X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work party 3/20/2010

Kevin Sakus is organizing a work party at Downriver on Saturday, 3/20.

I believe the SDGA is planning on having a roll of Flymat there to replace some of the nasty tees that need new pads.
    We're at our best when it's from our hips

I will bring a BBQ and a bunch of dogs for all that help.
    I said whippet, whippet good.

Comment

Rats, I'm out of town that weekend. I'm down for the next one though.

Comment

I'm game. I can get a pickup truck and have all kinds of tools like rakes, shovels, picks, sledgehammers, texas toothpicks, power tools, wheelbarrows, etc. What do we need?

Comment

The clean-up Will start at 10:00 On march 20th. There will be donuts and bottled water. Please bring shovels and rakes, brooms, wheel-barrels. We need to step-up to the plate as Disc-golfers and clean up our course for our out of towners and downriver tournament on April 10th and 11th.

Comment

I didn't notice any work party flyers at downriver, I would think that some1 would have made up something. I don't really know how many people will show up for a work party if the general public doesn't even know about it? I will still bring dogs for the work party and I hope we get a decent turnout, but I'm betting less than 10 people, any side bets?

Comment

I saw a flyer posted on the kiosk yesterday at DR.

I imagine there would be one posted at HB too, but we don't have a kiosk there
              We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Yeah now I see the flyers down there

Comment

Work party was alright, sorta funny how there's a big turnout for the dub's every weekend and when it came down to a lil course cleanup I didn't see any of the people that play dub's. Goes to show why we as a club take a lil longer to get things done, lack of discgolfer support. So thanks to all that did help clean, and for all that just expect us to clean the course for your use, well your welcome, and I'm trying to be nice.

Comment

Frusterating for sure! The NIRDGC had a club "work party" last fall to do some work at Cherry Hill. We planned on reconfiguring hole 2 to please the city and we planned on leveling the nasty teepad on hole 10 (steeply sloped uphill) and leveling hole 14 as well. If we had enough people we were gonna level a couple other pads as well. We had a small handfull of club members who signed up to work and myself and my dad we the only ones who showed up. 4 of the members who signed up to work just showed up and played a round then left. We got hole 2 and the tee for hole 10 and that took the better part of 10 hours . It's definitely frusterating and a mindset that needs to be changed one player at a time. Stick with it I am sure things will get better for Spokane and North Idaho. I know the Garden City Flyers still have a hard time getting good turnout for work parties and they have been doing them for quite a few years. Good on everyone for making things better even if it was not as much as you were hoping to do.

Comment

Here's my problem with work parties. They are always scheduled for times or dates I'm stuck working.

With that said, if people were having work parties @ 6 in the afternoon or before 8 in the morning monday thru saturday I'd be there in a heartbeat. I do try to take out as much garbage as possible from any course but especially Downriver. That place seems like people just think it's a dump. So they treat it accordingly. Last time I was there I actually walked up to a group that had thrown their beer cans and cig butts right next to the pad and just left them there. They were not pleased when I walked up and put the garbage in their bags they were holding. They stopped arguing however when a few other disc golfers started to gather and tell them they were in the wrong. I think they were a bunch of college students that weren't there to play but get faded. Pretty sure they grabbed their things and left.

I hate stupid people.
                      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                      Cleveland Brown

Comment

I would like to Thank all the people who helped with the downriver clean-up on Saturday March 20th. Joe,Ray,Holly, Rob, Troy, Paul,Jamie, Tim, Eric, Curt, Chris,Shawna, Randy,Mel, Jeff, and anyone else we may have forgotten. Thanks, Kevin

Comment

Thank You?

Originally posted by special K View Post
                          I would like to Thank all the people who helped with the downriver clean-up on Saturday March 20th. Joe,Ray,Holly, Rob, Troy, Paul,Jamie, Tim, Eric, Curt, Chris,Shawna, Randy,Mel, Jeff, and anyone else we may have forgotten. Thanks, Kevin
                          Is it OK to say 'Thank You' even if I didn't organize or participate in the work party? I don't even get down to Downriver very often but I still want to say thank you very much . I know that when I do get back there the park will be better because of your efforts. Thanks again. Gordy.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X