Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc Golf in Elma, WA? (Grays Harbor Hostel)

I was on my way to Cape Disappointment state park this summer and drove by a fun looking DGC along side of Hwy 8 in Elma, WA. Unfortunately we were rushing to get to our campground before dark and didn't have time to stop.

Has anybody heard of/played this course?? http://www.ghhostel.com/

Edit: Just found its DGCReview.com page
    Last edited by Simmeltron; October 28th, 2011, 11:14 AM.
    -

Yep. Fun little home course.. I played it about 2 years ago, luckily the owner Jay was there and showed me around and gave me the history of the course... Great spot to stretch the legs on a long drive.. Pets are welcome, just clean up after them.. And always thank Jay and donate to keep the upkeep possible.
    "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
    PDGA # 42821
    Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

Fun little course which requires accuracy over power. Lots of birds but be warned that after a hard rain the lower area drains very poorly. It is very wet and soggy but worth the effort. I found myself using kc aviars, buzzz's, valk and fbird. DGCR has more info and reviews.
      "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
      -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
        Fun little course which requires accuracy over power. Lots of birds but be warned that after a hard rain the lower area drains very poorly. It is very wet and soggy but worth the effort. I found myself using kc aviars, buzzz's, valk and fbird. DGCR has more info and reviews.
        Jay has been working on the drainage issues for the course. It is a very low lying area, so it will always be susceptible to flooding, but he has done a bunch of dredging and lowered a culvert to help water flow through instead of puddling. Its as dry out there as it has ever been!

And just like Rolly said, don't forget to donate a couple bucks to help the cause.
        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Right on thanks for the info everybody. I will be sure and plan to play there my next trip through!
          -

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X