Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice, good work SDGA I can't wait to go see what it looks like.. There will be more new golf to be played in SPokane and hopefully less public board on bored bashing. If you got a problem with somebody say it to their face or in an email.. It helps the public relation side of things. Nice to see Jubby is spreading his wealth of knowledge in our general direction.
    Relax and enjoy your hair
    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

i will try to flag off 4s fairway on mon morning

Comment

i will go paint off the changes to the new layout( to fix the problems the parks dep had) and i am curious as to whether the change is going to happen or if the whole thing is going to get scratched again

Comment

We have a meeting coming up and I want to know what's going to happen with downriver as well. I have some ideas with the course but just don't know if anyone will like them. I have to consider the newer players or am's/beginners so I don't make it to hard, so nothing longer than the old layout. Woohoo sounds like fun trying to juggle holes to make it fun for all levels of players. With all the different opinions on highbridge I just don't know what it will take to make everyone happy. So I think if anyone has a opinion about what to do with downriver bring it to the meeting, because we will listen to your ideas and then try and figure out something.
          I said whippet, whippet good.

Comment

Right now there's issues.

We cannot clear any trees. This makes proposed holes 3 and 4 basically unfeasible. Proposed hole 1 would be a tough sell without any trimming, as well.

There are also issues with the pins near the water (old 6's pin and old 10's pin) but these haven't been issues in the past so I don't think that's as big of deal as the clearing.

What changes did you have in mind that would solve these issues?
            We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

there was already a plan in place for the water issues since we new that was a potential problem and as far as the clearing issue that only really stopped hole 4 which i also had a plan for.
              this was all previously discussed and we knew all these problems might come up these are just minor isseues that need ironed out

Comment

Does this mean the plan will have to be modified and re-approved?

Comment

Catalyst has resubmitted a plan that Jeff is running by the Parks Dept. for their approval.

If they are cool with it, then it will be Eric's call as Facilities Coordinator to implement it. Assuming Catalyst's changes are good, I would bet that Eric will go ahead and decide to move forward with the design.

Catalyst has an offer to put in the course changes (assuming that its still on the table), though Eric might decide to do it in house if he thinks we can do it cheaper or better or something.
                  We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Thanks for the update, Lyle. Not sure what I could do to help the process along, but if there is anything let me know.

Comment

I want to be down there on Sat morning if its not raining and play the layout. I know that the club wants to try and do the switch before the DRO, I don't want to rush this layout without at least a dozen or so people throwing it. I think that there is really not a great spot for tourney central and hole 3 is a poke and hope shot that will be extinct when all the pines grow. We don't know how the flow of the course will be without playing it and I think the changes before a big tourney is not a good idea either because were still trying to cleanup the highbridge alt pin locations. We are trying to get a pro arborist from the city to come down and let us figure out what we can or can't cut. I would really like some opinons on these topics I brought up.
                      I said whippet, whippet good.

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                        Catalyst has resubmitted a plan that Jeff is running by the Parks Dept. for their approval.

If they are cool with it, then it will be Eric's call as Facilities Coordinator to implement it. Assuming Catalyst's changes are good, I would bet that Eric will go ahead and decide to move forward with the design.

Catalyst has an offer to put in the course changes (assuming that its still on the table), though Eric might decide to do it in house if he thinks we can do it cheaper or better or something.
                        the parks dept did approve the changes so it is just up to eric wether it happens (since the club and parks dept have both approved the design) hovever catalytdg's offer to complete the work is no longer on the table.
                        i hope the plan goes through but whatever happens happens

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X