X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simpson Course Status

Does anyone know if this course still exists? It was a lot of fun when I played it in the Oregon Series in 2004 but I have heard nothing about it since then, I don't think.

Anyone down there got the 411?
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Simpson Closed

Simpson is no longer playable. There are still a few tone poles out there but they have basically been reclaimed by blackberries. Several tones were pulled and used at Bryant Park this spring/summer.
    The City of Albany has plans to expand its sewage treatment plant into the south end of the park. For the time being the course has been shelved, but there are plans to resurrect the course in the future.

Comment

Thanks, Dave. This was one of my favorite courses early on though I only got to play it a handful of times. I would say that with some work, the course could easily be a top ten in the state.

Please keep us informed if there is anything we can do to help.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

The new stage of the treatment plant is about 2/3 of the way to completion. This new treatment stage is a "Talking Gardens" and it's intent is to cool the water after treatment to river temp before releasing it.

There are 4 or 5 waterfalls and an abundance of walking paths. We're checking with the city to see if we might be able to use some of this area for a hole or two.

Regardless of how that works out expect big changes from the course you've seen out there in the past. The work has opened a big section of the park we've never been able to access before and we intend to make use of it!

In the mean time...I'll be back out at Simpson to clear up the holes that we DO have out there. There are only 6 right now but fun to play. I'm hoping to have them cleared out by the end of this month.

Comment

Nice Job Scott & Jeromie!

The DGCA has been working on the Simpson Park course and the 6 tone poles that 'never' left are now playable again. We hope to reclaim some of the old holes and will do so in groups of two. The next two will be difficult but that shouldn't stop the Albany crew.

Comment

Sipson park is now open for business. There are now 8 playable holes, with 2 baskets and metal tones for the rest. The layout for the eight is the same as before. There are no signs yet, but we're working on it. This park stays dry and playable through most of the winter. Enjoy.

Comment

Played Simpson on Sunday.

We played at least 7 holes that we could find. Going by the map we played 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 12.
              You guys in Albany have done a ton of work removing all types of vegetation. Well Done.

Hopefully the course gets played more often and keep all that green stuff beat down.

Comment

http://www.oregondiscgolf.com/course...Park_2011.html
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Yeah Simpson Park

Thanks again Adam for your help with the course map.

We have eight holes playable (6 tones & 2 baskets). Also 5 of the holes are exactly the same as their originals (1,2,3,6,12) with 3 holes modified a little (5, 7, 11). Original hole 4 has been removed.
                  Scott is hoping to remark the course this week to help with navigation. With hole 4 removed there is a long walkout to the other side of the lake after hole 3.

Comment

Hey, that's all the holes I played Sunday.
                    Good job with the map Adam.

Comment

Dave, should #7 (old #11) be a dog-leg left like on the old map?
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

No the dogleg has been removed. Scott & Jeromie extended the hole toward old #4's pin location.

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                        Dave, should #7 (old #11) be a dog-leg left like on the old map?

Comment

So are they all more-or-less straight now? Let me know if you want any bends added to the map.
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I love that Simpson is now playable :-) I only have time in my schedule to play on my lunch and timber linn is just too wet. Ive played simpson at least 20 times in the last month or so and i love it. New terrain is always good. I've almost holed 5 and 3 twice now :-) and my buddy has lost 2 discs with 1 return and also found Scotts disc lol Great work guys....wish I could have more time to help with improvements. Love wht you do!

Comment

What's the word on this course right now, just curious?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X