Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by psychodwarf View Post
    ...i will need some help working on the lake I am creating
    QUE? Lake? What lake? With no water? Could you provide a few more details?
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

• Originally posted by burge View Post
      que? Lake? What lake? With no water? could you provide a few more details?
      if i did then you would know my madness ....mahahahahaha

Comment

• No offense,the lake sounds kinda "chesey" to me. I think the left side of the dead tree would be a great mando.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chainbanger44 View Post
          No offense,the lake sounds kinda "chesey" to me. I think the left side of the dead tree would be a great mando.
          the LAKE we have a mando OR two the idea of the "LAKE" is to help save the little trees BEHIND the dead tree from being RUN over plus the left side of the road will be out of bounds .. besides when i am done with it then you can say its "cheesy" or not ... fair enough ?

Comment

called no answer .left message ..no answer... HMMM...I am down there working more times then i care to recall... like working on the course if you see me or my truck there most likely working on the course ...i will need some help working on the lake I am creating i would like to get ALL THE changes done BEFORE the end of the year ..but who knows ...
            No voicemail here.....HMMMM....try again next time? Or you can message me here, I check it every day.

Comment

the LAKE we have a mando OR two the idea of the "LAKE" is to help save the little trees BEHIND the dead tree from being RUN over plus the left side of the road will be out of bounds .. besides when i am done with it then you can say its "cheesy" or not ... fair enough ?

Very fair. I'm for saving all trees and keeping things natural, but I don't believe bringing in a pile of rocks and painting them blue is very natural. It just depends on the hole placement and what you deem as the fairway.

Comment

• Um, lake on 2? How exactly do you plan to mark it? And who gave the ok on this?

I think OB on this hole will be a necessity due to the proximity to both the edge of the bank and hole 17, but I don't think a lake would do a good job of protecting those saplings near the dead tree.
                We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

• Joe told me that Bob gave him the ok to do it.
                  Relax and enjoy your hair
                  TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

• Bob does make the decisions doesn't he?
                    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

• well since i have gotten SO much NEGETIVE response about the " lake " i guess bob and i will go and find something else to create to help the park.. is that ok now parks. any body else got anything else to say about "who said i could do this or that " i am getting REAL tried of being yelled at AFTER i do something yet WHEN i am doing something everyone says "good job" "nice going " and stuff ..

Comment

well since i have gotten SO much NEGETIVE response about the " lake " i guess bob and i will go and find something else to create to help the park.. is that ok now parks. any body else got anything else to say about "who said i could do this or that " i am getting REAL tried of being yelled at AFTER i do something yet WHEN i am doing something everyone says "good job" "nice going " and stuff ..
                        I'm not trying to be negative and I wasn't yelling at you, I'm just wondering how you planned on going about it.

And all course changes, however minor, need to go through the club so I was just making sure that it wasn't just rogue "course maintenance." Since this was the first I'd heard of it, I thought I'd ask.

I noticed a blue line of paint out there, was that the final plan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Parks View Post
                          I'm not trying to be negative and I wasn't yelling at you, I'm just wondering how you planned on going about it.

And all course changes, however minor, need to go through the club so I was just making sure that it wasn't just rogue "course maintenance." Since this was the first I'd heard of it, I thought I'd ask.

I noticed a blue line of paint out there, was that the final plan?
                          no that was just a lay out bob and i was working on AND i did not SAY it was you yelling at me .. and the only "course maintenance" i do WITHOUT the clubs say so is my "garbage runs" where i drive thru and change the garbage can bags ..all the negative response i am getting is from "why bother WE dont like it " I do not think that i am doing anything wrong yet that is how i am being made to feel like .. i got a call from someone NOT happy i had my truck and equipment IN the park AND that i had ran over a tree( not on puprose)sometimes i feel like my time is better spent sitting at home then helping out at the golf course .

Comment

• No worries. Picking up trash is one of the best things anyone can do for our courses.

Back to my original question, how would the lake be marked on the hole?

Comment

• To the untrained eye we must seem like a bunch of calm cool frisbee throwing hippies..
                              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Parks View Post
                                Um, lake on 2? How exactly do you plan to mark it? And who gave the ok on this?

I think OB on this hole will be a necessity due to the proximity to both the edge of the bank and hole 17, but I don't think a lake would do a good job of protecting those saplings near the dead tree.
                                The discussion of an out-of-bounds came up on the day we were installing the new tee and the new pin for #2. The saplings in question are in the fairway a little short of the green (30 to 40') and lie slightly to the right of the line-of-play. They are the only young trees in this area and there are very few of them. Our idea was to contain them in their own little OB area. We thought that if you let players take a free drop or something beside or in front of the trees then they would more likely be left unmolested. (for competitive play a penalty would be assessed if you landed in the OB) Otherwise the trees will soon be victims. We thought that a permanent in-ground line ( something you wouldn't trip over) would be best. A set- in line of bricks came to mind; paint them blue and call it the'Lake' (optional). We thought it best to have this element in place before moving the basket to the new placement....... We also discussed either a mando or an OB to protect the 17th green. I personally think an OB protecting the 17th green would be a better solution than a mando. (there will be a pair of mandos installed for the new arrangement at # 15 anyway) The notion that #2 could be made even tougher by installing an OB line on the inland side of the park path that wraps up the left side of the fairway and green is something we are also considering. ... All in all the shrinking margins of the park has made this task of compliance challenging. We are taking our time, using mostly recycled resources, and being as deliberative as humanly possible. Thanks for being patient with us while we finish this phase of the changes. Gordy.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X