X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downriver weekly Pro/Am doubles

*08/25/2010* I'm moving this event up to 5:15pm on Wednesdays, and will probably move it to 5pm in a couple weeks since we are losing daylight. Give me a call if you are cutting it close so we can get cards sorted out on time.

*05/10/2010* The weekly doubles have been moved to Wednesday, and will start back up again on 05/19/2010 at 5:30pm. I'm dropping the free CTP since we have run out of donated discs. I will do a pay-in CTP with prizes.

The ace pot is currently at $200, so come out and hit one!

[old info]The idea is to keep the community up to date on upcoming DG developments and to have some fun.

For the doubles, the payment breakdown will be:
    $5 payout
    $1 ace pot (SDGA is fronting $50 to kick this off! Guaranteed $50 MINIMUM, $100 cap.)
    $1 club for course maintenance and improvement (People's Park is on the horizon)

The details of exact time and format (singles handicap/scratch, divisional play?) might be changed after the first week based on input from the people showing up.

The flyer and payout schedule are attached.
    Last edited by Parks; August 25th, 2010, 04:26 PM.
    We're at our best when it's from our hips

Thanks Lyle

Hey thanks for getting this up so fast Lyle
    If anyone needs info on the event feel free to give me a call
    509-389-5451 Joe

Comment

Flyer

See attached flyer for info on event

Comment

Lyle and Joe, I am willing to run a Handicap sheet if you decide to hold a handicap event. I already have the spread sheet and just have to enter names and scores.
        Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Sunday 11/29 we had 22 people show up, and we had nice weather for late November.

We had to run straight random doubles due to a lack of pros, and we just ensured that pros didn't get paired up.

Paid out:
          1st Maka and Tony $55
          2nd and 3rd was playoff between Derek and Ben and Tom and Travis for $35 and $15
          4th Gregg and Critter $5

Ace pot stands at $53.

I ended donating a disc from my private stash of 30 new discs for a CTP, and Gregg ended up taking home a sweet FLX Buzzz.
          Last edited by Parks; November 30th, 2009, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Sunday 12/6 we had 10 brave people show up even though it was balls cold and windy.

We did Pro/Am.

Paid out:
            1st Ron Thomas and Bryson (traveling from near Tri-Cities) $35
            2nd David Bodey and Aaron Merrill $15

Ace pot stands at $84.

Frazer (also from near Tri-Cities) ended up picking a nice CFR Glow Starfire-X for the CTP prize. Tasty!

Comment

Sunday 12/20 we had 14 people show up for some nice weather golfing.

We did Pro/Am.

Paid out:
              1st Lyle Parks and Tim Nevins $45
              2nd Stimpi and Brandon Green $25

Ace pot is capped at $100.

David Bodey keeps his streak of winning something every doubles round by taking home the CTP. He grabbed a cool Challenger donated by Gordy Crafts.

Comment

Sunday 12/27 we had 21 people come out and play.

We were short on Pros, so we did random draw making sure not to pair up Pros.

Paid out 3 teams that were all tied up at -5, and the playoff worked out as follows:
                1st Tom Stephens and Jim $55
                2nd Eric Brown and Tim Nevins $35
                3rd Fitz and his partner $15

Derek Fulton hit the CTP and picked a DX Destroyer.

David Bodey is going to need to fill out a W-2 if he wins anymore this year, because he hit hole 18 to snag the $100 ace pot. Congrats!

Ace pot reserve was enough to keep it at 100$. Your hangovers should be gone by the 2nd, so come on down and try to take this ace money. See you Saturday at High Bridge.
                Last edited by Parks; January 4th, 2010, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Sunday 1/3/2010 we had 19 players and beautiful weather.

We had enough pros to do Pro/Am.

1st Derek Fulton and Tony C -9 (back to back 9 downs for Derek this weekend) $50
                  2nd Eric Brown and Justin Flood -7 $30
                  3rd Tom S and Josh Erickson -6 $15

Darrin Case won the CTP and took home a sweet Voodoo donated by Christopher Re'. I've had my eye on it, and need to win the CTP to take home the other Voodoo that he donated.

Ace pot remains at $100.

Comment

Records

Hey, Lyle

Thanks for doing the weekend Double. I really enjoy it. Even though most of the time I'm the best shanker out there... : ) Once in a while I have a good moment...

Here's a thought for the new year...

I want to start posting the payout winners for the weekend Doubles. Actually I want to start posting any winners of anything the club does. This includes the CTP winners. People like to see their names, and it's just good stewardship of what the club is doing.

Let's start with last Saturday and Sundays winners.

Can this be done?

Let me know.

Jeff

Sky Pilot
                    Rely on Me

Comment

Sorry Lyle,

I just saw that you ARE already doing this. I'm still getting used to the way the forum works...

Good Job
                      Rely on Me

Comment

This last Sunday, 2/21, was another great day for golf. 21 players showed up.

1st and 2nd was a playoff between Wayne playing Cali and Stimpi/Bailey.
                        3rd was a playoff between Justin and his partner, and Darrin and Devin.

Darrin took the CTP.

The ace pot stands at the cap of $100.

Comment

This Wednesday, Mike H. hit an ace on hole 1 at DR.

Unfortunately, it was in the CTP so he didn't win the $200 ace pot

Comment

Last Wednesday, both Tony C and Cody M hit aces during the doubles. Tony got hole 3, and Cody got hole 15. They split the $200 ace pot.

Since we have enough cash reserves, the ace pot is still $200!

Come out and try to win it every Wednesday at 5:30.

Comment

Weekly $

To date the weeklies run at HB and DR by Lyle and Joe R. have netted the Club $671. There is also about $150 more from recent weeklies that will be on top of that sum. When it hits the bank I'll post the new and improved total. The TDs could some more merchandise to use in their CTP, so if you have some decent stuff to donate go ahead and hook them up. Many thanks to all who contribute. Gordy SDGA TRES.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X