X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keizer conditions, June 2011?

What's it like down there? Flooded? Playable? Mostly playable?
    Oregon disc golf map

It's only flooded in one spot along hole 18. But it's so overgrown an no maps so it's hard to find tees or baskets. Tees are not market for what hole they Are.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
      What's it like down there? Flooded? Playable? Mostly playable?

The course is not to bad. 13, 15 and 16 have a lot scotch broom that can be a pain. We have a work party schedule for the 25th of June to deal with that.

If you know the course and you can control your drives, you'll do fine playing the course.
      If you don't know the course, just print a map and you'll still do fine. Leave your green discs at home.
      Last edited by Vector_2008; September 22nd, 2011, 09:24 PM.

Comment

I just got back from Salem. #18 at Keizer is indeed flooded, but there's a path along the left side to get around it.

Overall, the vegetation in the open areas (including poison oak) is kinda out of control. I remember now that my affection for that course is a result of playing it in March, not June.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Yeah, just tried to go out there today. The grass is taller than many of the baskets there. There are a number of holes where if you don't ace it, your disc is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Feuergeist View Post
            Yeah, just tried to go out there today. The grass is taller than many of the baskets there. There are a number of holes where if you don't ace it, your disc is gone.
            Please add some detail to your statement.
            What holes are you talking about?

17 and 18 are the only holes with high grass that might taller than a basket.

Comment

I keep reading about how unplayable Keizer Rapids is.

1: I played there, and thought it was a good course, with good potential. It needed tee pads and signage. The shots are fun, and the golf is interesting. Yes, the rough was thick, and yes, I lost a disc, and yes, I had spotters, but it's just a piece of plastic. Think how many discs were lost at Trojan last weekend alone? Yes, if you are afraid of losing a disc, don't go to Trojan, and maybe not Keizer. I lost an ace disc, but it was my own fault for throwing it on a hole I had never played before. Heck, I lost a first run circle stamp AND a CE Leopard on a recent road trip; that's just life on the disc golf course. We get over it, and we move on. Get out there and play!

2: If the rough is thick at Keizer Rapids, LET'S FIX IT! Sounds like some work parties are in order. Need more manpower? Reach out to clubs like Albany, Willamette, Eugene, Stumptown, DGOD, Depot, etc.. What if you had a work party and invited all those clubs? How many people would show up? How much work could be done?
              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Treelove,

Thanks for the enthusiasm about work parties at Keizer.

Work parties do happen at Keizer about once every other month. Did you notice the stairs that got put in on 12 and between 16 and 17. The high grass has been cut on 17 and 18. The new tee signs that are installed on half the tees. 16 had a huge amount of scotch broom removed from the fairway. You can almost see the the basket from the tee that is 460 feet away. Plus all the smaller areas of the course have been worked on. All of this happened this year.

Right now Capital City Disc Golf is working with a concrete contractor to make the tee pads. The rest of the tee signs are slowly being put in.

The majority of the people who play and do the work at Keizer don't read this forum. If you want to know about work parties happening a Keizer take a look at http://www.capitalcitydiscgolf.com/Forum/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=general
                and http://www.discgolfscene.com/clubs/C...Disc_Golf_Club

In the future, I'll try to keep this forum informed about work parties. All the tee pads will need to be leveled and prepped for concrete in the near future.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X