Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc Golf in Elma, WA? (Grays Harbor Hostel)

I was on my way to Cape Disappointment state park this summer and drove by a fun looking DGC along side of Hwy 8 in Elma, WA. Unfortunately we were rushing to get to our campground before dark and didn't have time to stop.

Has anybody heard of/played this course?? http://www.ghhostel.com/

Edit: Just found its DGCReview.com page
    Last edited by Simmeltron; October 28th, 2011, 10:14 AM.
    SDGA PR Guy.... bringing the Public to the Relations... or the Relations to the Public?

Yep. Fun little home course.. I played it about 2 years ago, luckily the owner Jay was there and showed me around and gave me the history of the course... Great spot to stretch the legs on a long drive.. Pets are welcome, just clean up after them.. And always thank Jay and donate to keep the upkeep possible.
    "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
    PDGA # 42821
    Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

Fun little course which requires accuracy over power. Lots of birds but be warned that after a hard rain the lower area drains very poorly. It is very wet and soggy but worth the effort. I found myself using kc aviars, buzzz's, valk and fbird. DGCR has more info and reviews.
      "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
      -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
        Fun little course which requires accuracy over power. Lots of birds but be warned that after a hard rain the lower area drains very poorly. It is very wet and soggy but worth the effort. I found myself using kc aviars, buzzz's, valk and fbird. DGCR has more info and reviews.
        Jay has been working on the drainage issues for the course. It is a very low lying area, so it will always be susceptible to flooding, but he has done a bunch of dredging and lowered a culvert to help water flow through instead of puddling. Its as dry out there as it has ever been!

And just like Rolly said, don't forget to donate a couple bucks to help the cause.
        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Right on thanks for the info everybody. I will be sure and plan to play there my next trip through!
          SDGA PR Guy.... bringing the Public to the Relations... or the Relations to the Public?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X