Downriver work party, Sat. August 21st Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    i finally saw #14 today. i like that its a little more difficult. it seems to even out on #15, which is playing a little easier.

    i think #14 would have been perfect if the tee pad was about 20 feet closer. that way the path from #13 would lead behind it, and there would still be a tight shot. hindsight is always 20/20 though, and im definitely not complaining.

    what type of lines are you guys throwing on #14 anyway? it seems like it forces you into an overhead shot, unless you can throw a perfect flex. (RHBH)
    "Please throw away or pack out your garbage--except for glow stick litter."

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by White Walls View Post
      i think #14 would have been perfect if the tee pad was about 20 feet closer. that way the path from #13 would lead behind it, and there would still be a tight shot. hindsight is always 20/20 though, and im definitely not complaining.
      There is actually a half-used offshoot path that leads to the new teepad. I suspect that it will get a lot more use now, since people tend to take the shortest path.

      Originally posted by White Walls View Post
      what type of lines are you guys throwing on #14 anyway? it seems like it forces you into an overhead shot, unless you can throw a perfect flex. (RHBH)
      For a righty, its a thumber, a gentle turnover with a putter or mid, or a high sidearm.

      I think a good flex shot would be hard to throw consistently and is overly complicated for the line that you actually need.
      We're at our best when it's from our hips

      Comment


      • #18
        flex shot

        Play Stimpi Ridge a little more often and you'll learn a low, straight, flex shot. And that offshoot path used to be the main path, leading to the BACK of old #17's tee. The "regular" path got broken out of the forest by the dumbass sasquatches. Actually, a lot of Downriver has been destroyed by these ungrateful creatures.
        Low and straight. It's a good shot to have in your bag.

        Originally posted by Parks View Post
        There is actually a half-used offshoot path that leads to the new teepad. I suspect that it will get a lot more use now, since people tend to take the shortest path.



        For a righty, its a thumber, a gentle turnover with a putter or mid, or a high sidearm.

        I think a good flex shot would be hard to throw consistently and is overly complicated for the line that you actually need.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
          Wrong topic.
          Topic Nazi.. I know there isn't a thread for club meetings not happening, I wonder why Mid September sounds good though. First meeting in 6 months. Torrid pace. Just played High Bridge today with everything in the short. Definitely makes Downriver the best course in town by FAR! Kind of makes the course feel like Stimpi's. Thanks to the workers who helped out at Downriver, good to have clubbies chipping in. Hoping for another light winter to keep the growth in Spokane moving forward.
          Relax and enjoy your hair
          TNT Yardworks.com

          Comment


          • #20
            try again..

            Still, only remotely close to topic....

            Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
            Topic Nazi.. I know there isn't a thread for club meetings not happening, I wonder why
            Because you haven't started one yet.

            Mid September sounds good though. First meeting in 6 months. Torrid pace.
            You could put that in your new gripe thread. (although, it is a bit snide)

            Just played High Bridge today with everything in the short. Definitely makes Downriver the best course in town by FAR! Kind of makes the course feel like Stimpi's.
            Okay, let's take inventory...so far, you've put down the club, Highbridge, and now Stimpi--and you have yet to say anything on topic. Is this just your need to polish your ego? You must be insufferable to play with.

            Thanks to the workers who helped out at Downriver, good to have clubbies chipping in.
            Finally, on topic, but yet, you still feel the need to be patronizing. I don't appreciate being referred to as a "clubbie", nor do I think anyone else that SHOWED UP to help last Saturday would appreciate it much either. Do you have other little derogatory cutesy monikers that you use for everyone else on the course that doesn't meet with your esteemed approval? 'Baggers'? 'Newbies'? 'Flingers'? IF you truly do care about the club and the courses, and want to make them a better place, then maybe you should try inputing something positive instead of spitting out your thinly veiled spite and malice.

            Hoping for another light winter to keep the growth in Spokane moving forward.
            Way to squeeze in more off topic material! It's a nice attempt at a wish of prosperity, but at this point, it's just a cherry on a turd. I can't even begin to deconstruct how short-sighted this statement is. Try this on for size: two light winters in a row will mean a drought in the summer. You don't ever want to hope for a light winter in Spokane. It's not natural. We live in the high desert--we need the snowfall in the winter or we will be looking at high fire risk all summer. Besides, winter is never a time to get someone introduced to the sport; only the truly hardcore play in the snow.

            I never had the need to pipe up to you directly before, but the 'clubbie' crack is insulting and makes your self-importance painfully obvious. How about you start your own club and build your own course and then you can just play with yourself and you won't have anything to complain about or pesky 'clubbies' to deal with.

            Or glowsticks.
            "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

            Comment


            • #21
              High Bridge is set up as a pitch and putt right now, Stimpi describes his own course as a pitch and putt. Pitch and putts are fun to play but they are not the most challenging. No part of my statement disrespects the club either.

              Clubbie isn't a crack, I am a Clubbie as well as anybody else signed up to be in the SDGA. Heard this many times, mostly from Gordy but it's not like it matters..I am thankful for any help building our courses. I have put in more than my fare share of work at both courses you play in town as well as in Post Falls and Couer D' Alene and at Farragut.

              I have been asking to have a club meeting for the last 4 months to discuss what we as a club wanted to do with Downriver which is on topic but has been ignored by the officers because it's easier for them to do what they want without the clubs input.

              About winter... whoa, going off the topic deep end huh?

              Glowsticks and all other litter are things I pick up all the time cause I care and because I like nature to be litter free. I also think having a clean course makes our sport more appealing and enjoyable.
              Relax and enjoy your hair
              TNT Yardworks.com

              Comment


              • #22
                YO-duh! I'll set up a meeting witht he NIRDGC officers for you if you'd like. But I think thats a bit off topic.
                Last edited by tomw; October 16th, 2010, 05:45 AM. Reason: duh!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by tomw View Post
                  YO-duh! I'll set up a meeting witht he NIRDGC officers for you if you'd like. But I think thats a bit off topic.
                  Good luck w/this current chapter of a long unfinished book.
                  "Where'es that confounded Bridge?"
                  p.s. Thanks 4 the work U do U pain in the ass
                  pp.s. If you dont "pitch" correctly, the "putt" becomes an upshot!
                  hmmmm, ok Tom. Not sure what to say buddy. Give call and we can hang out sometime.
                  Relax and enjoy your hair
                  TNT Yardworks.com

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    yeah, still off topic...but, my bad. last time, promise.

                    Originally posted by Yoduh
                    Not sure what your major malfunction is..
                    Well, you know what? My major malfunction was choosing to respond to your post in the manner in which I did and, for that, I sincerely apologize.

                    Not only was my post seriously farther off topic than yours, it was also categorically vehement and totally unwarranted. It obviously upset you enough to spawn two responses: one cordial and one a bit more curt--I guess that's the difference between 11pm and 2am, huh? Regardless, I'm the one responsible. I would have to attribute my unfounded lashing out at you to my own stress and your post was the unfortunate recipient of my early morning lack of judgment. I think posting without a morning cup of coffee is worse than posting drunk. I would have to correct you on one thing though, I do have a rosey outlook on life and others, it's just that after I was laid off three years ago, I've been working on my bachelor's degree for three years solid, full-time plus, including summer quarters, and being a stay-at-home dad to two boys, and single-handedly remodeling my house, and my wife is in school full-time this year, and well, the list goes on and on--the constant pace takes a toll. Point is, those are my burdens to bear and you don't deserve a random loadstone being dropped on your head.

                    I'm proud of our courses, but I too think that further design and improvement is necessary to make DR and HB tournament-quality courses that offer a dynamic disc golf experience that is both inviting and challenging for all players--from the seasoned local to the visiting pro to the first time novice. If I had the time, I would work tirelessly to make them better and better. My efforts on the 21st took creative scheduling and cajoling on my end so I guess I was making them personally significant. I've lived in Spokane since 1969 and I've seen these areas go from hardcore Gypsy Joker campsites to punk rocker firepit hangouts to teabagger romping grounds to the community- building, public-use project that is the reason why both you and I are on this discussion board today. I would be more apt to assume that most of us appreciate our courses a great deal and would love to be putting more effort into them, but are simply burdened with other personal commitments that have to take a higher priority.

                    As much as I tout my wants and intentions to improve the physical aspects of disc golf in Spokane, I think just as much effort is needed in improving the community aspects as well--and breeding contention is not the way to start. So, please, allow me to do the work needed to help build the community and retract what I said.

                    I wouldn't throw garbage on the course and I do try to pick up what I can...
                    ...so I should put forth the same effort here.

                    Peace,

                    Burge
                    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Burge View Post
                      Well, you know what? My major malfunction was choosing to respond to your post in the manner in which I did and, for that, I sincerely apologize.

                      Not only was my post seriously farther off topic than yours, it was also categorically vehement and totally unwarranted. It obviously upset you enough to spawn two responses: one cordial and one a bit more curt--I guess that's the difference between 11pm and 2am, huh? Regardless, I'm the one responsible. I would have to attribute my unfounded lashing out at you to my own stress and your post was the unfortunate recipient of my early morning lack of judgment. I think posting without a morning cup of coffee is worse than posting drunk. I would have to correct you on one thing though, I do have a rosey outlook on life and others, it's just that after I was laid off three years ago, I've been working on my bachelor's degree for three years solid, full-time plus, including summer quarters, and being a stay-at-home dad to two boys, and single-handedly remodeling my house, and my wife is in school full-time this year, and well, the list goes on and on--the constant pace takes a toll. Point is, those are my burdens to bear and you don't deserve a random loadstone being dropped on your head.

                      I'm proud of our courses, but I too think that further design and improvement is necessary to make DR and HB tournament-quality courses that offer a dynamic disc golf experience that is both inviting and challenging for all players--from the seasoned local to the visiting pro to the first time novice. If I had the time, I would work tirelessly to make them better and better. My efforts on the 21st took creative scheduling and cajoling on my end so I guess I was making them personally significant. I've lived in Spokane since 1969 and I've seen these areas go from hardcore Gypsy Joker campsites to punk rocker firepit hangouts to teabagger romping grounds to the community- building, public-use project that is the reason why both you and I are on this discussion board today. I would be more apt to assume that most of us appreciate our courses a great deal and would love to be putting more effort into them, but are simply burdened with other personal commitments that have to take a higher priority.

                      As much as I tout my wants and intentions to improve the physical aspects of disc golf in Spokane, I think just as much effort is needed in improving the community aspects as well--and breeding contention is not the way to start. So, please, allow me to do the work needed to help build the community and retract what I said.

                      I wouldn't throw garbage on the course and I do try to pick up what I can...
                      ...so I should put forth the same effort here.

                      Peace,

                      Burge
                      AND NOW WITH THAT SAID !!!! can WE get back to the REAL reason of the post ..that being the improvement of DR and HB and in general the topic of DISCGOLF..

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I'm all for keeping stuff on topic, but this work party is already over and done.

                        So where the topic goes doesn't really matter at this point.

                        That being said, there is now a club meeting scheduled for the 14th. Yoduh, come on out and voice your concerns there.

                        Also, I didn't think "clubbies" was intended as an insult, nor was saying that Stimpi Ridge is a pitch and putt.
                        We're at our best when it's from our hips

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Parks View Post
                          ...I didn't think "clubbies" was intended as an insult, nor was saying that Stimpi Ridge is a pitch and putt.
                          True, on both counts...I was being a jerk.

                          Besides, I think "clubster" sounds better
                          "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Parks View Post
                            Also, I didn't think "clubbies" was intended as an insult,
                            Anytime you can add "ie" or "y" to a noun it makes that word a diminutive. This might not be an insult but does imply smaller or lesser.

                            I much prefer the term "member" to "clubbie".
                            Fly free and straight to the pin!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Leave it to Robert to try and keep a wound fresh..
                              Relax and enjoy your hair
                              TNT Yardworks.com

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                                Anytime you can add "ie" or "y" to a noun it makes that word a diminutive. This might not be an insult but does imply smaller or lesser.

                                I much prefer the term "member" to "clubbie".
                                While Bob is correct about the implicit meaning involved in modifying phonemes, Yoduh has stated that his intended usage was benign.

                                Besides, 'member' spawns phallic connotations to be exploited by low-brow humorists.
                                "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X