Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• downriver course design

any one wanting to submit a design for the new downriver layout can do so
    the only requirements is that there are no crossing fairways and please take safety and the vegetation into account.
    all designs must be submitted to Bob Perrewe at bobperrewe@hotmail.com
    by our next club meeting on nov 10
    bob will foreward all designs anonymously on to me to look over and we will diside on one design by the end of nov.

one week left

Comment

I want to know if we can clear out some trees to make new fairways or what? I have some idea's that could make some nice holes with a few trees here and there moved out of the way.
      I said whippet, whippet good.

Comment

The only thing I would like to see @ Downriver is some par 4 holes. There is the length and amount of land that would be required. I'd love to see a combination of old 7 and 8 into one hole.

I'd also love to see the return of hole 6 but we all know that it interferes with so many things that it'll never happen.
        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

If Hole 5 goes away I'll be one happy camper

Comment

the layout for downriver is almost done( just need to find exact spots for the tees and pins but the overall layout has been picked)
            i should have some maps in time for the meeting so you all can check it out.

Comment

Whats the style of the new layout?

Is it supposed to be more beginner friendly, a more challenging course, something with alts for both, or what?
              We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

it will be quite difficult with some very technical shots as well as a few long holes(450-600) hole 5 is the only remaining hole from the original layout
                i will have alt pin possitions for for all the holes.(those might not be put in now but hopefully in the spring)
                depending on the weather and what everyone want we could possibly change the course mid dec.
                thanks to all who submitted designs( we are actually using a combination of three)

Comment

Sounds good, I'm pumped to try it out.
                  We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

the layout is ready and is looking pretty sweet
                    hope everyone can throw straight

Comment

Wait, does this mean you guys moved all the baskets for the new design or the new design is ready to but into play? It'd be frickin sweet to play new Downriver before the snow.

Any chance at getting a map posted up here so us non club members have a guide for the new layout?

And what is the SDGA membership costing these days?
                      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                      Cleveland Brown

Comment

Downriver reconfiguration

The SDGA Board has not seen the new layout yet, or approved it. Until that happens there will be no changes made. It is however our intention to create a new layout before Spring next year.
                        Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

The final design will be approved and maps will be given out at the meeting.
                          i was going to let the rest of the board see the best two designs but since none of the designs met the criteria i had to combine a few different layouts,
                          the board voted to have me make the final desision so its just a formality of presenting the design at this point.
                          depending on the weather we could move everything mid dec.

Comment

Originally posted by catalystdg View Post
                            any one wanting to submit a design for the new downriver layout can do so
                            the only requirements is that there are no crossing fairways and please take safety and the vegetation into account.
                            all designs must be submitted to Bob Perrewe at bobperrewe@hotmail.com
                            by our next club meeting on nov 10
                            bob will foreward all designs anonymously on to me to look over and we will diside on one design by the end of nov.
                            At the Board meeting on Oct. 6th the decision was made to move forward with this design search. The plan was to have Chris review the submitted plans and refer (in his opinion) the stronger of the designs back to the Board for consideration. The Board was then going to do one of two things: either reach a conclusion on a design outright and adopt it, or present its conclusions and /or recommendations back to the membership. There was by no means any suggestion or instruction from the Board that Chris was to take over the entire plan process. The Board is still waiting for Chris to do what it appointed him to do; recommend two or three of the 5 designs submitted for it to consider and move forward from there. Moving forward would include disscusing and approving the scope of work and estimating what costs would be incurred.

Comment