X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simpson Park

The Simpson park disc golf course in Albany, OR is now reopened. There are six holes of disc golf for your enjoyment. The course is marked with orange flags for teesigns and red metal tone poles for the targets. The layout is exactly the same as before, but for only six holes. There is a map of the course at the kiosk at Simpson park.

Wow, that's a suprise. Way to go, Albany.

What are the future plans for this park? More holes? teepads and baskets?

Comment

Are there still basket anchors in the ground from when this course had baskets?

Comment

Re: Simpson

Originally posted by Vector_2008 View Post
        Are there still basket anchors in the ground from when this course had baskets?
        The course has never had anchors/permanent baskets but we hope to have anchors installed before next winter (2010/11).
        Currently the six hole loop consists of holes 1,2,3,4,5,12 with hole 4's tee moved so that you are not throwing across the lake/swamp as before. The goal for 2010 is to get all 12 original holes open again but that will take quite a bit of work.
        The park is mostly undeveloped per say but has been on the drawing board for further development. If the City of Albany carries through with proposed improvements to the park then we might be able to expand the course to a loop versus the out and back.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I would like to give the course a try, but the weather doesn't look good this week. I'll probably hit up all the local Albany courses when I get down there.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X