Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone find my white Gator ace disc out there?
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

No gator, but we did lose one in one of those ponds, I think hole 12 or 13?

Comment

played the course today for the first time. absolutely loved it. shot +5 so it wasnt too bad. Lots of 4's that should have easily been 3's. Tons of Nettles out their that burned my legs pretty good, but not too bad if you can man up and deal with the burn. The highlight of the day though was getting an ace on Hole 12. The first one across the pond. Very sick throw.

Any one have any idea of how many aces have been hit out there? I see lots of possible ones, but dont see that many getting hit.
        All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
          Tons of Nettles out their that burned my legs pretty good, but not too bad if you can man up and deal with the burn.
          Or wear long pants.
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I wear my shorts year round. no long pants for me!!!
            All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

How does the course look these days? Thinking about giving it a shot this weekend.

Comment

It should be fine. I played it in March, which was perfect because the underbrush was about as thin as it gets. The biggest problem at Keizer right now is the lack of teepads, so footing is sketchy on a few holes.
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Definitely Worth a Stop

Jason,

I played it on the way back down from NA's Spring sale. I thought the course was in great shape for being less than a year old. It was raining lightly and pretty wet that afternoon. As Adam said some of the tee area's were a little muddy or full of water so I improvised on a few. Also a couple of walkouts are steep and slippery. I thought I was going to have trouble locating a few throws but really never did have a problem, though the potential is there. Fun course, but not a walk in the park either. Print out a map as the multiple trails through the course make it interesting finding your way around.

Comment

Heh, I played this course on Monday, my first response is this course has many cool holes but is ruined by the simple lack of thought put into the course planning. It is obvious that the tees and baskets went in before clearing took place because many holes if you moved the tee pad over a few feet the hole changes from stupid lucky to more skill shots off the tee. We wasted at least an hour wandering the course looking for the next tee and finding the baskets. 12 wooden stakes cost 2.50 at home depot, there should be at least 24 stakes out there with directions and showing where tees/baskets are. I thought several holes were awesome but the lack of consistent markers where the next tee and basket were ruined my perspective of this course for the time being. I'll be moving back soon and will definitely put in my volunteer time making this course better in a hurry because it has potential. There are too many poke and hope holes on the front 9 which was extremely frustrating like holes 5, 7 and 10. Holes 3, 6 and 9 were a bit too tight for the average player but with a little trimming will be fine. Looking for the baskets on the back 9 was horrible, took us a good 10 minutes to find holes 11, 14, 15, 16. But will venture out there to put in some work on it soon...

Comment

I agree that 7 and 10 are ridiculous. 5 has a route down the path. As for the hard-to-find baskets, that only matters the first time you play. They have decent maps available though.
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I did not think any of the hoes were "ridiculous". I also found it FAIRLY easy to get around with a map, but it could indeed use some signage.
                        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

A map on the kiosk would have been a great idea. Holes 7 and 10 are ridiculous in their current state because there is not a clean route anywhere off the tee to the hole. I had a group of 6 in front of me that were 1st timers as well and they were scrambling all over as well. I'll pitch in my help on this for sure cuz I liked plenty of the holes like 2, 12, 13, 15, and 18.

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                            A map on the kiosk would have been a great idea. Holes 7 and 10 are ridiculous in their current state because there is not a clean route anywhere off the tee to the hole. I had a group of 6 in front of me that were 1st timers as well and they were scrambling all over as well. I'll pitch in my help on this for sure cuz I liked plenty of the holes like 2, 12, 13, 15, and 18.
                            The map on the kiosk was stolen. We are trying not to get it reprinted until the alts and changes happen.

I have seen numerous people park their drive on 7. My short throwing arm are has put it within 50 feet.

10 is hard! That is the way it was designed. Think of it as the equalizer for all the long throwers. I've heard it said you must put a little english on your disc to be successful on 10. I always throw a right hand forehand on 10.

You seem to wondering why the course isn't better. That's because the club is not working on it. Capital City is working on Woodmansee. When Woodmansee is finished, we'll all back at Keizer doing improvements

Comment

park drives on 7? no way, maybe stupid lucky throws but standing on the tee there is not a clean route for either backhand or forehand, unless you stand to the left of the tee pad which is cheating and not to be counted. But I definitely will go my 2nd time with you guys so you can give me your explanation of why and how versus my biased opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                                standing on the tee there is not a clean route for either backhand or forehand, unless you stand to the left of the tee pad which is cheating and not to be counted.
                                I agree. When the course was first being laid out, I tried to argue for a more sensible tee location, but they were all, "There's a route! Right there!" Well, yeah, I'm sure the 1000-rated pros might be able to hit that route occasionally... but for 99% of us, a good drive will be far more about luck than skill on that one.
                                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X