Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. The shot didn't really change but the bush that's right near the pin is going to be completely destroyed. This bush is what made the other pin a good shot.
    2 is a good pin spot except that the city said in no way are we allowed to have it there. It is forbidden because of erosion issues. Putting it here puts us in line of sight with huge trouble with our parks department.
    4. Takes the fear out of the hole. I can see that erosion may have an issue with this but it's going to to constantly be an issue for that hole as it sits on a sandy based hill side with no support.
    5. Good shot, easier, green needs some work. Too easy to be super close to the hole and not have a look.
    6. very easy for a RBH. Not interesting
    7. I like this new pad placement. It is a par 4 and it seems to be a little safer maybe. The real problem is that when you leave this pad be watching for discs hyzering at your DOME!
    8. Weird how my bad shots used t end up there but now I can't get my good shots t land there.. yet. Won't take long. Not as god as the original but you have to hit a line.
    9. Takes care of all the erosion issues and makes it a scoring hole. I might have left it 30 feet longer just to keep it a big arm birdie .. I wish it could be nearer the water(bank) But I understand the move and it's still a golf hole.
    10. It seems like ten didn't need to be moved at all and I can't say that I really like this change. It reduces the birdies with out making it any harder which will make it a non scoring hole. Sure people will 2 sometimes, but less will 4 it. I won't even try to deuce it unless I get a big skip on my drive after getting through the trees. It will make me play a safer shot off the tee in order to play for 3. It becomes a par 3.5 with less scoring variation. Nice thing is I don't lose strokes by playing for 3.
    13. Can't really really even see how this spot got picked..
    14. No fairway there right now, with some trees getting beat up it could be a decent hole. It really makes it a really easy thumber/tomahawk but not a good shot otherwise.
    17. is a good shot but moving it right increases the risk of people getting hit on 18.
    18. would be good if some trees were cut down, poke and pray.
    This sort of work is supposed to be cleared from the city first and it wasn't. That to me is the most egregious issue with the whole project.
    Relax and enjoy your hair
    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

^^#3 was moved as well. it is now halfway down the hillside(to the left of the old basket about 30 feet) outside of the log that was protecting it. there is now a direct line for putts to hit the basket, and roll all the way into the river for the unlucky. Also everyone is gonna be throwing their drives left on that hole now, making a very dangerous situation for #4 teepad and bench if someones shot flys way past the basket. terrible decision to move the basket there. it takes the log that protected the basket out of play completely.

Comment

That is actually the old spot for the hole if it's in the middle of the hill.
        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Northsidedallin View Post
          ^^#3 was moved as well. it is now halfway down the hillside(to the left of the old basket about 30 feet) outside of the log that was protecting it. there is now a direct line for putts to hit the basket, and roll all the way into the river for the unlucky. Also everyone is gonna be throwing their drives left on that hole now, making a very dangerous situation for #4 teepad and bench if someones shot flys way past the basket. terrible decision to move the basket there. it takes the log that protected the basket out of play completely.
          Exactly my thoughts!
          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
            Exactly my thoughts!
            My suspicions were confirmed today. The group behind us parked two of their three drives thrown on hole 3, on #4's teebox.. one of them actually landed infront of the pad right as i was teeing off. It almost took out my ankles.

WATCH YOUR HEADS WHEN YOU ARE TEEING OFF ON HOLE 4. DRIVES FROM BEHIND YOU ON HOLE 3 ARE HAZARDOUS AND CAN TAKE YOU OUT.
            BEWARE!!

Comment

Anyone have a map of all the new locations yet? It would help visualize the issues and help those who haven't played DR since winter set in.

Comment

Originally posted by bstullis View Post
                Anyone have a map of all the new locations yet? It would help visualize the issues and help those who haven't played DR since winter set in.
                New Tee-signs are in the works and should be up before the DRRO.
                Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                  New Tee-signs are in the works and should be up before the DRRO.
                  are those the SAME ones that were paid for 3 THREE years and still not up !

Comment

Originally posted by psychodwarf View Post
                    are those the SAME ones that were paid for 3 THREE years and still not up !
                    They are updated to have both A&B position with parks&rec and parks foundation attribution. Totally your call if you want to keep angrily calling them the ones from 3years ago. Regardless, they are going up!
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by Simmeltron View Post
                      They are updated to have both A&B position with parks&rec and parks foundation attribution. Totally your call if you want to keep angrily calling them the ones from 3years ago. Regardless, they are going up!
                      I am not angrily calling them anything. Dana, I am stating FACTS .!Bob and the sdga WAS paid for NEW tee signs with company's logos, the sdga took THE MONEY and NEVER PUT THE SIGNS UP ! Now 3 three years later the sdga decides to put up NEW tee signs .B.T.W Dana , bob and the sdga have been telling people for 5 years now they will put up alt pins .Spokane Parks and Rec get a new boss and he wants things in order, the sdga put in new pin placements and new tee pads to conform to what the CITY asked them to do a few years ago . Dana, I and a few others are more then disappointed with the sdga ,they have gotten cheap on tournament prizes, they have done NO work to downriver in 3 years, they focus on 1(one) tournament a year AND it benefits a private person NOT the club. When I started being a club member 5 years ago I WAS as nave as you are about the sdga I was proven wrong this club DOES not care about the players or the disc golfers in Spokane , it is and always will be about how much MONEY they can line their pockets from the players ..B.T.W. Dana has gordy given you money yet to PAY for new members he did to me when I was a board member he told me "go find people to NOT vote for jeff crum " if this is not corrupt. WHAT IS ?

Comment

I am not angrily calling them anything. Dana, I am stating FACTS .!Bob and the sdga WAS paid for NEW tee signs with company's logos, the sdga took THE MONEY and NEVER PUT THE SIGNS UP ! Now 3 three years later the sdga decides to put up NEW tee signs .B.T.W Dana , bob and the sdga have been telling people for 5 years now they will put up alt pins .Spokane Parks and Rec get a new boss and he wants things in order, the sdga put in new pin placements and new tee pads to conform to what the CITY asked them to do a few years ago . Dana, I and a few others are more then disappointed with the sdga ,they have gotten cheap on tournament prizes, they have done NO work to downriver in 3 years, they focus on 1(one) tournament a year AND it benefits a private person NOT the club. When I started being a club member 5 years ago I WAS as nave as you are about the sdga I was proven wrong this club DOES not care about the players or the disc golfers in Spokane , it is and always will be about how much MONEY they can line their pockets from the players ..B.T.W. Dana has gordy given you money yet to PAY for new members he did to me when I was a board member he told me "go find people to NOT vote for jeff crum " if this is not corrupt. WHAT IS ?
                        We are all entitled to our own opinion and can freely share it. More power to you with yours there. I have my own. I am also too busy to fight about it on these forums. It is pointless and counterproductive. I invite any and all to the club meetings to learn firsthand what is going on. Or talk to us out on the courses. Reading what is posted on these forums, and accepting them as fact, is a dangerous and ill informed thing.

Your statements are clearly influenced with discontent for the club that has built up over the years. I am sorry that they are where they are now. Instead of looking at past mistakes and continually berating everybody for them, I would challenge any to the task to step up and actually do something productive to change it. You clearly worked very hard for the good of the people, Joe. I applaud and thank you for that immensely. That is what I intend to do myself looking into the future. Learn from experience, good and bad. Personally, I see a group of dedicated individuals who are VOLUNTEERING their time and efforts to maintain something that nobody else apparently is willing to do, yet simply expect it to be done. I, for one, am not about to criticize somebody for this hard work just as I never would you for the work you did. Until I see this corruption you speak of, I cannot accept it as fact.

P.S. If people have actually worked to be deceitful and line their pockets in the process, boy howdy have they chosen the wrong sport hahaha.
                        -

Comment

Flame on Joe, all I ever lined my pockets with was beer caps and cigarette butts from the courses.
                          Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

..B.T.W. Dana has gordy given you money yet to PAY for new members he did to me when I was a board member he told me "go find people to NOT vote for jeff crum " if this is not corrupt. WHAT IS ?
                            Jeff is gone now. How many club members registered and voted this year?
                            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

..B.T.W. Dana has gordy given you money yet to PAY for new members he did to me when I was a board member he told me "go find people to NOT vote for jeff crum " if this is not corrupt. WHAT IS ?
                              I've heard of this before too.. rather interesting... I wonder how many members that have consistently "SIGNED UP" for some reason or another chose not to this year?????
                              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X