X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Conditions

High water this past weekend (Jan 3rd & 4th) made parts of the course unplayable. Even as the waters recede a few holes will continue to have seasonal water on them (4,5,6 & ...). There may well be a few on the back 10 that also have some water hazards.
    The course can still be played with casual water at reasonable levels you just need to be prepared for the water hazards and possibly skipping a couple of holes if the water is too high.

Is it just rainwater/runoff? I don't remember any bodies of water over there...
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
      Is it just rainwater/runoff? I don't remember any bodies of water over there...
      Yes just rainwater/snowmelt drainage.
      However the park is on the South Santiam river and it crested on Friday the 2nd at a level that exceeded the 1997 flood (listed as record since both dams upstream went operational in 1966) and it must have been higher than the 1996 flood which surprises me. Anyway with the park gates remaining open the river must not have flooded any of the park.

Comment

Course is Playable

All the standing water has dried up (for now) and work has been ongoing at the course. Three sets of stairs are now complete Hole 8 down from the elevated tee is one spot still in need of stairs, hopefully they are in the plans. Overall the course is in very good shape considering the tee areas are dirt as well as some fairways. Yes a few tees are slippery and there are a couple other slick spots on the walkouts. Five WDGC regulars spent all of Saturday afternoon on the course and had a great time. No lost discs, just one left behind and really we had little trouble locating any errant throws.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X