• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save Disc Golf in San Francisco

Our brothers down south are going through a stressful time. I thought
    I would post this since I am on their email list. Cheers
    Greetings!

Disc Golf in San Francisco is being threatened. Certain members of the community have decided to organize against disc golf in San Francisco. This threatens not only the future McLaren course but also the future of the Golden Gate Golf Course. Our agreement with the city is set to expire next year on the Golden Gate Park course and we have to start working now to be in a position to renew this agreement.

WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!! If you want to continue to see disc golf in San Francisco you are going to need to get involved. And the best way to get involved is to attend the club meeting:

Wednesday June 9th, 2010 (Tomorrow)
    Club Deluxe
    1509 Haight (at Ashbury)
    7:00pm

I am not sure how to state this any more direct: If you want to see disc golf in San Francisco in the future you must attend this meeting. We will be looking for people who have a couple free hours who can step up and help out. There are numerous areas where we need people to take charge.

This is it! If you don't get involved now, it could be too late.

Sorry for two e-mails today, but this is serious enough that we need two e-mail.

If you can't attend the meeting but still want to get involved, please respond to this e-mail and let me know.

Sincerely,

Jeffery Bowling
    San Francisco Disc Golf Club
    PS. Don't forget to send a letter to the Parks Commissioners.

Send an E-mail to the Parks Commission at recpark.commission@sfgov.org

The opposition is working hard to make their voice heard with the Parks Commission, which has the final word on the disc golf in McLaren San Francisco. Please take a few minutes and write them an e-mail and let them know you would like to see a disc golf course in McLaren Park. Here is a sample letter, but we encourage you to send your own thoughts on why a course in McLaren would be a good thing. Please cc us at jeffery@sfdiscgolf.org

Dear Members of the Parks Commission,

I want to express my strong support for the disc golf course in McLaren park. Disc Golf is a great free activity that is popular with a wide variety of park users. I ask that you continue your support for this exciting addition to McLaren Park.

Sincerely,

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X