X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new layout for timber linn

This Saturday, December 19th @10 am, the disc golf course will be dug up and reconfigured to make it more funner. If you want to help, show up at the park. The new layout will begin with hole #1 teeing off next to the horseshoe pits. There will still be only 9 baskets, but we are planning to have it play forwards and backwards to make 18 unique holes. Teepads will still be natural, with no immediate plans for improvement.We hope to be finished by the end of the weekend, the more help, the more better.

Any updates on the new layout?
    Did the work party happen?
    Is there a new course map?

Comment

The work party happened and went very well. We got most of the baskets where there going to be and all of the tee signs are moved (so the info on the signs are wrong now except for the hole number). There are 18 tee pads for 9 baskets. 10 through 18 plays the first nine backwards.
      10 plays back to 8's basket and 18 finishes on basket one!.

No map yet but Dave has GPS points for the front nine. Hopefully it will be done soon.

Thanks for the interest. It's all ready to throw so come on out! Kirk just set the new course record at -4. It can go a lot lower.

Comment

We moved 5's basket and put in the permanent #6 so the back are (5, 6 &7) play the way we originally designed them. The only basket left to move is #1 and we'll be finished with the changes. Once we're done with that we'll Dave back out with his handy dandy GPS and we'll get a map of the new layout posted.

It's easy to find your way around without a map though if you just look around. 1-9 have tee signs and 10-18 are stakes in the ground with pink ribbon to make them easier to see.

Good luck! Hope to see you all out there throwing soon!

Comment

If you send me the GPS coordinates, I can quickly make a map for you.
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

That would rule. I think that may have been Daves plan. Now we just need to get him out there when he has a minute to spare.

Comment

New map is available: http://www.oregondiscgolf.com/course...mber_Linn.html
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

is there a courses in the ground there i am at the coast right now and looking for somewhere to play on the way back to portland on monday

Comment

We checked out the new layout today. It's still pretty wide-open, and moreover it's VERY swampy at the moment. Murray, you'd be better off with Adair, Dallas, or McMinnville if you want something on the way back from the coast.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

thank mate do thay have tee pads i dont mind getting muddy

Comment

Originally posted by murray the brit View Post
                      thank mate do thay have tee pads i dont mind getting muddy
                      No, no tee pads at all. Just a lot of very wet grass, mud, and standing water.
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X