X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re design VS Alt pin locations

I'm curious if our course would benefit from a total redesign or if we can make it better with alt pins? I started on this course when it was 21 holes my very 1st tourney was the DRO and that was a long time ago. So I was thinking that this course has been establised for 10 yrs and I would think that a redesign is not the best idea for us. We have players from the coast that have been playing in the DRO for many years and I would assume that they would like alts vs a whole redesign. It would be quicker and easier to just slap in some alt anchors and more the direction that downriver needs. We have a new course coming up at peoples park that we could have a better design for various shot selections. I think we would have a better chance to capture more discgolfers interest if we just did a slight change by adding alts rather than trying to get them to like a redesign, which we know would get a lot of negative feedback. So what I'm saying is we add alt pin locations and fix what holes we need to accommodate the parks dept guidelines. Let me know what you think.
    I said whippet, whippet good.

I'm cool with whatever, and trust your judgment on whether C-Re's layout is worth doing or not.

If you wanna do alt pins/slight redesign to fit Parks Dept. requirements, then hit me up because I have some good ideas.
    Last edited by Parks; February 12th, 2010, 11:38 PM.
    We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

i'm fine with whatever but i really don't think alts would work beacause there are a few holes we have to scratch altogether( being that there can be no possibility that a shot could go over the banks) and in my opinion the the course wasn't very good to start with.

Comment

I know that we have to move a cpl holes away from the rivers banks, but that shouldn't be hard to figure out. 10's basket I know is to close to the waters edge but we have old 8's fairway to use and there could be a nice hole there? A lil thinking and we can get this done easily before DRO and that way we could have alts in play by then.

Comment

i think either way it should be done easily by dro
          but hole 2,3 need changed and old 10,11 and old 18 all have to be comletely removed

Comment

I'm all about squeezing as much variety out of our courses as possible. For me, I would take the current layout with alt pins (and maybe a few alt teepads?) over a new layout with only one pin placement per hole. Also, I'm sure that there is a finite amount of money and resources for this project. If we went with alt pins, would that free up more resources for People's Park or other projects?

Comment

the new layout has alt pins for all 18 holes so there is alot less work and alot more variety with the new layout. plus the club has voted and approved the new layout allready so if it doesn't happen it just shows the complete lack of integrity of the board and the fact that they don't really care what the club members want ( the club has voted for a complete redesign several times over the last year) this is the reason i am no longer a club member

Comment

I think the redesign was a good idea last year when we didn't have peoples park. That's why I'm for alt pins at downriver and spend more time desiging and planning on peoples park. Now that we have peoples park we have a fresh pc of land to work with and would make more sense to just tweak downriver. We could save money by putting in alts and new tee signs. I can understand people wanting to vote for a new course and how it came to pass without any one playing on it is what I don't understand, we do have buckets we could set up and try playing the proposed course. I think there would have to be a lot of trimming in order for the layout to be fun to play. With my alt pins I can have them made in a week and put in the ground in a day and yes we will put the anchors in without filling them up with concrete like some of the anchors at HB, that was part and still is a problem there.

Comment

Wait, you're not supposed to fill the hole where the pole goes with concrete? That's weird.
                  We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

The SDGA has given the current Facilities Coordinator Eric Brown our complete confidence concerning changes to the Downriver Disc Golf Course. We are sure that Eric will use his best judgement in these matters.

The establishment of the People's Park Disc Golf Course at this time has a higher priority as opposed to the Downriver upgrade. When the People's Park Course is finished we will be able to talk with the Parks Department concerning Camp Sekani. Both People's Park and Camp Sekani are projects that the Parks Dept. approached us about.

Comment

Originally posted by SDGA View Post
                      The SDGA has given the current Facilities Coordinator Eric Brown our complete confidence concerning changes to the Downriver Disc Golf Course. We are sure that Eric will use his best judgement in these matters.

The establishment of the People's Park Disc Golf Course at this time has a higher priority as opposed to the Downriver upgrade. When the People's Park Course is finished we will be able to talk with the Parks Department concerning Camp Sekani. Both People's Park and Camp Sekani are projects that the Parks Dept. approached us about.
                      thats great but he shouldn't be able to override what the club already voted and approved
                      the club voted and approved the new layout (giving me final say on the design, and voted downriver as our number one priority) just my oppinion but the board should not be able to go above the club and override club desisions.

Comment

Well let's revote? I have talked with a lot of golfers about alts and there more for alts than a redesign. I just think that with the redesign job that was offered that we would be where were at with highbridge, and that's me coming in and cleaning up the mess from the gung ho work parties that can slash and clear trails for fairways and then just leave it up to others like me to fix? Its funny how a cpl golfers can design the alts at highbridge yet I never seen them again to help what was done down there, we still have 8 anchors in the ground across the street that need pulled and I can only imagine how long it would have taken to clean up all the lil 3-4 inch stubs of brush and trees that got cut and left in all the fairways. A good example would be new 13 at hb, wow let's cut a path because we have a chainsaw, I seen who and what was done on that hole and look where it is today, a shit load of stubs in the fairway that I will be cutting for weeks. So a redesign in my eyes is a lot more work than a design on a pc of paper, I think I can get a good work crew that will finish whatever we start and not just cut and run like the work parties at highbridge. I do want to thank workers at highbridge for making the alts happen but there has to be a plan for people to follow and steps to take to make the work parites more functional.

Comment

there was a plan for both highbridge and downriver both were given to the club and posted on the forum. you are the new facilities coordinator so organizing the work parties is your job. it just so happened that you got voted in in the middle of both projects. the problems with the work at highbridge was discussed and what we need to do in the future was adressed so bringing it up again and again is pretty lame.

Comment