Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The CTP has changed a bit. I'm doing a pay CTP right now, with micro/import beer or new premium plastic discs as prizes.

This got switched up once the stock of donated discs for the free CTP ran out.

I'm recouping my cost on these and then the rest goes to the SDGA. However, if someone wants to donate quality prizes for the pay CTP then 100% of that will go to the SDGA.

Ace pot is still at $200!
    We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Tony C hit the acepot again!

Tomahawk into hole 13. That's a pretty sick overhand.
      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Four Mound Handicap

The first of the SDGA Handicap Series tournaments was held out at Four Mound today at 11 am. The grass was damp and it didn't rain on us, a good day for golfing. The modified Hawk course was easy to follow and fun to play.

We had ten competitors out today, 4 Pro players and 6 Am players.

In the Pro Scratch division, paying 40% of the field, the winners were;
        1. Darrin Case shooting a 49 for First Place - $18
        2. Stimpi, Cole Swanson & Tim Vache tied for Second with 50's - I left before the playoff was finished, maybe one of the players will let us know who won - $10

And in the Am Handicap Division, paying 50% of the field, the winners were:
        1. Patrick Hennessy shooting a sweet score of 50 wins this contest - $18
        2. Gordy Crafts bringing home Second Place with a score of 54 - $14
        3. Bob Perrewe shot a 58 for Third Place - $10

Gordy donated his Second Place winnings of $14 to the SDGA! Thanks!!

No one hit an Ace today, but after playing the course I'm sure that won't be the case for long. The Ace Pot value for the next tournament will be $50 cash.

The next Hadicap will be held on Saturday, Nov. 27 at 11 am.

Come on out and enjoy the new look and feel of the Mini-Hawk.
        Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Second Place winner

Originally posted by

In the Pro Scratch division, paying 40% of the field, the winners were;
          [LIST=1
          [*]Darrin Case shooting a 49 for First Place - $18 [*]Stimpi, Cole Swanson & Tim Vache tied for Second with 50's - I left before the playoff was finished, maybe one of the players will let us know who won

:
          Tim Vache won the playoff, after 6 holes, on the Blue, Porcupine course.
          Great day of golf at 4 Mound. Thanks Gordy, and everyone who showed up.

Comment

and our round on Blue, came down to the last hole. Tim, myself, and Darrin were tied going into 18. Tim through out of bounds, my upshot came up short for a bogey, and Darrin made the par to win it again. Good shooting guys.

Comment

Nov. 27 Handicap

Four Mound will be open for the Handicap on Sat., Nov. 27th. The county road from hiway 291 on up to Burnett is usually maintained and I just cleared the driveway from Burnett all the way to Lot G where we meet for handicap. Any kind of 4-wheel drive or AWD should have no problem at all.....The drifts out on the course however are up to 12". I'll try to get a fire started. There's also a warm,dry shelter in a pinch. My 0 handicap could soon be a thing of the past. Gordy

Comment

Update on Weeklies' $

Lyle recently brought his custodianship of the Weeklies to a close. Since the last update in July a new sum from the late spring and summer events totaling $308 was added to the SDGA Treasury. During these 19 events some extra bucks came in due to the CTP and a few bucks were waived due to some individuals purchase of tee-box sponsorships at the two SDGA parks. A lot of thaks is due to those who conduct these events. Thanks, Lyle...... Tony C. has taken on the mantel of Weeklies TD and has ,to my understanding, conducted a few events already.. The cold weather and the snow's of November have not been a help to turnout. The turnout at Four Mound for the handicap has been 2 and 6 the last two times, which under the circumstances was still surprising. (way to go, Tim V.) The Handicap for the day after X-mas is still on. If it gets nasty and we have to cancel, We'll let you know. Its still been good seeing everyone who does get out in the deep snow. Hey Stimpi, you forgot Dale and Fred coming out to your place! Carry on, Gordy.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X