X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downriver disc golf course redesign

1. Moving 18 baskets: 20 bags of concrete-2.50$ per bag plus equipment rental 25-50$(1 day + gas ) total cost and work time= 85-125$ two days ( 4-6 workers)

2. Moving, building and grading teepads: 10 yards 5/8 minus=150$, replacing damaged or worn out fly mats 1000$ equipment rental 50$. Total cost and work time=1200-1400$ 2 workers and two hours per teepad.

3. Installing and repairing teesigns: 10 bags of concrete, hardware 15$ total work time and cost= 40-50$ 1hour per sign off site 1 day 2-4 workers on site ( not included is measuring, mapping and printing out teesigns)

4. Installing 14 benches: 30 bags of concrete, other materials to be donated total cost and work time 75-100$ and 1 man hour on site per bench ( not including off site assembly of benches)

5. Completing tourney central and kiosk: repairing old table, installing benches, painting kiosk and building/installing plexiglass cover. 75-100$ 4-6 man hours ( not included is making signage for kiosk and donation box)

6. Other work to include: erosion control on all hillsides( that are in the areas of play) ;this will include stairs, planting and retaining walls, beautification of over used areas; this includes pathways and plantings, and protection of existing plantlife. Total cost and work time: 500-1000$ (incremental) and unending man hours

Total project estimate 2500$-3000$
    note: all existing teepads, teesigns and benches will be reused if possible much of the materials ( lumber, plants, paint etc..will be donated by local players and companies)

Comment

Now If it were big enough to actually see the changes it would be handy. Is there a better way to look at this then from space? Did all 18 really need to be moved? What was the vote count? How many members actually showed? Chris this is good work but because you are retiring from the board is this A your swan song and B who will take over your great renaissance of DDGC
      rewindb.com

Comment

as soon as we have the final decisions made we will paint and flag tee/pin locations so anyone who wants to walk the course can do so.
        the club voted this spring to start from scratch so the only holes that remained are old 5 and modified versions of 9 and 10 ( witch were included in several peoples designs). although i am not running for reelection i will help who ever is elected in my place to finish both the downriver and highbridge projects. and the actual vote count i do not no but everyone voted in favor except bob who abstained
        Last edited by catalystdg; December 9th, 2009, 11:09 AM.

Comment

I'd like to walk/play the new design with you some time, C-Re'.

Any time after this Saturday would be good (except during doubles on Sunday) if you were down to do that.
          We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by catalystdg View Post
            as soon as we have the final decisions made we will paint and flag tee/pin locations so anyone who wants to walk the course can do so.
            the club voted this spring to start from scratch so the only holes that remained are old 5 and modified versions of 9 and 10 ( witch were included in several peoples designs). although i am not running for reelection i will help who ever is elected in my place to finish both the downriver and highbridge projects. and the actual vote count i do not no but everyone voted in favor except bob who abstained
            The vote was unanimous with one abstention. G.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
              The vote was unanimous with one abstention. G.
              Hats off to Bob, actually, for abstaining. His position on this serves as the sole bookmark of a process that was handcuffed and thrown in the trunk. That Chris was handed exclusive control of this was something that could only happen if a Steward based Board majority said so. Since this was obviuosly going to be dictated to the rest of us we tried to find a way that a member vote would approve a more inclusive motion; one that would allow for more reasonable reflection on this project, while at the same time locking in a result never-the-less. Everyone who has had a part in working through this Downriver remodel has been busting ass. We just wanted to be the pricks responsible for making this come out the way it did instead of those other p-----. We stand to be held responsible for it anyway. So I say hats off to everybody that is still on board to make this come out right and will actually be here to fund and support Chris all the way through the installation effort. Gordy. PS Jub voted for the motion too.

Comment

for the record this was never the way i thought the course should be designed or the whole situation handled. I did not want to design the course. my opinion was and still is that it should be designed by board appointed commitee and the final design voted on by the members. i however could not get support on this idea. i do commend gordy for trying to work this out so the board could look like we were in agreement and proceed as a unit, something some members(from both sides of the issues) were not willing to do in the past and still refuse to do going foreward. this is the reason i am not returning to the club. until the board can actually do what it has commited to do ( which is only to promote disc golf ) and work together towards that singular goal instead of throwing little fits and trashtalking the other board members when things don't go our way( which has been done by EVERY board member myself included) i will no longer be a part of the problem. i am still working to promote disc golf but at this time i don't see that possible as a part of the sdga. I am currently installing two private courses and have been hired by another club to install their courses. so going foreward i see disc golf in the spokane area looking up

Comment

Originally posted by catalystdg View Post
                  for the record this was never the way i thought the course should be designed or the whole situation handled. I did not want to design the course. my opinion was and still is that it should be designed by board appointed commitee and the final design voted on by the members. i however could not get support on this idea. i do commend gordy for trying to work this out so the board could look like we were in agreement and proceed as a unit, something some members(from both sides of the issues) were not willing to do in the past and still refuse to do going foreward. this is the reason i am not returning to the club. until the board can actually do what it has commited to do ( which is only to promote disc golf ) and work together towards that singular goal instead of throwing little fits and trashtalking the other board members when things don't go our way( which has been done by EVERY board member myself included) i will no longer be a part of the problem. i am still working to promote disc golf but at this time i don't see that possible as a part of the sdga. I am currently installing two private courses and have been hired by another club to install their courses. so going foreward i see disc golf in the spokane area looking up
                  Everything everyone has done for the last ten years brings us to where we are today; looking up. It has seldom been easy. we pay our own way. There's probably no better time for us than today is, but the challanges are larger and our path forward is more complex. Players and others will be called upon more than before to give and to contribute. The constant, for better or worse, is still the SDGA. that name is the door-opener. Gordy

Comment

Good Question.

Originally posted by Eric whippet Brown View Post
                    I want to know if we can clear out some trees to make new fairways or what? I have some idea's that could make some nice holes with a few trees here and there moved out of the way.
                    Why was there no response to Eric's question(posted Nov. 6th?) I think that some nice holes is what people are looking for when it comes to changing the layout of a course. If that means clearing "some" trees, then so be it. Without some removal, I feel like that you're just changing directions and not changing difficulty or quality.

Comment

DOH!

I don't know Cory, my Board Position is Public Relations and Eric's question didn't seem to pertain to PR, that's why I didn't respond.
                      Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Is the new layout posted anywhere?

Comment

It was posted in this very thread by Catalystdg.
                          We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

scouting the layout today

If anyone that has a map and knows the new layout of the redesign I will be down there today. I want to get it marked out and figure out a plan of attack
                            I said whippet, whippet good.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric whippet Brown View Post
                              If anyone that has a map and knows the new layout of the redesign I will be down there today. I want to get it marked out and figure out a plan of attack
                              i still have to finalize the exact pin locations but i can walk it with you sometime this week
                              you can check out my proposal at your board meeting tonight

Comment

We marked out the tee's with paint and the basket locations with orange ribbon by the pin location's. I'm going to try and figure out some distances on the holes. If anyone has a gps or a measuring wheel and would like to make some measurements we can see what we come up with. We are in the process of making buckets for temp pins so we can feel out the course layout, we could use a hand with that as well.
                                I said whippet, whippet good.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X