the out of bounds on hole 2 and 17 is just rediculous. having it in the middle of the fairway of 2, its not really beginner friendly ya know.

You are not the first to make any of these points; nor will you be the last.
    If you think the current OB is bad you definitely haven't seen the proposed plans.
    I guess none of us really have...

The Board seems to have made a clear decision though.
    When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

The nice thing about OB is that if you think its too challenging, then you are always free to ignore it in casual rounds.

Regardless if you play OB or not, I would suggest always waiting for people to finish putting out on 17 before driving on 2, and waiting for people to clear 2's fairway before driving on 17 for both courtesy and safety.
      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

I have no problem with the OB. So long as it's understood that big arms are going to try that Hyzer right over 17. That's a little spooky to me
        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
          I have no problem with the OB. So long as it's understood that big arms are going to try that Hyzer right over 17. That's a little spooky to me
          /\/\/\/\This. I'm not a cannon arm, but I still think that this the far and away the best route. I know as long as I can get past the tree before it hyzers out, I'll be in bounds with a clear shot at the basket. I never throw when anyone is on 17, but I wouldn't throw on them even if I were taking a different route (still a chance of turning it over towards their basket). As long as the people throwing on two are courteous and safe, then hopefully no one will take one in the head.

Comment

DRO Hole # 2

The backstop tree behind Hole #17's basket will be a Mando on Hole 2 and you will have to throw on the left side of it or take a stroke and drop at the tree.
            Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
              The backstop tree behind Hole #17's basket will be a Mando on Hole 2 and you will have to throw on the left side of it or take a stroke and drop at the tree.
              So instead of having a two route with risk and reward, we have effectively taken the preferred route away and made it a drop?

I know it's probably for safety sakes but really? How about we just put the clowns mouth hole back into effect as well?

I figure if you leave it the way it is with the understanding that players who throw while players on 17 are in putting range will take a one or two stroke penalty and be forced to re-tee without question. That way you keep it safe for everyone involved with out eliminating the preferred route. Now it's a side arm dream or a hopeful rhbh hyzer flip.
              Cleveland Brown

Comment

Oh, yeah... thanks for reminding me about the Clown's Mouth. hahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpi View Post
                  Oh, yeah... thanks for reminding me about the Clown's Mouth. hahahahahaha
                  I'd really like to forget that hole but I'm afraid of clown's...and their holes
                  Cleveland Brown

Comment

A Mando????

So instead of having a two route with risk and reward, we have effectively taken the preferred route away and made it a drop?

I know it's probably for safety sakes but really? How about we just put the clowns mouth hole back into effect as well?

I figure if you leave it the way it is with the understanding that players who throw while players on 17 are in putting range will take a one or two stroke penalty and be forced to re-tee without question. That way you keep it safe for everyone involved with out eliminating the preferred route. Now it's a side arm dream or a hopeful rhbh hyzer flip.
                    There's an easy shot there, if you throw an Epic or a thumber.

The hole was designed with the tree being a Mando from the very beginning, the peninsula with the OB was my addition to the hole for the tournament.

I gained a few strokes on Gordy one year thanks to the clowns mouth.
                    Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                      There's an easy shot there, if you throw an Epic or a thumber.

The hole was designed with the tree being a Mando from the very beginning, the peninsula with the OB was my addition to the hole for the tournament.

I gained a few strokes on Gordy one year thanks to the clowns mouth.
                      Um, didn't the PDGA make the Epic illegal this year for any tournament play? Just thought I'd throw that out there since they don't conform to any disc standards. Which means, do we have to have bag check at the beginning so people know? I can't remember where I read that though. Where's Chuck when you need him to chime in?

As for the OB issue, it really doesn't bother me. I throw my Stalker straight down the frickin middle. Hopefully I don't overshoot into the ob though. I heard it's including the road this year? It's just fun to throw the big Hyzer. Usually leaves you parked.
                      Cleveland Brown

Comment

Um, didn't the PDGA make the Epic illegal this year for any tournament play? Just thought I'd throw that out there since they don't conform to any disc standards. Which means, do we have to have bag check at the beginning so people know? I can't remember where I read that though. Where's Chuck when you need him to chime in?
                        http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/...scs_032111.pdf

The Epic is still on the approved discs list, so its still tournament legal right now.

It doesn't meet the current disc standards, but it is grandfathered in.

I suspect it will remain legal until pros start winning A+ tiers with it (sooooo, never).

[edit]Chuck beat me to it in the rules discussion.[/edit]
                        We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

I find the proximity of the OB to the basket is very suspect and extremely difficult to see from a distance.
                          18ft is not much of a landing zone, felt really good about 3 drives Wednesday and 2 of them stuck OB while dropping in my 'confident ring' (~25ft.)

I don't really mind a P3 on the scorecard... yet, couldn't you extend the rope to include the road inbounds? Seems like the road is a safe landing for anyone who throws 275-350 and wants to keep tourney clear of the 'water' hazard in play. Without the road you leave a 15ft fairway to the left and a 10ft fairway to the right, surrounded and separated by OB.

If nothing else... are there plans to vertically extend the OB lines and make them visible?!?

Having clear signage around the perimeter and a clear starting point for the line will really enhance the players ability to play the hole correctly.

Painting the lines so they don't move, putting up signs (especially the mando,) clearing up the line for the OB water hazard. All these things will reduce confusion and mis-played holes during the tourney.

Bob, if you need help, you know my number.
                          I will be happy to stop by and grab orange marking paint and I have bamboo rods I am willing to contribute as well.
                          Last edited by jshrack; April 7th, 2011, 11:17 PM. Reason: don't know left from right...

Comment

Bob, I painted (with marking paint) the OB line that was still in place and placed a few elevated markers at your anchors.

I also pulled the line tight on the back side and placed markers where I remembered the line being set... it was loose on the ground when I arrived.
                            I did NOT paint this part of the OB on the ground though, I figured you should have the right to authorize the location before it was painted.
                            Please check out the markers I put up and do as you wish.
                            I have another can of marking paint to get it painted before Doubles if you want.

Call me

Comment

The hole in question is ridiculous and I hope we never play it again. I would like to see 17's basket moved farther to the right and se 18's teepad moved farther to the left into the trees by the stick pile for safety.. Hole 11 needs to be put back on the road before somebody dies!!!! That is so dangerous! Before if you were on 11 (14) discs were coming towards you from in front of you and only generally experienced players could hit you. Now Discs fly at your head from behind and if the thrower can toss 100 feet they could split your head open.. it's gonna happen!
                              Relax and enjoy your hair
                              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X