X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downriver work party, Sat. August 21st

Come to Downriver Sat. morning at 10:00 am to help with new tee-pad installations and some new pin placements. General cleaning up is also on the menu. Bring gloves, shovels, rakes, buckets, wheelbarrows and hole diggers. We'll most likely need a big straight breaker-bar. Kevin is bringing donuts and drinking water. Any other food or goodies will be welcome. If anyone has any Quick-crete we can use please let us know other wise we'll go pick some up. See You There. Gordy. PS, Advance recon will be on site by 9:30.

Hey Gordy, Joe, and whomever else will be there tomorrow morning, I too, will be there and I will bring the tools of which you seek--including a hole digger, gravel spreader, hard rake, a few shovels, a mattock (kinda like a dirt axe), and a big-ass breaker bar. See you in the mornin'!
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by psychodwarf View Post
      ...new tee-pad installations and some new pin placements....
      can anyone tell us what changes were made?

im just curious. any info is appreciated.
      "Please throw away or pack out your garbage--except for glow stick litter."

Comment

the tee pads for hole 14, 15, also the baskets will be moved as well soon .. 2 ,3 , will have NEW tee pads AND be moved as well (#2 already has a new tee pad. in front of old 2 tee pad in front of the bushes ) as the saying goes " ITS A WORK IN PROGESS "

Comment

Props of the Props to all those that busted ass!

Major kudos for everyone that helped out yesterday! We may not have been a huge crew, but we were a great crew. We kept our goals realistic and accomplished them. 14, 15, and 2 have been completely re-set and new baskets will soon grow form the planted sleeves.

I would gladly post up the name of everyone that helped, but I'm real crappy at remembering names and I would wind up naming about half and then the rest would feel jilted. We all know who we are, we're the ones that showed up and got something done! We're the ones who can now play the course and say, "I made that teebox; I planted that basket; I helped build this course". Now were the ones that, when we play with our slacker friends (and you know who you are--my slacker friends at least), and they begin to gripe about the course changing, you can say, "Hey, flatass, I helped make those changes and if you don't like it, then why don't you show up at a club meeting or a work party and do something about it, instead of being a whiney little beeyateecha. Now, shut up and throw."
          Last edited by Burge; August 22nd, 2010, 07:25 AM.
          "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Do club meetings happen?
            Relax and enjoy your hair
            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

I believe Jeff is trying to schedule one for mid-September.
              We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                Do club meetings happen?
                Wrong topic.
                Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Thanks to those who showed

Originally posted by Burge View Post
                  Major kudos for everyone that helped out yesterday! We may not have been a huge crew, but we were a great crew. We kept our goals realistic and accomplished them. 14, 15, and 2 have been completely re-set and new baskets will soon grow form the planted sleeves.

I would gladly post up the name of everyone that helped, but I'm real crappy at remembering names and I would wind up naming about half and then the rest would feel jilted.
                  Well Burge, I'm not any good at remembering names either. That's why I wrote them down.
                  Thanks to those who showed up and helped at Saturdays work party. Some fine work was done and I'll never do another tee box without that special tamping tool you brought.

• Sean Johnson
                  • Chris Burge
                  • Joe Barnett
                  • Gordy Crafts
                  • Aaron Baker
                  • Bob Perrewe
                  • Kevin Sakus
                  • Chris Barker

Now we need to get the key and move the baskets.
                  Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Barker?

I thought it was Erin or Arron Barker, you know, the Alaskan Wildcat. G.

Comment

Finally got a chance to go out and play from the new teepads this morning. Man, 14 is TIGHT! Is there no latitude with the city's tree-maven to at least trim the inside branches of the trees around the teebox? It's only going to get worse as the seasons progress.

I do like the new 15 though--especially since I parked it for a deuce on the first throw.

Comment

Finally got a chance to go out and play from the new teepads this morning. Man, 14 is TIGHT! Is there no latitude with the city's tree-maven to at least trim the inside branches of the trees around the teebox? It's only going to get worse as the seasons progress.
                        It won't get worse.

In fact, it will open up. Holes should always be designed a bit tighter than intended because people playing the course will naturally widen it some. That hole's original fairway used to be a lot tighter, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                          It won't get worse.

In fact, it will open up. ...because people playing the course will naturally widen it
                          "naturally"? I suppose miscalculated thumbers and tomahawks might reduce the branches, but what's going to happen before that is the more environmentally inconsiderate players are going to just snap off branches they deem are in their way. All I'm saying is that a little sculpting early on will prevent the less civilized players from making their own adjustments--sasquatch-style.

Comment

No Warning

"naturally"? I suppose miscalculated thumbers and tomahawks might reduce the branches, but what's going to happen before that is the more environmentally inconsiderate players are going to just snap off branches they deem are in their way. All I'm saying is that a little sculpting early on will prevent the less civilized players from making their own adjustments--sasquatch-style.
                            Breaking a branch, shrub or tree (ie. willful destruction) is always a two-stroke penalty all the time. NO WARNING.:I like to tell em to just take a free drop in the fairway if it means that much to them to navigate the hole. Informed players would do well to always share their respect for the park with all other players and other park users.

Comment

Exactly.

If you see anyone intentionally breaking stuff, let them know that it is definitely not okay.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X