X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keizer Rapids course review

me and Randy played the course, Randy thought the fairways were a little tight on someholes with no real fairway, but had lots of potential with a little tree or bush removed here and there, looks like some of that is already going on, liked the field area but thouhgt maybe more holes out there, hard to tell what it's like in the winter, the alternates on 12 and 13 looked like that's what they were for, liked that hardly can't see or here other park users, also thought that two many holes ended up sidearm or lefty, said in current form that he would not go out of his way to play it but would would go back with friends, I had many of the same thoughts, really liked some of the holes enough to include it in a salem trip, thought the same with the fairways and the lefty part, alternate pins can fix the problem, a little more clearing will too, really liked the private aspect of the course, really liked some of the greens, great green on 11, with work and play that clear and stomp down some stuff and if the city keeps the main areas mowed if will become a great course that people will play, hole one is a great start, thanks guys for the hard work that is going on there, did notice some unfortunate trash there already, a can or two on the course would be good, and people take your beer cans back out with you, a new park needs to be kept clean for the simple fact that we want them to know we appritiate the land use ,

I didn't think it was too lefty-friendly at all... and neither did my left-handed friend!

In fact... I can think of only a few holes that really favor a RHFH or LHBH shot. #17 for sure, but it's short.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

we probably don't see the same things, for example hole one favors a lefty even though it is a straight hole, you have a treeline on the right early and then on the left late, the righty has to go straight at it and if they fall short left then their in trouble, as to a lefty they can swing it left to right avoid the trouble and get it in the right side of the fairway by the basket , that's the opening in the fairway, eventhough it's a straight shot it still favors a lefty, even putting from the opening a lefty will fall away towards the path clearing and a righty will fall behind the brush, so did you see any lefty advantage on hole one

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
        we probably don't see the same things, for example hole one favors a lefty even though it is a straight hole, you have a treeline on the right early and then on the left late, the righty has to go straight at it and if they fall short left then their in trouble, as to a lefty they can swing it left to right avoid the trouble and get it in the right side of the fairway by the basket , that's the opening in the fairway, eventhough it's a straight shot it still favors a lefty, even putting from the opening a lefty will fall away towards the path clearing and a righty will fall behind the brush, so did you see any lefty advantage on hole one
        Nope, I don't see the lefty advantage there at all. A RHBH turnover shot thrown a little to the left off the tee will avoid the early right trees and end up well clear of the late left ones.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

that's contradicting youself ,if a righty has to make a turnover shot, then it is a lefty advantage correct, the righty is not doing his normal throw ,

Comment

that's contradicting youself ,if a righty has to make a turnover shot, then it is a lefty advantage correct, the righty is not doing his normal throw ,
            I'm not contradicting myself. Turnover shots and lefty/sidearm shots don't follow the same line at all. As a righty, I think gentle, sweeping right turns are MUCH easier than long, gentle left turns. Lefties/sidearmers only have an advantage if the very end of the throw needs to tail off to the right.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

As an ambi thrower I'd have to agree - the shape of a turnover v. a hyzer is dramatically different and I throw a good number of turnover shots when I could as easily use the opposite arm and hyzer it.

It's a matter of how you want to shape the arc of the shot...

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
              I'm not contradicting myself at all. Turnover shots and lefty/sidearm shots don't follow the same line at all. As a righty, I think gentle, sweeping right turns are MUCH easier than long, gentle left turns. Lefties/sidearmers only have an advantage if the very end of the throw needs to tail off to the right.

Comment

i throw with both hands as well and took just as many if not more lefty shots, did not sidearm or turnover much usually lefty so maybe i throw my lefty different than everyone else, but it seemed clear that the usual pin placement went to the right on most holes that had an option,

Comment

Try and be a golfer, not a thrower

Are you whining that too many holes have lefty routes? Well then, I greatly apologize for being a factor in that. I will make sure that the next course follows the traditional righty only approach.....

try and be a little diverse in your shots. I hate ppl that bitch about something being favorable. Learn to use different shots or play a different course.

Comment

me and Randy played the course, Randy thought the fairways were a little tight on someholes with no real fairway, but had lots of potential with a little tree or bush removed here and there, looks like some of that is already going on, liked the field area but thouhgt maybe more holes out there, hard to tell what it's like in the winter, the alternates on 12 and 13 looked like that's what they were for, liked that hardly can't see or here other park users, also thought that two many holes ended up sidearm or lefty, said in current form that he would not go out of his way to play it but would would go back with friends, I had many of the same thoughts, really liked some of the holes enough to include it in a salem trip, thought the same with the fairways and the lefty part, alternate pins can fix the problem, a little more clearing will too, really liked the private aspect of the course, really liked some of the greens, great green on 11, with work and play that clear and stomp down some stuff and if the city keeps the main areas mowed if will become a great course that people will play, hole one is a great start, thanks guys for the hard work that is going on there, did notice some unfortunate trash there already, a can or two on the course would be good, and people take your beer cans back out with you, a new park needs to be kept clean for the simple fact that we want them to know we appritiate the land use ,
                    Please consider periods, sentences and paragraphs. I can figure out the spelling but the lack of spacing makes your writing hard to read.

Comment

i wasn't bitching, i design courses every week at our course for our tuesday seriers, no complains about them, they look foward to them, that's why most of them show up every week, so i think i have a little insight, i was just trying to tell people what to expect and give a little advice if you want to be a greatly played course, you don't seem to comment on all the good things said, and my friend randy really didn't like it at all, so i think you are not reading things properly, if you want to see some bitching i could take it hole for hole if you would like , and ger real explicit on how it is a lefty course, i like lefty courses because i throw both ways, waterloo has some of the same stuff, my second best rated round was there, throwing mostly left handed, if you can't take a honest course review then don't make any courses

next don't read it then just skip right over mine, sorry i don't have an updated spellcheck computer

Comment

next don't read it then just skip right over mine, sorry i don't have an updated spellcheck computer
                        As Matt mentioned, spelling is not the problem here.
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

spellcheck does more than check spelling, the one at Linfield that I my sister used you just talked too and it did the rest, and if I wanted to take the time to figure it out the one i'm on here at work i'm sure probably does, but i don't really care i actually think it's kind of funny

Comment

Wow, is this "throw crap on Terry" day? This thread appeared to be a non-biased review of a new, rough course. The guy knows what he's talking about when it comes to course design, albeit, he throws in a few too many mandos . The extremely defensive position regarding the new course isn't going to turn anyone else on to playing it. When you guys get the dreaded P-Oak under control, I'll make my way out and see just how lefty it is.

Comment

Yeah....

what he said, layoff, and thanks for all the hard work getting a course installed... I will be checking it out tomorrow, and I guess I will just keep my thoughts to myself as I would hate to be attacked like terry for giving a heads up to those unfortunate enough to not be able to scout every course in Oregon. Also his computer is really old and ghetto so lay off on the grammar and punctuation...
                              Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X