X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Course(s) near Redondo Beach, CA?

My wife and I will be heading down to the Redondo Beach area at the end of the month and I am wondering if there are any "must play" courses nearby? Unfortunately for me disc golf is not the priority of this trip but I will be bringing some (but not all of my discs) and would like to hit 1 or 2 of the top courses in the area within say, an easy half hour drive. Will also be heading down towards San Diego as well but breweries will get more attention than disc golf (but if you have any suggestions on courses I'll listen) - get to go to Stone Brewing, Port/Lost Abbey Brewing, and Green Flash Brewing. Super excited. Thanks for any insight.

Sir, you will be in Los Angeles. A half-hour drive might get you around the block....

La Mirada is about as close as there is. Fortunately, I think it is a can't-miss course. Looks like about 29 miles from Redondo. Google says 42 minutes. Good luck. Map can be found at the on-site pro shop. Here is a link to the PDGA page about this course:
    http://www.pdga.com/course_directory...-regional-park

Have fun.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Thanks for the info. I got to play the front 9 of the Championship layout just after the Golden State Classic a few years back. Definitely a cool place. Looks like it also happens to be right in the way when we will be heading to Montclaire - that's convenient! I might have to make that happen.

Any other recommendations for me to consider?

Comment

Morley in San Diego, and Emerald isle in Oceanside...
        It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.sigpicJohn Wooden

Comment

Emerald Isle is gone
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Truthfully, you're next best bet would be Pasadena or Sylmar, I think. Both of those would be ane hour or more - potentially two. And if you go that far, head up the coast to play the course at Lake Casitas outside of Ojai.

Have fun. Let us know what you find.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

H.B. !

Comment

Ridgecrest in Palos Verdes (est. 1975) is the best course in L.A. county. Unfortunately I cannot be there to show it to you.
                "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

Originally posted by The Ombudsman View Post
                  Ridgecrest in Palos Verdes (est. 1975) is the best course in L.A. county. Unfortunately I cannot be there to show it to you.
                  Thanks for the info but I don't see that listed on the PDGA directory for the state of California, nor do I find it when I look at Palos Verdes specifically. Palos Verdes looks to be very close to Redondo Beach as well so that would be a nice one to find. How about Eldorado Park? I think I have heard good things about that one.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
                    My wife and I will be heading down to the Redondo Beach area at the end of the month and I am wondering if there are any "must play" courses nearby? Unfortunately for me disc golf is not the priority of this trip but I will be bringing some (but not all of my discs) and would like to hit 1 or 2 of the top courses in the area within say, an easy half hour drive. Will also be heading down towards San Diego as well but breweries will get more attention than disc golf (but if you have any suggestions on courses I'll listen) - get to go to Stone Brewing, Port/Lost Abbey Brewing, and Green Flash Brewing. Super excited. Thanks for any insight.
                    La Mirada, Huntington Beach, El Dorado (Closest to Redondo)....

Morley is all there is IN San Diego, Play EARLY in the day if you go. It gets VERY busy.
                    Just North (Oceanside) there is a newer course on a Ball Golf Course called Goat Hill (check PDGA directory) with very reasonable rates.

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone but I settled on El Dorado Park in Long Beach. Easy enough to get to in a nice park with nice shade trees all over. Easy to follow layout, not too difficult but still enjoyable. It was the easy walk in the park with some disc throwing that my wife and I were looking for. I only had 5 discs of my usual 25 in my bag and my wife only had 3 and we weren't looking for any competition golf. Course doesn't seem like it would be great for a tournament but would be good for learning multiple shots, especially rollers of which I threw none. Good time though and TONS of exceptional beer - none of that wussy yellow beer. If you are ever in Carlsbad and want good pizza and beer you must stop by Pizza Port

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X