X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tim View Post
    I only played Sylmar once and that was before I was as serious about DG as I am now...I'm thinking it was 2003-2004? I don't think it was pay to play then (at least I don't recall paying anything) and I wasn't that impressed with it from what I remember, has it changed since then? One of my friends moved down there briefly and said it was a cool course though, so I'd like to see it again.

The Ventura course is sweet though (actually Ojai), and it's pay to play, but well worth it. My favorite course in So-Cal. I don't know where you're staying in LA, but depending on your location, it's not exactly a quick drive to get there. I'd definitely recommend going, but it might not be feasible to squeeze in two courses in one day.
    What you remember as a course is no longer the course......
    Those grounds SUCK... It is built on the former grounds of the VA Hospital that was destroyed in the '71 earthquake so there are no sprinkler systems as in the upper portions of the park.
    The Rico's & Gary Sandoval have a contract with the City and have used thier own $ to completely redesign the course, set up a Pro Shop, etc.
    I know that the park was closed for an Arson Investigation but that was months ago. Im sure its open again by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

Sorry... Chavez Ridge. I didn't think that they were gonna let me throw from home plate to see if I could reach a bullpen...

The outfield grass maybe.....

Comment

Yeah... the way I am playing lately... maybe.

Ya think we can take that $12 you owe me (Go Dodgers! Thank you, Manny!) and turn them into you teaching me how to throw beyond 200'?
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          The Ventura course is sweet though (actually Ojai), and it's pay to play, but well worth it. My favorite course in So-Cal. I don't know where you're staying in LA, but depending on your location, it's not exactly a quick drive to get there. I'd definitely recommend going, but it might not be feasible to squeeze in two courses in one day.
          The Ventura course I am talking about is a temp course right across from the DoubleTree and around the corner from In-n-Out. It's set up for weeklies and other special occasions, apparently. The Ojai course might have to wait for a future trip, though I will be up in that area as I will be in the Thousand Oaks/Westlake Village area.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post

There are MULTIPLE 9 hole courses spead thruout the LA basin that are very similar to that one. Most have been in the ground for nearly 30 yrs and were some of the earliest EVER installed.

They actually used that course for a Junior Worlds 15 yrs ago or so.
            You should have gone to La Mirada..Its only 10mins away..

Man that sucsk .. i emailed the southern california DG association several times over about a 2 month period prior to leaving for D-land. they never returned an email. I had asked them for suggestions where to go and if they knew anyone who could show me around for an hour or two. no reply 8(

Comment

Shoulda checked DGCourseReview.com.
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                Shoulda checked DGCourseReview.com.

As well as the PDGA Course Directory at pdga.com

Its as good a resource as there is...some info "might" be a little out of date but Cliff Towne has done an EXCELLENT job at keeping it up to date.

Comment

I grew up down there. Nothing much can make me go back. (but if I went, I'd take my bag).
                  The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                  ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
                    As well as the PDGA Course Directory at pdga.com

Its as good a resource as there is...some info "might" be a little out of date but Cliff Towne has done an EXCELLENT job at keeping it up to date.
                    But name one thing the PDGA course directory can tell you that DGCourseReview.com can't.
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X