Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public relations officer does not mean that they are the only officer allowed to speak with the public or in this case the mayor. I read your report Jeff, while I am glad to hear that Taylor was interested in being more helpful, it seems that there is no real news. I think tying us up with People's park is good way to keep us out of Sekani so he doesn't have to deal with either. I am of course patient because I know how first hand how slow the political machine works.. but there isn't really any news..
    Relax and enjoy your hair
    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
      I think tying us up with People's park is good way to keep us out of Sekani so he doesn't have to deal with either. I am of course patient because I know first hand how slow the political machine works.
      Ain't that the truth!!
      Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

good idea. We have needed to plant some trees down there for quite some time.
        first you need the go ahead from the city then you need to find a tree that will last WITHOUT being cut down by club members .. planting trees on hole 11 is a good idea BUT unless you plan on being there 24/7 till the tree takes roots and grow right .. some people go down there JUST to trash the place .. but planting trees to help hole #11 needs at least 5 years for the trees to adjust and live and be strong enough to take the damage of disc`s being thrown at it ..

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
          I don't know where that tee used to be located.
          Could we plant some trees or set up a protective barrier (net or something) to block the original 11 tee from hole 16?
          We do have options... right?
          and yet you keep bad mouthing the club BUT you dont even know where the old tee pads have been .. justin ,are planning to come up with the money for the trees or net you want ? are you planning to come down and put all that up just to watch the "recreational golfers " be in your way ? speaking of rec golfers ..Didnt you start OUT as a rec golfer ?

Comment

Originally posted by psychodwarf View Post
            and yet you keep bad mouthing the club BUT you dont even know where the old tee pads have been .. justin ,are planning to come up with the money for the trees or net you want ? are you planning to come down and put all that up just to watch the "recreational golfers " be in your way ? speaking of rec golfers ..Didnt you start OUT as a rec golfer ?
            The club could esily afford to plant trees, bushes or put up nets.. I have never heard of anyone getting hurt on the old teepad. Its EASY to see a disc coming in. JEFF. I am not asking the city to plant trees. The city would not have a problem with planting trees. What they don't like is trees being cut down.. Asking the city to plant a native tree in an undeveloped park is akin to checking to see if you get desert after you did all your chores and ate your vegetables If we planted a group of them they would have a very good chance of surviving. Being that close to the road I would bring a 5 gallon bucket of water for them whenever I went to go play a round. I would also suggest pushing sticks in the ground with ropes running around the trees so people don't traipse through them. unless they have to get their disc.. Could build another beautiful rock lake. I know somebody who has accomplished such a task Hey, Joe. Take it easy on the newbies. I've heard Shrack say good things about the club. He has also volunteered alot of effort on the clubs behalf. If you participate fully you are allowed to gripe. My parents always told me that if you don't vote than you can't gripe.. Well Shrack not only voted, he ran for office, he also headed a major grant application for the club. Your efforts are dually noted. Many thanks for you efforts to help our courses remain beautiful. Everybody's best efforts are valuable and important, just as their opinions and ideas.
            Shrack, the teepad is to the left of the existing one on the road, back a little bit.. if you look at the ground you'll see a faded wobbly Bob faded teepad.
            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Yoduh
              Shrack, the teepad is to the left of the existing one on the road, back a little bit.. if you look at the ground you'll see a faded wobbly Bob faded teepad.
              now its back by the parking lot ON the paved road as for the faded Wobbly bob teepad that will be resprayed and have the AM AND REC painted in the middle so those that feel like throwing an extra 30 feet can and if you dont feel like it move up to the other tee pad .. problem fixed .. OH WAIT. someone wont like it .. srry ..

Comment

now its back by the parking lot ON the paved road as for the faded Wobbly bob teepad that will be resprayed and have the AM AND REC painted in the middle so those that feel like throwing an extra 30 feet can and if you dont feel like it move up to the other tee pad .. problem fixed .. OH WAIT. someone wont like it .. srry ..
                I love the new pad I just pray that people that can't throw 220 feet on average throw from the shorter pad for safety's sake.
                TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Thanks again for all the work down there today Joe
                  TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

here's an idea--i'm sure it would cause all kinds of problems ...

if the teepad is on the road, it's an unsafe place to be.. from drives on #16;
                    if the teepad remains where it is now, it makes putting on #1 an unsafe place to be;
                    so...
                    how about changing the new tee for #1 into the tee for #11 ; changing the new tee for #17 into the tee for #1; and making the old unused tee for #1 into the new tee for #17...?

this would be a solution that would not have to 'grow', or be as obtrusive and expensive as nets, eliminates the issue of the #11 tee location altogether, creates three new challenging lines of approach (especially #11 and #17), could offer the possibility of a "b" pin location for #16, ...and could result in a whole new tangent of contention

...but seriously, it could be a solution to a lot of issues....no?
                    Last edited by Burge; April 24th, 2011, 02:44 PM.
                    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by Burge View Post

if the teepad remains where it is now, it makes putting on #1 an unsafe place to be;
                      so...
                      how about changing the new tee for #1 into the tee for #11 ; changing the new tee for #17 into the tee for #1; and making the old unused tee for #1 into the new tee for #17...?

this would be a solution that would not have to 'grow', or be as obtrusive and expensive as nets, eliminates the issue of the #11 tee location altogether, creates three new challenging lines of approach (especially #11 and #17), could offer the possibility of a "b" pin location for #16, ...and could result in a whole new tangent of contention

I am having trouble picturing all of it... but from what my mind CAN wrap itself around, that sounds very interesting and possibly quite cool!
                      When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

so...

hey BURGE where the hell did this come out ? at last count you only had 2 brain cells AND they were BOTH fighting for air and a escape route OUT !! jk.. lol .. as for the layout it might work out..but it seems to be pretty good just to tried to think right now worked late on the courses out at four monds today will go by mon and look at that .

(P.S.) I HAVE ALREADY GOTTEN CALLS THAT THE NEW TEE PAD FOR #11 SUCKS. THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME NOW THAT ..
                        Last edited by psychodwarf; April 24th, 2011, 09:44 PM.

Comment

[QUOTEposted by jeff crum PRESIDENT of the SDGA
                          ]FYI - Erosion control is a specific part of the job description of the Facilities Coordinator[/QUOTE]

wouldn`t this BE something THE WHOLE CLUB should worry about ? i mean if the whole park has Erosion problems THEN SHOULDN`T WE THE SDGA CLUB BE DOING SOMETHING TO STOP IT OR SLOW IT DOWN OR REVERSE IT . i do not think THIS should be left up to just one person

Comment

so...

That would make hole 11 even easier.. hole one still boring and hole 17 a tough hole but with no real place on the whole entire course to bomb a drive. Hole 17 is indespensable.. We used to play old 1 to old 20 at the DRO. I would see weird kicks and bad shots fly at 18's green.. It's not a bad idea it's just not ideal imho.
                            The new solution should eliminate most of the problems except for newbies now hyzering into 16's fairway. an am pad should take care of that.
                            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

That would make hole 11 even easier.. hole one still boring and hole 17 a tough hole but with no real place on the whole entire course to bomb a drive. Hole 17 is indespensable.. We used to play old 1 to old 20 at the DRO. I would see weird kicks and bad shots fly at 18's green.. It's not a bad idea it's just not ideal imho.
                              The new solution should eliminate most of the problems except for newbies now hyzering into 16's fairway. an am pad should take care of that.
                              yeah...i went and threw these approaches this morning and there are more issues than solutions...it would make #1 and #11 too easy, not that #1 isn't too easy already, and I agree about the lack of a place to rip a big hyzer

...i miss old #20 too
                              "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

yeah...i went and threw these approaches this morning and there are more issues than solutions...it would make #1 and #11 too easy, not that #1 isn't too easy already, and I agree about the lack of a place to rip a big hyzer

...i miss old #20 too
                                The best solution is a complete redesign here but I don't see that happening until somebody gets hurt baad.. which is when we probably just loose the course. So I'm hoping nobody gets hurt in the next 35 years while I'm playing..

Planting trees by the dead trees on hole 12 would be really smart. The dead Maples would help protect the trees for a couple of years until they fell.. Otherwise that is going to be a pretty easy hole soon.
                                TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X