X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timber Linn makeover

I've heard rumors in the past about a Timber-Linn makeover. Something along the lines of an increase to 18 holes that would utilize some of the tournament holes in the fields behind the park.

Any chance of this becoming a reality, or is it dead?

Timber Linn is in a holding pattern for now. When the city of Albany has money again, the plan is to bridges in the back to link to the other side of the park. When this happens, we will be there to put in the back nine.

Comment

Can it be made over to not be in a flood plain?

Comment

That's what we're hoping for, but not very much of it stays dry in the winter.

Comment

Any updates on Timber Linn?

The course really needs new Tee signs.

Comment

Timber linn tee signs are next in line behind simpson park. When timber linn dries out in the spring, we will go through it and resign it again.

Comment

Timber Linn is my home course and it's painful to see so much great space not used. Particularly in the north end--east of the lake. Lets stick some bridges in and make Timber linn an excellent 18 hole course! I understand Albany Parks needs some money, but come on, how cool would that be!!! I'd poop my pants for some bridges!

Comment

Originally posted by extramontana View Post
                Timber Linn is my home course and it's painful to see so much great space not used. Particularly in the north end--east of the lake. Lets stick some bridges in and make Timber linn an excellent 18 hole course! I understand Albany Parks needs some money, but come on, how cool would that be!!! I'd poop my pants for some bridges!
                Make it happen! It starts with someone who is passionate about the project to drive the change.

Start by getting involved with the Albany disc golf club. They'll know contacts with the Albany Parks Dept and know of any plans that are in the works.

Comment

The city will not be building any bridges any time soon at Timber-Linn. Trust me when I tell you we keep asking.
                  There will be bridges eventually when Parks moves into the final stage of it's "10 year plan." However with the way the budget sits right now it could be a while.

By the Mr. Montana.....you're right. Timber-Linn does make a great 18 hole course. We set it up that way almost every year as part of the Calapooia Classic and it's a blast! We just play through the amphitheater since Parks gives us the run of the place for our tournaments!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X