The final design will be approved and maps will be given out at the meeting.
i was going to let the rest of the board see the best two designs but since none of the designs met the criteria i had to combine a few different layouts,
the board voted to have me make the final desision so its just a formality of presenting the design at this point.
depending on the weather we could move everything mid dec.
I don't understand what your saying here. Did you let part of the Board see these two designs? Was it this part of the Board that decided that none of the designs met the criteria. Was it this part of the Board that voted that the existing Board plan be scrapped and that the entire design process be usurped by you? You say you were going to let the "rest" of the Board see the designs but for some reason because they did not meet the criteria this was not necessary? What puts the other part of the Board on the 'in'? Are you saying now that you will decide what part of our process we will be involved in or not?
Maybe we need to have a Spokane Disc Golf Association Board or (Bored, this is something Jub would write) meeting sooner than Dec. 8 at 5pm to discuss this. I was under the impression that the Board/Bored had the final say, which as always gives us each one vote. Do we really want this going on, on the public forum. I make a motion that the Board meets Sunday at the Season Ticket at 6pm to iron this out.
Chris, it does seem to me that you have tried to hi-jacked the Board process. When I look at the meeting minutes they do state that you are to submit the best plans to the Board for consideration and approval (and while not stated I thought then recommendation to the club for approval). There wasn't any contigency plan set up in case all of the plans didn't meet the stated criteria. If none of the plans meet the criteria then maybe we should try again or with Board approval hire a professional to consult us on this matter.
hiring someone costs money that the club doesnt have. i, for one, feel that a combination of 2 ideas makes sense. it will combine the thoughts of two different people and probably make a good course. whats the difference of 2 days? meet to decide then meet to decide again? on tuesday chris can show the idea then we all vote on it, my opinion is that most people will like it. then its done. we as a club let the people that we put in charge of things handle them. then they report back by any means available. chris has been working on this and reporting progress back on this site, better then having a meeting every 2 days so he can report progress. he can give a lay out on tuesday and then we can yaa or naa it. i think that most will like it though, chris put alot of time into this one.
Shad, what I'm proposing is that the Board meet prior to the club meeting to work this out, this would be a closed meeting for Board members only.
We all want this project to proceed in a timely fashion. The fact is the Board has not reviewed any new course plans and until that happens I fear that there will be no progress made concerning this issue.
i in no way hi-jacked the process i was following through with what the board decided ( the way i understood it along with two of the other four that were there at the time) if things need to change that is something that can be adressed at the meeting. i am however quite insulted by the accusations and dissapointed with the way the were publicly made.
This diagreement is an example of why we need more "process" in our process. People have different interpetations/expectations of the discussions. Discussions are not votes or motions. When does a meeting adjourn? Which discussions are on the record? What motions or votes are on the record? It is a tedious procedure, but our clarity will avoid these misunderstandings, and provide a format for the future.
I agree, i am trying to follow through with what i understood my job to be if what i am doing is wrong we can adress it at the meeting but i will proceed untill that point (especially when i have the support of the majority of those present when the original decision was made)
... a Spokane Disc Golf Association Board meeting sooner than Dec. 8 at 5pm to discuss this. I was under the impression that the Board/Bored had the final say, which as always gives us each one vote. Do we really want this going on, on the public forum: I make a motion that the Board meets Sunday at the Season Ticket at 6pm to iron this out.
As a member in good standing I second Bobs motion (as agreed upon by vote) that the "proposed" re-design of Downriver DGC plans should be presented beforehand to the setting board members for review.
This clearly is a good idea to have it a couple of days early to still have some room to work things out. If Sunday is to soon then the pre "Open meeting" is crucial for the process to really move forward.
Like the rest of DG, There are rules and procedures that need to be followed to ensure everyone gets their input.
side note Fortunately because of the weather in Spokane lately the actual work will be several weeks if not not months away.