Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since your parents are not "the outdoor adventure types" they would want to hang out near the parking area at Stafford Lake. There are some really nice covered areas and benches that give some nice veiws of the Lake.
    Attempting to walk the course with you might be a bit more than they would want to do. You can find some great info at www.staffordlake.com

Enjoy the trip..........

Comment

last week in review

Stafford Lake -- Wow. And Mr. Ruzicka, I noticed your name on some signage around there... nice work, Sir, and thanks to all who recommended this gem. I was happy to finish +2 (6 over Pro Par) with 2 birdies... wish I could play there a couple times a month.

We stopped at the Red Curtain as well -- very cool, several memorable holes. And the TREES...!! Unfortunately, Skwid recently suffered a minor neck injury, so he's not able to golf right now, but he did stop by to chat me up and make sure I found someone to show me around. Nice guy, hope to see him again some day. Thanks for the hookup, 'Budsman.

Finding my caravan miraculously ahead of schedule Thursday morning, I managed to squeeze in a visit to Tom Pearce park in southern Oregon. Front 9 = meh, moderately technical; back 9 = awesome terrain. Really neat features -- mostly natural, one man-made (think floodplain: snarly rocks bursting from otherwise plush fairways, and a 150-ft long, 12-ft high cement remnant of what I assume was once a bridge, covered in aesthetic graffiti).

Great trip, great golf.

anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by killa View Post
        ...and a 150-ft long, 12-ft high cement remnant of what I assume was once a bridge, covered in aesthetic graffiti).
        I think it's a former dam -- and it's a mando to go through the arches!

Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by killa View Post
          Stafford Lake -- Wow. And Mr. Ruzicka, I noticed your name on some signage around there... nice work, Sir, and thanks to all who recommended this gem. I was happy to finish +2 (6 over Pro Par) with 2 birdies... wish I could play there a couple times a month.

Stafford Lake =

Yea, I REALLY miss that place....I and quite a few others have put ALOT of work into it.
          I have personally spent 100's of hours behind a PUSH mower keeping those fairways trimmed and playable. So many that I finally broke down and bought a riding mower, which the UFOS now have in their arsenal.
          Thankfully the Parks Dept has come around full circle and does MOST of the mowing with its tractor so only clean up is needed by the club.
          Im still waiting to get there and play off all those sweet concrete tees that have been added since I left.

Glad you got to experience it....

Comment

Can't wait for a dg vacation to Norcal next spring!
            Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Beachfront DG, Crescent City

Most of the 24 baskets (20?) have been installed at Beachfront. Every Sunday morning at 9:30 there's a low-key $5 tournament, alternating singles and random flip doubles. Here's Ron Cole throwing hole 21; tide's pretty high here.

Comment

Beachfront - Crescent City

And here's the view from teepad 20.

Comment

No wonder we couldnt find the holes when we were there. I would really like to know the lay out someday, we drive through often.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brodys View Post
                    No wonder we couldnt find the holes when we were there. I would really like to know the lay out someday, we drive through often.
                    Grin... I'm sorry, but I haven't yet figured out how to include my photo in the post. You'll have to click on the files I attached.

Comment

Dont know if anyone still checks this thread but, The Crescent City CA course, yes we do have baskets now!!! Anyone traveling through northern California on the coast should stop in and play!!! Awesome 24 hole course right on the waters edge. Hole 7, 17, 20 and 21 all can be affected by the ocean!! ( a few of them depending on tides) Wide open shots and lots of wind mixed with trees that catch discs..... so be prepared to climb a tree! Hole one located behind the old chain link baseball backstop at frontbeach park!! I live real close(2 blocks) & would love to play with anyone when they are in town!!!

Comment

Hope to make it through on our way to Nor Cal Championships. We will let you know. We would love to play this course in its entirety!

Comment

Here in Humboldt there are:

Redwood Park/HSU located above New HSU indoor arena. Our Original 18 hole course, due to the fact that there is three different properties the course is on, we do not have baskets on every hole. Front 10 is walkable and family friendly, back 8 is played along a large wooded hill side. Find a local that knows the course.

College of the Redwoods, our newest course. 18 baskets/cement tees. It is 1/2 a mile of highway 101, south Eureka. Park in eastern parking lot, below the football stadium, course is somewhat easy to follow.

For all other courses; Coopers Gulch, Pump Station, Manilla...these are more party corses. Crowded at times, muddy in the winter. Fieldbrook course is awesome, but a Safari if you will. You need a guide for Fieldbrook.

I would recommend the Par Infinity website....it isnt updated often, but it has directions to most courses down here.

Staford Lake is a must.

Ammon Ranch, outside of willow creek is awesome(need a guide, and sould probably camp because your not going to want to leave).

Highland Springs is Clear Lake is way cool, but very hot in the summer.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X