X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me anything about Mt. Tabor

I always love playing new course and would love to throw this on my list but cant find anything anywhere...

Any help?
    If you throw just for fun, you wait for the sun.:yay:
    But if you love the game, who cares if there is rain!!!:trophy:

Originally posted by Matthew Morris View Post
    I always love playing new course and would love to throw this on my list but cant find anything anywhere...

Any help?
    There is an ummarked object course there.

Which begs the question - if a course has no baskets, tees, or signs is it really a course?

Comment

It depends if you are a ninja or not.
      Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post

Which begs the question - if a course has no baskets, tees, or signs is it really a course?

its marked you just have to know where to look...

so i say yes its still a course, as much as you can go to any "public" piece of property and throw at trees and make a course up.
        "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
          its marked you just have to know where to look...

so i say yes its still a course, as much as you can go to any "public" piece of property and throw at trees and make a course up.
          I had some nice mini disc golf holes set up on Mt Tabor once or twice...

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
          Remain ye men of faculty complete,
          Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
          Attending to our noble bond and contract?
          Or does here stand the last remaining man
          To give a fig for rules and order yet,
          No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
          Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
          Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Someone told me yesterday that a big chunk of the Tabor "course" is now a dog park. Of course, he may have been referring to a different unmarked "course."
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

ok, so it is unmarked to the naked eye but were do i start and how does it flow if i want to play it, is there some sort of treasure map i need to find first because i want to know were to look...

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Morris View Post
                ok, so it is unmarked to the naked eye but were do i start and how does it flow if i want to play it, is there some sort of treasure map i need to find first because i want to know were to look...
                ok so Wed. is the best day because the park is closed to car traffic and that pretty much frees up the park except for a few locals, except today is not a good day 4 me to show you around the standard 18 hole layout...

However if you want i believe that i could show you around next week...unless i find employment between now and then.

i usually park @ 69th & Yamhill

as far as the Dog area i know where there used to be leash off areas not sure if they have added any new 1's though?

Comment

Wha wait....Mt Tabor has a disc golf course??? I used to hike that park all the time and never saw such a thing!

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
                    ok so Wed. is the best day because the park is closed to car traffic and that pretty much frees up the park except for a few locals, except today is not a good day 4 me to show you around the standard 18 hole layout...

However if you want i believe that i could show you around next week...unless i find employment between now and then.

i usually park @ 69th & Yamhill

as far as the Dog area i know where there used to be leash off areas not sure if they have added any new 1's though?

Oh oh would you show me too?? 8)

Comment

Originally posted by softwinterwhispers View Post
                      Oh oh would you show me too?? 8)

i suppose... shall we say start around 10:30ish

ok Matt u in? who else wants to join? lets make a mini gathering of it.

Comment

This.... sounds really awesome. I have a crazy free form schedule, and I know I haven't met y'all before, so I don't know if I can make it but I would love to see this. I am likely moving into SE soon so it would be nice to know a local course. Cheers.

Comment

I am in absolutely, this should be fun... 10:30 works great!!!

Comment

is that a real question?

Originally posted by Scott View Post

Of course it's a course!
                            Grassroots and love of the game baby!
                            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                            - Anonymous

Comment

A course is a course, of course, of course... unless it's a 3 course meal with horse?

Woodland Park in Seattle is an unmarked tree course that has been played for decades... Probably a more significant 'course' than any of the basket courses in the city, as it was the first. It even had one of its holes on the cover of Disc Golfer magazine(or whatever it was called at the time). I would consider anything a 'course' as long as it's been played several times(and the tee/target are established)...
                              Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; April 15th, 2011, 09:44 AM.
                              Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X