Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jeff and i walked the back side with the arborist's boss yesterday and although we can't personally cut anything they can come in and do some thinning which will make the new layout possible or we could possibly move 17 back 20-30 feet ( both teepad and pin) and play old 18 ? not sure what else to do back there, the new dogleg hole could also be used, i am curious to see what eric has come up with for the alts/changes.

Comment

Any ETA on the thinning or is he just throwing that out there?
      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

i don't think it would be right away

Comment

The City Arborist was not willing to cut down any stand of trees. He is also not going to allow us to do any cutting. He did seem willing to come down and point out some trees that we could thin in places and have his co-worker arborist do the cutting. However that still begs the question of what exactly we are going to do down there. I would ideally like to see Eric and Chris Re' find some agreement if possible. If not, the board or the club will have to make a final decision.
          Rely on Me

Comment

Many courses have been in the ground way longer than Downriver and have been changed due to many circumstances. We have a fairly young course compared to most in the state and it's not a surprise that things would be changed one day. I have loved and grown my roots at Downriver but I feel that a change could do us some good. If it can be done for cheap than even better. Figuring out a patch job for our current course just serves to me a painful reminder of what we used to have. Every time I walk by hole 6 and 8 I am wishing I was launching instead of traipsing through the woods. The course has gotten easier and easier and another patch job pretty much renders it useless for a professional level tournament. I will always remember the old course but a new course can still help make us all better golfers.
            It doesn't make sense to keep spreading ourselves thinner and thinner. With no projects actually completed we do not have one concrete course we can point to as our gem. Sort of sad to think of that since we have been here for 10 years. I do feel that there is a resurgence of club members getting involved and the more efforts we get from everyone the more can be accomplished which is very exciting! I recommend that we forget about dollars and cents. That we strongly look at what Eric is proposing and what Christopher is proposing and ask ourselves 2 questions.. 1) Will this course make better golfers? 2) Will this course be something we can all be proud of? We are raising money at a very good clip right now and spending a little extra to have a nice finished product seems to have the biggest payoff.. Unless everyone in Spokane is just so used to everything being unfinished that we are all ok with it..
            Relax and enjoy your hair
            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

If we aren't satisfied with Eric's or Christopher's than it is time to go back to the drawing board and not accept mediocrity!
              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

I am wondering why there is a person posting as the SDGA.. Seems like our club members if spoken for, should be by at the very least the club president (aka stewart.. I mean Stew ward). Seems as if there was some irony in the non SDGA posts.. I will call it nonsdga because it absolutely impossible to state that you don't want someone representing your club in a fictitious manner if that is in fact what you are doing. If there is an actual voice here of the SDGA it would be Sky Pilot or Parks. Both are confirmed board members and seem to represent the club fairly well with accurate statements. I would appreciate it if the NONSDGA would step out from behind the curtain of the clubs non copyrighted, but copyrightable label and makeup an interesting name or their real name for all to see. Until such has happened I have to say to the users of this forum that in no way does the user, the SDGA, opinions or dreamed up instances reflect the actual attitude and position of the actual SDGA. I wouldn't want somebody doing car work or blaming people for unfounded things in my good name
                TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Eric BC the Whippet is also a confirmed board member.
                  TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

I created the SDGA account for official announcements and times when it needed to be made clear that the person was not just giving their opinion and in fact speaking for the SDGA. I gave the password to all board members for this purpose.

It isn't really there for discussion, especially if there's any controversy involved.

Comment

That sounds good but doesn't really work. I would suggest adding your title to your user name as a signature that way you can post things on the SDGA's and user's will see who you are. Most people can decipher opinion from an actual fact that has to do with the SDGA. The SDGA user on this forum seems to be arguing and make accusations which is not the position of the club or it's members
                      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

As a person with a user name and a password you can easily change the password and hijack the user name, or post things at a later date after your term of office has ended. With the board only thinking of 6 possible users they cannot know who posted what. It is a bad idea. Just post under your name like everybody else on the forum.
                        TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                          As a person with a user name and a password you can easily change the password and hijack the user name, or post things at a later date after your term of office has ended.
                          If the user name is hijacked, then I can have Adam kill the account. The pw will be changed and resent to current board members if there is a change.

With the board only thinking of 6 possible users they cannot know who posted what.
                          If its announcements/official club stuff that are being posted, then I don't care who posted what.

If people are arguing and debating under the user name, then I know who posted what. You do, too.

The SDGA username was mis-used previously and if it happens again I'll put an end to it.

It is a bad idea. Just post under your name like everybody else on the forum.
                          The reason I created it was because it came into question whether board members were representing the club's opinion on here.

When I post on here, I represent my own opinion only, which may be different from the rest of the board's opinion, which may be different from the membership at large's opinion.

Comment

Damn now your going to find out who did it, and I think it was................not me, ha I don't know the password..
                            I said whippet, whippet good.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric whippet Brown View Post
                              Damn now your going to find out who did it, and I think it was................not me, ha I don't know the password..
                              I bet if you search your e-mails then you would know it

Comment

Why don't you use the password to edit those posts and then we hopefully won't have this problem again... I thought it was Eric the whole time.. wonder who it was?
                                TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X