Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about Schweitzer Mtn DGC and/or Silver Mtn DGC??

Hello,
    I am trying to hit all my local'ish courses and have Schweitzer (and now Silver Mt) on my radar. I was just wondering why there is not a permanent folder for these courses in the Northern Id section?
    -

Because none are worth playing. Have played all 3 in the past - Silver just last summer - and all are a waste of time unless you are already gonna be there. I have even tried contacting people at both to no avail. Just go play Farragut instead, you'll thank yourself. I have heard rumors of a course in Sandpoint though, been meaning to look into that.

Comment

I heard about that same course in Sandpoint. What I don't understand is if it's public or private. Sandpoint would be an awesome town to have a course in. I can just imagine all the possibilities of risk reward shots down by the water.
      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
        Because none are worth playing. Have played all 3 in the past - Silver just last summer - and all are a waste of time unless you are already gonna be there. I have even tried contacting people at both to no avail. Just go play Farragut instead, you'll thank yourself. I have heard rumors of a course in Sandpoint though, been meaning to look into that.
        Thanks for the info... I emailed Silver and they said they have 9 holes ready to play but yeah i wasn't sure if it was quality or not. Schweitzer's website said they have both the top 9 and the bottom 9 courses up and ready to play which sounded more promising but yeah again I wasn't sure.

Made it to Farragut for the first time a couple weekends ago and of course was blown away. Didn't have time to hit A.W.O.L. but that will be on the list for next time.

I will update this if I make it to Silver or Schweitzer...
        -

Comment

When I played the top course at Schweitzer a couple years ago it cost $10 for a lift ticket up to play a crappy, poorly designed 9 hole course that was SHORT! Hole average was probably 200 feet. The bottom is much longer and more difficult but still poor design but was also free.

Silver cost $17 to ride the Gondola up and it was 9 crappy holes on temp baskets.

Combine your money that you would spend to play each, add a little extra and just get a Idaho State Parks Pass to go play Farragut as much as you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Simmeltron View Post
            Thanks for the info... I emailed Silver and they said they have 9 holes ready to play but yeah i wasn't sure if it was quality or not. Schweitzer's website said they have both the top 9 and the bottom 9 courses up and ready to play which sounded more promising but yeah again I wasn't sure.

Made it to Farragut for the first time a couple weekends ago and of course was blown away. Didn't have time to hit A.W.O.L. but that will be on the list for next time.

I will update this if I make it to Silver or Schweitzer...
            Going to Farragut and not playing Double Black Diamond(awol) is like taking a trip to Rome and just ordering a pizza!
            Relax and enjoy your hair
            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
              I heard about that same course in Sandpoint. What I don't understand is if it's public or private. Sandpoint would be an awesome town to have a course in. I can just imagine all the possibilities of risk reward shots down by the water.
              The course in Sandpoint is a blast. It is on college land, but open to the public. My only complaint was that it was a bit difficult to find my way around. They didn't have permanent signs up marking what hole was what when we went out there last year. And several of their temp signs had fallen down or blown away. Very nice course, though. We will be making that trip again this summer.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X